Official announcement from the Legion

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320721912' post='2841432']
Well it sure is nice of you to show so clearly what our critics have been reduced to.[/quote]

I realize you have to try to put lipstick on this pig and all, but you have to admit that the ear rings, feather boa, and blonde wig you attempted to put on your remarks just weren't turning it into Angela Jolie.

[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001666769/3761938_miss_piggy_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg[/img]

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320711158' post='2841344']
I'm hurt, RV.

Seriously.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, you're terrible too. Just a forgettable terrible. Not terrible enough to warrant any particular mention, and not so terrible that you aren't as terrible as some of NSO's own who are no better than you.

Now if you want to be a true terrible might I suggest being more like ChairmanHal? There is a terrible that is both memorable a standard by which all terrible is measured. Seriously, he's just plain awful.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320725172' post='2841462']
I realize you have to try to put lipstick on this pig and all, but you have to admit that the ear rings, feather boa, and blonde wig you attempted to put on your remarks just weren't turning it into Angela Jolie.

[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001666769/3761938_miss_piggy_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg[/img]
[/quote]

Because completely ignoring what is said has helped people win arguments before.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320709829' post='2841326']
Yeah. Fair point.

So, how does MHA plan to win respect?
[/quote]

Do you consider yourself a micro?

Answer carefully.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320726587' post='2841474']
Threatening STA gets you nowhere.

I suggest you attempt to prove you and your alliances worth outside of OWF postings.
[/quote]

I'm sure STA's chancellor will be more than happy to explain his unnecessary slight with his own words.

As for threats, relax. My alliance has nothing to prove to anyone, least of all you.
The irony that you would replicate some of NSO's rhetoric less than 24 hours of the war ending is not lost on me.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1320726033' post='2841470']
Because completely ignoring what is said has helped people win arguments before.[/quote]

He admitted that NSO was defeated, but added so much preface and rationalization that it obscured the essential point. Bereft of all the extras, what we are left with a candid remark.

There are worse things than being part of a coalition of alliances that got beaten by Legion. It's where you go from here that truly matters. You got serious recruiting, retention, and growth/rebuilding issues that should be taking up your time, not OWF spin.

Dear merciful Admin.

To our allies and supporters: Thank you.
To Tetris and company: You fought hard, you supported your allies, time to get ready for the next party.
To our detractors: We love you too.

And now that everything that's needed to be said has been said, can we please close this thread before we have another 60-page train wreck?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320727200' post='2841480']
I'm sure STA's chancellor will be more than happy to explain his unnecessary slight with his own words.

As for threats, relax. My alliance has nothing to prove to anyone, least of all you.
The irony that you would replicate some of NSO's rhetoric less than 24 hours of the war ending is not lost on me.
[/quote]
We are a positive influence upon all those we encounter. A beacon of righteousness in a wayward world.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320727433' post='2841482']
He admitted that NSO was defeated, but added so much preface and rationalization that it obscured the essential point. Bereft of all the extras, what we are left with a candid remark.

There are worse things than being part of a coalition of alliances that got beaten by Legion. It's where you go from here that truly matters. You got serious recruiting, retention, and growth/rebuilding issues that should be taking up your time, not OWF spin.
[/quote]
My post offered a comprehensive and, yes, candid portrayal of the situation, while you are so intent on narrow-mindedly focusing on the "NSO didn't win!" aspect that you are apparently incapable of seeing anything else. A truly unfortunate case of tunnel vision. Political telescoping, as it were.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320727433' post='2841482']

[/quote]

We've been needlessly #(@! upon these past few days, all with conspiracy theories fueling the flames. I know this is the OWF and all, but the least we can do is set the record straight. Even if that means you guys don't quite get to have the fun poking at us as you normally would.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1320728677' post='2841499']
We've been needlessly #(@! upon these past few days, all with conspiracy theories fueling the flames. I know this is the OWF and all, but the least we can do is set the record straight. Even if that means you guys don't quite get to have the fun poking at us as you normally would.
[/quote]

You and your buddy taunted the weak kid for awhile, picked a fight, got your *@# kicked, and had to get your big brother and your buddy's big brother to come in and threaten the aforementioned weak kid, to stop the bleeding and in hopes that you could pretend it was an even draw. I think we're all getting the normal* amount of fun-poking.

[size="1"]*Which is, of course, [i]lots[/i] of fun poking[/size]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320726278' post='2841471']
Do you consider yourself a micro?

Answer carefully.
[/quote]

No.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320726587' post='2841474']
Threatening STA gets you nowhere.

I suggest you attempt to prove you and your alliances worth outside of OWF postings.
[/quote]

Don't worry, Smurf. MHA hasn't bothered to actually stand up for anything in a couple of years. On the scale of global perception, they're considered about half a step more effective than Sparta. This guy is free to make his empty threats re: minor perceived slight on the OWF, because he knows nothing will come of it.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320727200' post='2841480']

[/quote]

I'm actually a female, and have been for all of the nearly five years that I have served as ruler of Pezstaria. As for the unnecessary slight, I was merely pointing out the humor in a member of MHA stating that a win is umimpressive because it involved an alliance fighting a coalition smaller than them.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320747244' post='2841572']
I'm actually a female, and have been for all of the nearly five years that I have served as ruler of Pezstaria. As for the unnecessary slight, I was merely pointing out the humor in a member of MHA stating that a win is umimpressive because it involved an alliance fighting a coalition smaller than them.
[/quote]
Pez, you should know by now that MHA is a military powerhouse and could easily defeat any alliance out there...Sparta too

(no, i didnt keep a straight face when typing this)

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320747244' post='2841572']
No.

Don't worry, Smurf. MHA hasn't bothered to actually stand up for anything in a couple of years. On the scale of global perception, they're considered about half a step more effective than Sparta. This guy is free to make his empty threats re: minor perceived slight on the OWF, because he knows nothing will come of it.

[/quote]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320709829' post='2841326'][quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1320709434' post='2841323']
Dear lord, if all it takes these days to win respect after years of incompetence is to fend off some like fecal matter micros then I pray for society.[/quote]
Yeah. Fair point.

So, how does MHA plan to win respect?
[/quote]

Yeah, except that the "member of MHA,' you speak of is actually a member of Deinos.
I think three MHA members commented ITT, all of them praising Legion for their efforts or NSO for the conclusion.

Thanks for the apology in advance.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320749038' post='2841578']
Yeah, except that the "member of MHA,' you speak of is actually a member of Deinos.
[/quote]

Why would any afford an apology to you or others like you?

(hint:they won't )

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1320749038' post='2841578']
I think three MHA members commented ITT, all of them praising Legion for their efforts or NSO for the conclusion.

[/quote]

I apologize for thinking that guy was a member of MHA based on the pip he chose. That was wrong of me. I should have known better. He had the balls to stand up for something.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320750039' post='2841581']
I apologize for thinking that guy was a member of MHA based on the pip he chose. That was wrong of me. I should have known better. He had the balls to stand up for something.
[/quote]

You stay classy! :)

The irony that this thread ends with an alliance mocking another for no reason on perceived military ability... is quite enjoyable.
It's amazing how quick your opinion changed of the individual though after you realized your error! It's almost like you have something out for MHA.

Will save this one for safe keeping.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1320610628' post='2840459']
You are the ones who should be saying thanks to Legion and NSO for saving you from a political disaster.
[/quote]

Well played sir, Well played.