Invicta & NAC Move to Red

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='23 July 2010 - 04:41 AM' timestamp='1279874486' post='2385674']
The Stickmen move to Purple was a bloc move. We had 4 alliances moving to Purple (sadly only 3 actually moved), to increase the tightness of the bloc. This is just 1 alliance moving off the sphere.
[/quote]
It's two.

NAC are very close to us, but they run their own affairs.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='23 July 2010 - 04:41 AM' timestamp='1279874486' post='2385674']
So to conclude, sorry to see you go Invicta and NAC.
[/quote]
See? Two.

To be honest, I don't get this move at all. It's quite hilarious if you consider that I talked with my new found purple friends about this last night before this was announced, and they didn't understand the motivation for this move either. You had stable trades, and still a lot of friends on this sphere Invicta. Why the need to move off and join a smaller sphere? I don't get it, unless it was meant to try to further degenerate the Purple sphere.
[/quote]
Our two strongest military treaties are with Purple alliances. So no, that's not it either.

As for smaller sphere, though - Red is smaller than Purple in NS, however we now have 22 more nations than Purple does. Trades weren't the issue, but they're not the problem either.

However, in case we need to clear up any misconceptions. Stickmen are not the reason we moved. The people involved in the reason we moved know why, and they're the only people that need to know.

[quote name='abdur' date='23 July 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1279883504' post='2385728']
I wish the best of luck to my friends in Invicta :)
[/quote]
Thanks.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jonte' date='23 July 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1279862988' post='2385523']
*high fives the rest of purple*
[/quote]

Right, because it's good for your color sphere that an entire alliance left and took their trades with them?

[quote name='lebubu' date='23 July 2010 - 04:43 AM' timestamp='1279874613' post='2385675']
Good, we need the garbage in one place.
[/quote]

Well if that's the case when can we expect LUE to start moving to Red?

I can quite understand wanting to get away from Purple politics, and this is certainly a win for the NPO who can now have their 'open Red' taken a bit more seriously (instead of it just being NPO and micro-alliances). Invicta presumably now gets immunity from sanctions in wartime and friendly in-sphere politics, and it's a perfect excuse to leave Purple Unity which was falling apart anyway.

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 July 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1279888332' post='2385779']
Well if that's the case when can we expect LUE to start moving to Red?[/quote]
Oh, he's in MK. LUE lost and disbanded some time ago. The more you know!

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Earogema' date='23 July 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1279870597' post='2385653']
You know what? I like it. I think we need more red team alliances. Red Dawn is cool and all, but all of those alliances are so goddamn small. Invicta isn't huge or anything but it's a relatively stable alliance with some numbers. [/quote]

Actually a quick look at their 30 day Alliance Strength History shows something of a decline...

At some point an alliance of some significance (with all due respect to CoJ) was going to move to Red and it was most likely going to be an alliance with very close ties to NPO. So from that perspective all of this logical.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='23 July 2010 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1279892321' post='2385821']
Im sorry I forgot to wish our friends in NAC the best of luck. Though your red hellbilly dont be a stranger.
[/quote]

We have tried for years to get him to be a stranger and he is still hanging around. I told them to stop feeding the stray but noone will listen to me, and dont worrie we are used to being forgot.

o/Valhalla you guys have always been good to us Thanks

Edited by shavar

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 July 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1279864162' post='2385555']
Actually, the move of NAC and us puts Red ahead of Purple in total nations. Although Red's average NS is still quite a lot lower than Purple.

But total nations is what really matters for trades.
[/quote]

Heh, I wasn't looking at stats to be honest. Politically, the red sphere is the "NPO" sphere and will be be for some time. I am sure at some point in time though, that Red will see more growth as there will be other alliances that become politically isolated on their relative spheres and see Red as their next move for whatever reason. Although you also bring up the point of ANS which these days is more important these days on the global scene when it comes war time and that might play into things as well.

Edited by James IV

[quote name='wickedj' date='22 July 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1279850428' post='2385143']
I require a further explanation of this remark as it confused me greatly...
[/quote]
See, I was making a tongue-in-cheek joke about 'masters' as that word seems to be tossed around alot these days. By you post indicating that NPO was our masters, I responded from the viewpoint that at least we weren't moving closer to your masters on their sphere; in fact, as you astutely pointed out we were moving to the NPO's sphere (red), hence still further from your own masters. At which point I expect you'll make a post saying 'hey, we don't have masters' and look like the fools you are, given the original post I quoted. Because, if you claim other alliances have masters without any credible proof nor knowing anything of the reasons or motives behind this (due no doubt to the horrendous mentality of "private channels ftw!") you look like people talking out of your lower orifice. But see, that's the joke, given the original post that I was joking about, because that post was joking, so I made a joke about that joke which results in this joke, hence....

Oh, never mind! My and my subtle jokes....
I am surrounded by barbarians :P

To be honest, I don't get this move at all. It's quite hilarious if you consider that I talked with my new found purple friends about this last night before this was announced, and they didn't understand the motivation for this move either. You had stable trades, and still a lot of friends on this sphere Invicta. Why the need to move off and join a smaller sphere?
[/quote]
You get the silver medal for thinking this through, and...

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='23 July 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1279889645' post='2385792']
I can quite understand wanting to get away from Purple politics, and this is certainly a win for the NPO who can now have their 'open Red' taken a bit more seriously (instead of it just being NPO and micro-alliances). Invicta presumably now gets immunity from sanctions in wartime and friendly in-sphere politics, and it's a perfect excuse to leave Purple Unity which was falling apart anyway.
[/quote]
You get the gold medal.

[quote name='Mr. Teets' date='23 July 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1279897819' post='2385885']
Sad to see you go NAC. I hope you prosper on the Red sphere though. If you need anything you know where we are.

o/ NAC
[/quote]

Thanks man It is nice to know we still have some Purple Love. the feeling is the same , Regaurdless what color we are, our friends remain the same.

So much change.. such is the nature of the world..

Best of luck on RED Invicta.. Good alliances on there: NPO, RED, CoJ to name but just a few.

To Purple: I still love you guys.. Miss ya too ;)

oo/ Invicta
oo/ NAC
oo/ Red Sphere
oo/ Purple Sphere (Sphere of lovers) :P

I wish both our friends in Invicta and in NAC the best of luck in their journey. While sad to see this happen and the loss of trades to purple, I can understand the decision, just surprised to see such monumental changes with Invicta lately. I however wish you all luck in your journey and hope things work out for you in Red.

[quote name='Batallion' date='23 July 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1279904417' post='2386009']
Wow... That one Invicta being up NPO's butt the farthest comment was absolutely true.
[/quote]

You really are that stupid.
Well, you got that going for you I guess.