Official announcement from the Legion

I'm happy to see Tetris is out of this mess and can move on. Also happy to see another ass whoop'n put on NSO as those never get old.

And though I hope to never see another joint VE/MK announcement again, it was nice to see the anti-VE crowd come out over the last couple of days. I was starting to miss you guys.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320645089' post='2840918']
Shall I dig up the post of mine showing TehChron and Varianz (well Krunk and Charles Stuart as well, but neither of them matter) did acknowledge their 1v1 taunts?

[/QUOTE]Such a post doesnt exist. The only one acknowledging such a taunt in the only post youve made to that effect featured myself admitting it. A far cry from what you're trying to present that as.

Edit: Also im never really around on the weekends. I think ive told you that before?

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320646599' post='2840938']
Nice attempt to try to twist words but as I recall, those losses where against a larger coalition totalling more than NPO, with the exception of the FAN-1V war which ended around the time of Karma war.

Point is, Legion are much bigger than Tetris and NSO, although there was a point in the war where the coalition of alliances techinically had more strength but it wasn't fully used, irrelevent though.

To say Tetris failed in some way because they lost to a larger alliance is silly.
[/quote]

Tetris (and NSO) failed when they acted like asshats to Legion, both on irc and the owf. They then proceeded to get curbstomped to the extent that they needed their allies to intervene. Despite the intervention, Legion was poised on the brink of victory, and they needed MK and VE to step in and essentially order Legion to accept white peace.

THAT...is a fail.

Edited by hewhoisgod

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320675246' post='2841044']
God forbid we do what we can to end a war for our ally.
[/quote]

Please, save it. All your "ally" had to do was say "war's over" and it was over for them. I obviously wasn't involved in the negotiations, but that doesn't seem to be in dispute by anyone. And, of course, there's the little matter of this being a war your "ally" provoked and begged for. Your leadership is congratulating Legion for victory despite the harassment it has received, when your leadership (and alliance by proxy) was harassing them up until the moment of victory. I'm about as VE-neutral as can get on Planet Bob, but when you look foolish, I don't mind pointing it out.

[quote name='hewhoisgod' timestamp='1320681045' post='2841110']
Tetris (and NSO) failed when they acted like asshats to Legion, both on irc and the owf. They then proceeded to get curbstomped to the extent that they needed their allies to intervene. Despite the intervention, Legion was poised on the brink of victory, and they needed MK and VE to step in and essentially order Legion to accept white peace.

THAT...is a fail.
[/quote]

You are either misinformed or dumb.

EDIT: I'll assume misinformed seeing as you used to be in an alliance that was allied to Tetris.

Edited by USMC123

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320684205' post='2841129']
Please, save it. All your "ally" had to do was say "war's over" and it was over for them. I obviously wasn't involved in the negotiations, but that doesn't seem to be in dispute by anyone. And, of course, there's the little matter of this being a war your "ally" provoked and begged for. Your leadership is congratulating Legion for victory despite the harassment it has received, when your leadership (and alliance by proxy) was harassing them up until the moment of victory. I'm about as VE-neutral as can get on Planet Bob, but when you look foolish, I don't mind pointing it out.
[/quote]

Who cares?

Who really cares?

You are going to do nothing about it but post about how angry it made you.

Do something about it, go roll NSO.

[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/131/896/gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg?1307579749[/img]
[u][i][b]MK and VE when they announced the 72 hour deadline.[/b][/i][/u]

[img]http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/738/738102/gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg[/img]
[u][i][b]MK and VE now that peace is announced.[/b][/i][/u]

[quote name='Nedved III' timestamp='1320685402' post='2841145']
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/131/896/gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg?1307579749[/img]

[img]http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/738/738102/gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I feel like this best describes the entire topic.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320645814' post='2840930']
Just out of curiosity, how is it talking trash, by pointing out that Legion won a war they SHOULD have won. And by pointing out to all of those clamoring all over themselves acting like Legion just single handed took out 1V-Q-Citadel-PB-CnG and SF all at the same time? They entered a war (which is a plus for them, and I gave them the proper props for it), then they won a war (which I give props for too), but they did it with 6.3 million to 4.9 million NS advantage. So, you know what? They SHOULD have won. Good on them that they did. But FFS, some people are acting like they won the superbowl. Act like you've been there before, thats really all Im saying.
[/quote]

I am sure if you spend the time to read the posts from members of The Legion you will find that they all agree on one thing, The legion should have won this war and did, that NSO did the honourable thing even if it did cost them the war by not calling in their allies that could and would've have won this war for them.

