Official announcement from the Legion

Well fought, Legion.

And, wake-up call for everyone: no one from NSO [b]at all[/b] is claiming that we won. You can try to make that claim that we need some sense of humility, but we fought a good opponent, and our coalition, us included, received a sound beating from them. Granted, we responded thoroughly in kind, but there is no need for anyone here to say that NSO has some massive hubris about them.

Also, I'd say some things about MK/VE, but there's no politically correct way of doing it. Just know that peace was in the works well before that mess.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1320632776' post='2840783']
I felt the need to emphasize their immense failure.
[/quote]

Losing to a much larger alliance is a failure? I don't think it matters who you're against, if the alliance you are fighting is much bigger, you're probably going to lose unless the alliance is really, [i]really[/i] bad :wacko:

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1320630949' post='2840764']
Yeah Rush, how sore are you about $21m you spent on NSO this war?

Some people will clutch at any straws to attempt to score one over someone.
[/quote]

Try not to judge everyone by the same standards you live by.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320623910' post='2840701']
Can you tell me what terms have been impossed on NSO for them to achieve peace? I must have missed them.
[/quote]
None, that's why it's a white peace. It is also a Legion victory. Victory doesn't imply anything about the terms that end the conflict.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320624710' post='2840713']
Maybe you misunderstod my post, sorry, I can't seem to be understood too easily these days.

I was asking that question because it seemed Schattenmann was implying there where some terms.
[/quote]
No, I didn't:
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1320623458' post='2840692']
White peace refers to whether or not there were terms/conditions on peace. Victory of defeat refers to just that: who won. Legion is victorious whether the wiki has some kind of autistic understanding of the concepts or not.
[/quote]
So, I guess you need some ~reading classes~

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320627341' post='2840732']
All !@#$%^&*ting aside, I could see this as a strategic victory for NSO since their strategy was to not to surrender and they didn't.
[/quote]
Vladimir, is that you?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1320630410' post='2840757']
I encourage the next alliance that beats the !@#$ out of NSO (and with NSO there's always a next one) to require them to admit they were defeated by Legion before granting them peace regardless of any other terms.
[/quote]
Maybe you can help some such hypothetical alliance get MK's permission to do that.

Edited by Schattenmann

I see that people are going to continue putting words in our mouths without actually bothering to pay attention to what any of us are saying. That's expected, though.

The NSO doesn't have hubris. We're proud, and we're stubborn, and we'd rather fight on for what we believe we deserve rather than capitulate just to save some stats. I don't see any reason to be disappointed in the NSO in this war. We were, after all, the only alliance that showed up and bothered to put on a competent defense of our allies. There are plenty of other people who would do well to re-examine their actions, or inactions, over the last month. But it's probably easier to just dump on us and act like we're somehow to blame just because we actually fought.

Again, kudos to Legion for actually showing more fortitude in this war than so many other more popular alliances. Also again, this agreement had nothing to do with MK/VE.

[quote name='Immerael' timestamp='1320611784' post='2840491']
o/ Peace

I'd like to give props to
Rayvon of NSO
Griff of NSO
Dane0 of Tetris

I had several several wars this time around and you three were the only ones who gave me a hard time. Made this war a lot of fun, best of luck in the future to all of you.
[/quote]

Your air force was the first to offer resistance .. It was a fun back-n-forth :war:

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1320612548' post='2840504']
NSO has never lost a war, didn't you know? They're undefeated, the greatest military in the cyberverse. The world could be ripped to shreds around them and NSO would be standing strong on the smoldering bodies of their allies.

Coalition defeat, NSO "Strategic Victory"
[/quote]

We're not always the most destructive, but we [i]always[/i] achieve what we set out for.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320614744' post='2840569']
Legion has earned more respect in this war. Whatever else any of us may say about them, they displayed a greater willingness and ability to seize opportunities than many, many other alliances over the last month, and, for that matter, a greater fortitude in the face of uncertainty. So props to them for that.

The NSO didn't win and you won't see anyone from NSO seriously claiming we did, but I am still proud of our performance over the last month, given everything that we had to put up with.

And finally, this had nothing to do with MK/VE's little stunt the other night - both side were already well on the path to this resolution by then. Just to be clear.
[/quote]

Wise words of a former Emperor :wub:

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1320621915' post='2840666']
But that wasn't what happened. The Legion-NSO "peace" was agreed to under duress to both parties. Thus it isn't any sort of a military victory for either Legion OR NSO, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Alexander and I were already in discussion of another meeting prior to the surprise MK/VE announcement, and I'd like to believe that we carried that meeting out exactly as intended regardless of the unnecessary 3rd party involvement.

All !@#$%^&*ting aside, I could see this as a strategic victory for NSO since their strategy was to not to surrender and they didn't.
[/quote]

First thing you've said this war that made sense :P

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1320630828' post='2840762']
If we were really blue-balled, we would have just declared war on them. I'm glad to see this, Tetris has their peace and can rebuild, NSO and Legion can shrink back into britches that fit a little better, and the world can move on.
[/quote]

Tried to fit in to your britches, but they were a bit too dirty for my liking.

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1320610875' post='2840468']
Since GWI, right?

I applaud you legion, as well as polar.
[/quote]
Legion was on the victorious sides in the Unjust War and the War of the Coalition.

Good luck to our allies going forward.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1320611756' post='2840490']
I love how NSO's wiki was quick to call this one simply "White Peace" to avoid saying "Legion Victory" or "NSO Defeat"...
[/quote]
You would be amazed at how many alliances have that for the Karma, TOP-CnG and DH-NPO/VE-NpO wars

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/North_Atlantic_Defense_Coalition#Wars
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Democratic_Alliance#War_History
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Echelon#Wars

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320633674' post='2840807']
Try not to judge everyone by the same standards you live by.
[/quote]
So you really think Rush is bothered by $21m? or were you just saying it to score points?

