Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320645336' post='2840922']
the fact you say anything is simple idiotic.

Rush is one of the leaders of TLR, he pumped money be it his own or that of his alliance to the losing side, then comes in to this topic to simply to talk trash as he has this idea he is better then others when in truth he's nothing but a loud mouth who like to talk to much, then again I guess that's why you two are such a great match.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how is it talking trash, by pointing out that Legion won a war they SHOULD have won. And by pointing out to all of those clamoring all over themselves acting like Legion just single handed took out 1V-Q-Citadel-PB-CnG and SF all at the same time? They entered a war (which is a plus for them, and I gave them the proper props for it), then they won a war (which I give props for too), but they did it with 6.3 million to 4.9 million NS advantage. So, you know what? They SHOULD have won. Good on them that they did. But FFS, some people are acting like they won the superbowl. Act like you've been there before, thats really all Im saying.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320645814' post='2840930']
Just out of curiosity, how is it talking trash, by pointing out that Legion won a war they SHOULD have won. And by pointing out to all of those clamoring all over themselves acting like Legion just single handed took out 1V-Q-Citadel-PB-CnG and SF all at the same time? They entered a war (which is a plus for them, and I gave them the proper props for it), then they won a war (which I give props for too), but they did it with 6.3 million to 4.9 million NS advantage. So, you know what? They SHOULD have won. Good on them that they did. But FFS, some people are acting like they won the superbowl. Act like you've been there before, thats really all Im saying.
[/quote]

Pre-War NS (for NS lost)
Tetris 1060161
Legion 6286416
BTA 732659
IAA 1740229
NSO 2710425
NsO 712053

All those added together (minus Legion) is 6,955,527. Which is bigger than 6,286,416.

And no, its not the superbowl. It's the divisional game we needed to be in playoff contention. But we'll see you at the superbowl soon enough :smug:

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320646121' post='2840933']
Pre-War NS (for NS lost)
Tetris 1060161
Legion 6286416
BTA 732659
IAA 1740229
NSO 2710425
NsO 712053

All those added together (minus Legion) is 6,955,527. Which is bigger than 6,286,416.

And no, its not the superbowl. It's the divisional game we needed to be in playoff contention. But we'll see you at the superbowl soon enough :smug:
[/quote]

This is where you now pretend like IAA fought. Be my guest. Everyone knows what happened there. you had a MASSIVE NS advantage cuz of IAA's internal drama. If it makes you feel more accomplished to pretend like IAA was all-in, then do so. But much like people say that regardless of how NSO spins it, everyone knows they lost... regardless of how you spin it, everyone knows that IAA wasnt at war with you.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320645089' post='2840918']
NPO must be really really bad because they lost to MK or FAN or NoR or GOONS and NPO is a much larger alliance than any of them!
[/quote]

Nice attempt to try to twist words but as I recall, those losses where against a larger coalition totalling more than NPO, with the exception of the FAN-1V war which ended around the time of Karma war.

Point is, Legion are much bigger than Tetris and NSO, although there was a point in the war where the coalition of alliances techinically had more strength but it wasn't fully used, irrelevent though.

To say Tetris failed in some way because they lost to a larger alliance is silly.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320645336' post='2840922']
[b]the fact you say anything is simple idiotic.[/b]

Rush is one of the leaders of TLR, he pumped money be it his own or that of his alliance to the losing side, then comes in to this topic to simply to talk trash as he has this idea he is better then others when in truth he's nothing but a loud mouth who like to talk to much, then again I guess that's why you two are such a great match.
[/quote]
Can not understand the bolded part, please try again.

His alliance pumped 21m into NSO, I know Rush well enough to know he is not bitter about that money (of which only 15m was accepted) being wasted.
I agree with him that Legion should have won this war, they did.
He, to me, seems to dislike the vitriol of how this is being made out to be an outstanding achievement.
IAA was never really in the war much, and we have seen the result that had on the alliance.
So basically congrats Legion, you won, but tone it down some.

Pre-War NS (for NS lost)
Tetris 1060161
Legion 6286416
BTA 732659
IAA 1740229
NSO 2710425
NsO 712053

[/quote]

You were at the last superbowl, but I guess you were waiting in line for potty.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1320645089' post='2840918']
Shall I dig up the post of mine showing TehChron and Varianz (well Krunk and Charles Stuart as well, but neither of them matter) did acknowledge their 1v1 taunts?