your issue is with those who had no part in this war and posting in the manner that is upsetting to you, and for your information loads of alliances have been to the superbowl and walked away with the ring, something that TLR has never done and nor has any of the alliances who merged to form TLR, so how about you earn that ring before you start telling others too.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320687358' post='2841163']
I am sure if you spend the time to read the posts from members of The Legion you will find that they all agree on one thing, The legion should have won this war and did, that NSO did the honourable thing even if it did cost them the war by not calling in their allies that could and would've have won this war for them.

your issue is with those who had no part in this war and posting in the manner that is upsetting to you, and for your information loads of alliances have been to the superbowl and walked away with the ring, something that TLR has never done and nor has any of the alliances who merged to form TLR, so how about you earn that ring before you start telling others too.
[/quote]
There's no ring here. NSO made an honorable move. The Legion, had they lost, would have been the laughing stock of CN. And While I'm never going to say they aren't, losing would have cemented that. So good onya Legion.

However, Yes, Timeline, it is quite infuriating that Legion's allies want to seem as if white peace and surrender from NSO and Tetris is the equivalent of having gone toe to toe with CnG, PB, etc. Yes, we have our Ivory Towers; Yes, we're running our mouths. But until CnG makes an actual military move there's only hollow words from those nay-sayers.
Shame on NSO for doing something honorable and taking peace instead of letting her allies come get a piece.

Edited by Avery du Troiseau

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320687358' post='2841163']

[/quote]

I don't even know where to begin. So I'll just skip that and do this instead:

You're pathetic. Your alliance is pathetic. Always was and always will be. Don't let this ONE victory since 2008 go to your heads because sooner or later, Legion will be facing defeat once again and it will be terribly amusing to see.

Best wishes to our good friends in the New Sith Order.

[quote name='Avery du Troiseau' timestamp='1320688148' post='2841169']
There's no ring here. NSO made an honorable move. The Legion, had they lost, would have been the laughing stock of CN. And While I'm never going to say they aren't, losing would have cemented that. So good onya Legion.

However, Yes, Timeline, it is quite infuriating that Legion's allies want to seem as if white peace and surrender from NSO and Tetris is the equivalent of having gone toe to toe with CnG, PB, etc. Yes, we have our Ivory Towers; Yes, we're running our mouths. But until CnG makes an actual military move there's only hollow words from those nay-sayers.
Shame on NSO for doing something honorable and taking peace instead of letting her allies come get a piece.
[/quote]

Am I reading this correctly that you think you'd be proving something by curbstomping an alliance? All a curbstomp proves is either the curbstompee has less friends than the curbstompers; it doesn't say anything about military acumen of the curbstompers. In fact, the notion that you apparently [i]think[/i] a curbstomp proves something says far more about your military acumen than any curbstomp demonstration could.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320688843' post='2841175']
Am I reading this correctly that you think you'd be proving something by curbstomping an alliance? All a curbstomp proves is either the curbstompee has less friends than the curbstompers; it doesn't say anything about military acumen of the curbstompers. In fact, the notion that you apparently [i]think[/i] a curbstomp proves something says far more about your military acumen than any curbstomp demonstration could.
[/quote]

You misinterpret and wound me, sir. I [b]know[/b] a curbstomp is ridiculous. I [b]think[/b] that a curbstomp is just that and doesn't prove anything in a vacuum. I do, though, more accurately think that the notion that this war was any sort of a reflection on CnG and PB is a joke and that those who want to flaunt that idea should find out what CnG has got going on.

Edited by Avery du Troiseau

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320684205' post='2841129']
[/quote]

Our ally was staying the war until their ally who came to their defense was able to negotiate peace. Maybe it's a foreign concept to you, but I find it to be very honorable to not leave a war without your ally, especially when you were the one being defended.

Yes, we are congratulating Legion on their victory because they earned it. We didn't "harass" them until the war reached a length which we felt unacceptable.

[quote name='Nedved III' timestamp='1320685402' post='2841145']

[/quote]

You're an idiot. If we wanted an escalated war we could have defended Tetris from the beginning.

[quote name='Avery du Troiseau' timestamp='1320688148' post='2841169']
There's no ring here. NSO made an honorable move. The Legion, had they lost, would have been the laughing stock of CN. And While I'm never going to say they aren't, losing would have cemented that. So good onya Legion. [/quote]

Actually...not entirely accurate. If Legion been piled on by NSO allies, the result would have been a pretty nasty counter, escalation, and in the end that this started over a Legion attack because of spying and public disrespect by Tetris would have become a historical footnote.