Either way, it sounds idiotic to me.

[/quote]

There comes a point in a fight when a fighter gets so badly beat the referee steps in to save the fighter who is on the verge of being permently disabled or killed. He can try to pretend he didnt lose because he wasnt counted out but the reality of his situaton is he was badly beat. The body knows but the brain is damaged. So self delusions come easy.

Honestly glad to see this.

Congrats to Tetris on obtaining peace and being able to move forward all the better for it, and congrats to Legion on their victory over NSO after all those months of harassment, notwithstanding what the paper might say.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320630609' post='2840759']
[color="#0000FF"]Do I need to dig up Rush's post where after countless hours of looking he found [b]absolutely no members[/b] of the NSO saying that we could beat Legion on our own?[/color]
[/quote]

Shall I dig up the post of mine showing TehChron and Varianz (well Krunk and Charles Stuart as well, but neither of them matter) did acknowledge their 1v1 taunts?

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1320631105' post='2840766']
No, RV, he just couldn't find anyone [i]that mattered[/i].

As for most of the Legionarres I fought? Well, you can't remember the ones that didn't leave an impression, I guess. But congratulations for giving me my first wartime anarchies since 2008. Really. It was a good war.
[/quote]

It really was, on and off the battlefield ;) .

Missed you this weekend :wub:

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320633149' post='2840798']
Losing to a much larger alliance is a failure? I don't think it matters who you're against, if the alliance you are fighting is much bigger, you're probably going to lose unless the alliance is really, [i]really[/i] bad :wacko:
[/quote]

NPO must be really really bad because they lost to MK or FAN or NoR or GOONS and NPO is a much larger alliance than any of them!

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1320634376' post='2840814']
First thing you've said this war that made sense :P
[/quote]

Just because its not to your liking, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense :P

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1320635937' post='2840838']
Props to Legion for standing up for itself. I am proud to have defended Tetris regardless of the cost. Best of luck in the future.
[/quote]

Yeah no bs, it was a great war. You would do well to buy back daily though! Lord knows you had the money.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1320644507' post='2840906']
There comes a point in a fight when a fighter gets so badly beat the referee steps in to save the fighter who is on the verge of being permently disabled or killed. He can try to pretend he didnt lose because he wasnt counted out but the reality of his situaton is he was badly beat. The body knows but the brain is damaged. So self delusions come easy.
[/quote]

I understand what you mean, but consider that NSOs brain wasn't damaged to the point where they were permanently disabled or killed.. they had/have allies that would/will aid them and help them rebuild post war, so even entire alliance ZI wouldn't permanently disable.. It was different in DH-NPO when NPO surrendered because they had fought to a point where continuing to fight would have never gotten them anywhere... and all their allies had burned as well.

[quote name='Ch33kY' timestamp='1320640805' post='2840884']
VE and MK are such peacemongers.
[/quote]

Quite the opposite, MK has been instigating war like they are the new NPO. Also they were the ones threatening war to both sides if they didn't stop. Thing is though, I bet that MK will declare on both sides anyway just for the sake of war :P

Good job to Legion for winning this, especially against multiple AAs

Edited by Darth Banana

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1320638854' post='2840862']
So you really think Rush is bothered by $21m? or were you just saying it to score points?

Either way, it sounds idiotic to me.
[/quote]

the fact you say anything is simple idiotic.

Rush is one of the leaders of TLR, he pumped money be it his own or that of his alliance to the losing side, then comes in to this topic to simply to talk trash as he has this idea he is better then others when in truth he's nothing but a loud mouth who like to talk to much, then again I guess that's why you two are such a great match.

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1320645261' post='2840920']
Quite the opposite, MK has been instigating war like they are the new NPO. Also they were the ones threatening war to both sides if they didn't stop. Thing is though, I bet that MK will declare on both sides anyway just for the sake of war :P

Good job to Legion for winning this, especially against multiple AAs
[/quote]
We're actually declaring on NPO now, just for old time's sake.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320633149' post='2840798']
[/quote]
I think that was the point; he was implying that we are indeed really, [i]really[/i] bad. Which is fine by me. If people want to underestimate us, that's their decision and their problem, should they ever come up against us. Not to say we're the greatest (I'm not that ignorant of the rest of Bob), but we are better than most people give us credit for, and I'm glad this war showed that.

o/ peace and ave Legio! Good show from Tetris, NSO, and Co. I didn't really get a chance to square off against IAA, BTA, or NsO, so I can't really speak as to your performance. But, thanks go out to my opponents for the fun times! Props to:

Providence7 of Republic of States (NSO)
Vishnu Hirani of Haramzadikuti (Tetris)
Tiber Septim of The Tamrielic Empire (NSO), aka Master Holton - Good to see you again. Sorry to say we were on opposite sides, but it was fun. Hope rebuilding goes well, and you have a good, long, successful future on Bob.

And a special thanks to Griff of Crash Conglomerate (NSO) for the two nukes he fed me in the first round. Nothing like a radioactive nation to inform me that I'm two days late to the war. xD

There's one other person I'm forgetting. He attacked me along with Griff in the first round, and I cannot for the life of me remember the name. But you fought well! Thanks for jumping me. You and Griff were a great reminder of why I should never, ever be inactive. Won't happen again, I promise.

Good luck to everyone with rebuilding, hope to see you out there in the next one!