[/quote]

Want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1320646773' post='2840944']
Can not understand the bolded part, please try again.

His alliance pumped 21m into NSO, I know Rush well enough to know he is not bitter about that money (of which only 15m was accepted) being wasted.
I agree with him that Legion should have won this war, they did.
He, to me, seems to dislike the vitriol of how this is being made out to be an outstanding achievement.
IAA was never really in the war much, and we have seen the result that had on the alliance.
[b]So basically congrats Legion, you won, but tone it down some.[/b]
[/quote]
Erm. I might understand telling Smurf to tone it down a bit (love the enthusiasm buddy; you're just overdoing it some), but most of the people who are calling this a great victory for us are not in the Legion. Similar to how the people saying that NSO should show some humility are completely ignoring the people from NSO who are actually posting here, none of whom have seemed all that interested in trying to spin this as a victory for them.

I agree, this is not something that we should be bragging about. When taking into account the people who refused to fight, this is a war we should have won. And we did. If there is anything outstanding to be said about this war, it is the fact that we have overcome much of the poor regard that a large portion of Bob has held us in for quite some time. I agree that it is not an incredible military feat, considering our advantage in NS once IAA is taken out of the picture. But from what I can tell there aren't many of us Legionnaires on here bursting out with ejaculations of "zomg we're awesome!"

*Edit for clarity

Edited by FreeMason

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320646412' post='2840935']
This is where you now pretend like IAA fought. Be my guest. Everyone knows what happened there. you had a MASSIVE NS advantage cuz of IAA's internal drama. If it makes you feel more accomplished to pretend like IAA was all-in, then do so. But much like people say that regardless of how NSO spins it, everyone knows they lost... regardless of how you spin it, everyone knows that IAA wasnt at war with you.
[/quote]

If this (and every one of your other posts recently) is where you pretend they didn't be my guest. IAA had more wars than they had members at one point (yes I understand each nation can have up to 6 wars, but on average they had over 1 war per nation. 1.2 I believe it was), and there was more than a handful of members that gave it their all.

When IAA/NsO/BTA left the battlefield, IAA was doing more damage than Tetris even as Tetris was sitting in peace mode. This was in part due to Taget having a huge tech advantage over any legionnaire, but that is aside from the point. IAA did fight. Maybe not that well, but they did.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320646599' post='2840938']
Nice attempt to try to twist words but as I recall, those losses where against a larger coalition totalling more than NPO, with the exception of the FAN-1V war which ended around the time of Karma war.

Point is, Legion are much bigger than Tetris and NSO, although there was a point in the war where the coalition of alliances techinically had more strength but it wasn't fully used, irrelevent though.

To say Tetris failed in some way because they lost to a larger alliance is silly.
[/quote]

Forgive me if I am misinterpreting you but this seems to be a double standard... You don't count the other people on Tetris' side in this coalition, but you do count the ones in the coalition against NPO. Why?

EDIT: I respect FreeMason and am gonna stop posting in this thread.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Lol, smurf, you don't have to stop posting. It's just that both sides of the argument have valid points to make, so the argument will just go on forever. Yes, if you just look at stats, we were at a slight disadvantage. But, if you look at how the pixels were put to use, it appears that we had the advantage.

On paper, we were hit by 5 alliances that together slightly outmatched us. In practice, not all of the alliances were as effective as they could've been. So the debate's just gonna go back and forth, no one's gonna win, and everyone's gonna get pissed off. Or at least mildly irritated. And while I know pointless arguments that no one can win are all the rage, I do tire of them from time to time. Let's just enjoy our victory and the modest boost in respect it has given us. :D

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1320646599' post='2840938']

[/quote]

umm not to point this out but your wrong....both wars FAN was against NPO and company they were outnumbered see these two links:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/FAN-1V_War

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/FAN-WUT_War

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1320647734' post='2840951']
Want a medal or a chest to pin it on?
[/quote]

Or do you want to play pin it on the monkey :P (playin on that avatar of yours haha)

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320644869' post='2840911']
... and congrats to Legion on their victory over NSO [b]after all those months of harassment[/b], notwithstanding what the paper might say.
[/quote]

That's rich, in light of the fact that yesterday, you were the one primarily threatening them.