What's more, NSO went to allies privately requesting intervention at various points in the conflict and were either put off or had doors slammed in their face. There was nothing stoic or exceptionally honorable about what they did.

[quote]However, Yes, Timeline, it is quite infuriating that Legion's allies want to seem as if white peace and surrender from NSO and Tetris is the equivalent of having gone toe to toe with CnG, PB, etc. Yes, we have our Ivory Towers; Yes, we're running our mouths. But until CnG makes an actual military move there's only hollow words from those nay-sayers.[/quote]

Those of us who have, at some point in history, kept the lion waiting for its meal and came out of it with a cool pic our our head stuck in its mouth before throwing it some raw meat salute Legion. :smug:

But yeah, as I pointed out before in the thread, this was a victory without question for Legion over Tetris and its allies (including NSO), but...they didn't "win the game". Let them have their celebration and we'll move on with life on Planet Bob soon enough.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320689612' post='2841181']
You're an idiot. If we wanted an escalated war we could have defended Tetris from the beginning.[/quote]

True. It would have gotten messy, but no question. BTW there WC, by continuing to post in this thread and attempting to throw cold water on the celebration, all you're really doing is encouraging Legion's supporters and giving them a Gatorade victory bath. Let it go. Just saying. ;)

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320689612' post='2841181']
Our ally was staying the war until their ally who came to their defense was able to negotiate peace. Maybe it's a foreign concept to you, but I find it to be very honorable to not leave a war without your ally, especially when you were the one being defended.

Yes, we are congratulating Legion on their victory because they earned it. We didn't "harass" them until the war reached a length which we felt unacceptable.

You're an idiot. If we wanted an escalated war we could have defended Tetris from the beginning.
[/quote]

This man has a point ya know

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320649639' post='2840961']
If this (and every one of your other posts recently) is where you pretend they didn't be my guest. IAA had more wars than they had members at one point (yes I understand each nation can have up to 6 wars, but on average they had over 1 war per nation. 1.2 I believe it was), and there was more than a handful of members that gave it their all.

[/quote]

Im just posting to point out that this was an utter untruth, and maybe even worse, an intentional lie. At the HEIGHT of their involvment.. that had 24 outgoing wars, by 9 nations. Please just stop, you now look pretty dumb.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320609773' post='2840400']
Well fought war Legion. Many props.

o/ Peace
[/quote]

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1320609820' post='2840402']
Good war legion. I gained a lot of respect for you guys, and made a few new friends.
[/quote]

[quote name='Tank4ever' timestamp='1320609894' post='2840409']
well I had fun...got destroyed but had fun. Good war Legion
[/quote]

[quote name='Ridin High' timestamp='1320610012' post='2840418']
Tetris would first like to thank its allies in the New Sith Order for their unwavering support through this entire conflict.
Tetris would like to thank its allies in NsO for coming in with no questions asked, and for their stunning performance in the first round.
Tetris would like to thank BTA and the former members of IAA who fought valiantly on our behalf.
We would also like to thank GATO and TLR for enabling the former IAA members to fight.
I would personally like to thank all the member of Tetris who fought against overwhelming odds without the thought of surrender. This also extends to the couple of individuals who joined up for a couple of rounds to help out.

To the ~5 individuals who surrendered, we are waiting... watching.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320610019' post='2840421']
Pretty much this.

And a big thanks to NSO for the effort they put in for us and our coalition.
[/quote]

Ave to those I fought in both Tetris and NSO. Ave to my fellow Legionnaires who fought alongside me. Ave to the alliances of Tetris and NSO may the blood spilled on both sides wash away our differences. Our alliances are not set upon the same paths, but we share the bond of battle let us remember that as we move forward and rebuild.

[quote name='FeaR_LeSs' timestamp='1320610006' post='2840417']
good [b]victory[/b] Legion
[/quote]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1320610053' post='2840424']
Congrats on your well-earned victories over Tetris and NSO, Legion. Regardless of whether NSO admits it or not, they were defeated by Legion.
[/quote]

There are some here that seemingly wish to rub salt in the wounds of those they label as defeated. I ask them isn't war enough? I further ask them isn't it enough that Tetris and NSO have complied with our demands and put their name to paper stating that the war is at an end? I say that Peace is enough, veiled taunts are not welcome or needed.