[/quote]

I think we have heard this crap before. For the love of all things holy stfu.

This is where you now pretend like IAA fought. Be my guest. Everyone knows what happened there. you had a MASSIVE NS advantage cuz of IAA's internal drama. If it makes you feel more accomplished to pretend like IAA was all-in, then do so. But much like people say that regardless of how NSO spins it, everyone knows they lost... regardless of how you spin it, everyone knows that IAA wasnt at war with you.[/quote]This is where you pretend that every single Legionnaire was pulling their weigh equally, giving 100% to the war effort, and consequently giving us a massive NS advantage since IAA didn't fight as hard as they could have (although, to say that they didn't fight at all is false; I should know, I fought some of them.)

As, no doubt, many Sith will point out, not every Legionnaire fought back as hard as they could have, or (in some cases), at all. Some surrendered outright. There was some dead weight on our side, too. It makes sense to say that we outmatched the coalition arrayed against us [b][i]only if[/i][/b] you assume that every single Legionnaire was fighting at maximum efficiency, which, I'm sorry to say, we weren't.

Ignoring all of the little side-arguments that persist, however, I'll just say, "Good Game!" to all parties directly involved:
[b]NSO[/b], you didn't call in allies that you probably could have at the outset. It most likely cost you the war, but it's the one honorable thing I can personally credit you for, as an alliance.
[b]IAA[/b], first off, R.I.P., secondly - you fought a bit more than a lot of people want to admit, and they seem to be denying your admittedly-limited role outright chiefly for political reasons at this point.
[b]BTA[/b], I didn't personally meet any of you on the battlefield, so no comment.
[b]NsO[/b], I didn't personally meet any of you on the battlefield, so no comment.
[b]Tetris[/b], you've paid for your original sin many times over, such that I hope that the wrongness of the original crime is never lost amongst your ranks, in the shadow of the enormity of what happened to your alliance directly after.

[b]NpO[/b], thanks for the aid packets and for keeping things somewhat even, when the other side started taking outside aid.
[b]Legion[/b], congratulations, as an alliance. You've finally achieved one of the things that I'd hoped you would achieve since before I became a member. It was an honor that I was in the right place at the right time and able to play my part in it with you. Let's continue to make the future for our alliance brighter.

Edited by bigdaddychacha

Pre-War NS (for NS lost)
Tetris 1060161
Legion 6286416
BTA 732659
IAA 1740229
NSO 2710425
NsO 712053

And no, its not the superbowl. It's the divisional game we needed to be in playoff contention. But we'll see you at the superbowl soon enough :smug:[/quote]

Note to Legion Government: This one has had a bit too much celebratory mead and needs a string to tether it to earth. It's making bad American football analogies. <_<

Proper American football analogy: You're the Cleveland Browns (record 3-5-0) and you just beat a team that had a winning record. Time to celebrate, but also time to thank God/Yahweh/Allah/Vishnu/<insert deity here> that the other team had one of its best players injured, but played anyway (IAA), that its most overhyped player didn't perform (NSO), and that their all-star quarterback was held out due to lingering concussion symptoms (any of the fair number of alliances that could have come in for NSO or Tetris but didn't). In other words, you got a bit lucky, didn't hand the game over to the other team despite nearly trying to do so in the 4th quarter (NSO's hold out on the "surrender" word...yeah, they should have showed class and surrendered, but that wasn't going to happen and it wasn't worth losing a war over such semantics), and came away with a big, fat 'W'.

Once again, congratulations. However, you still have a losing record, you have much work ahead of you as you continue to improve as a team, and perhaps just perhaps, you might have a winning record in the end. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM"]But playoffs? what's this about playoffs? playoffs?[/url] :rolleyes:

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='NeCoHo' timestamp='1320676154' post='2841058']
Legion, your absolutely [i]mediocre[/i] performance this war does not make up for your absolutely [i]terrible[/i] performance last war.
[/quote]

Unlike previous wars, this was actually a fair fight. Usually the odds are stacked against the Legion. Also, this time this war was declared by The Legion, and finished by The Legion. Though there were external forces at work against us, the decisions were solely ours to make in this conflict.

Edited by illusion