Official announcement from the Legion

Who really won this war! was it The Legion, was it NSO & Co. ?

Many will say that legion won on the bases that NSO & Co had nothing left (sure they have allies waiting but they was not used so), a few will say NSO won simply because they did not have to admit defeat but your all wrong the true winners here are Legion and NSO because they both fought a hard war and came away with some new friends, if you really need a loser the all i can do is point at MK/VE.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320753964' post='2841590']
all i can do is point at MK/VE.
[/quote]

No, you're very good at pointing at GOONS in an irrelevant manner as well....don't forget to blame this on us.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320728594' post='2841498']My post offered a comprehensive and, yes, candid portrayal of the situation, while you are so intent on narrow-mindedly focusing on the "NSO didn't win!" aspect that you are apparently incapable of seeing anything else. A truly unfortunate case of tunnel vision. Political telescoping, as it were.
[/quote]

For what it's worth, and I realise that isn't much, I think you handled the shifting situation well with what you had at your disposal. There will never be a definitive answer as to what would or would not have happened without the MK/VE intervention into the situation and I for one am not going to try and construct a theoretical outcome. It turned out the way it turned out. Your dignity is intact as far as I'm concerned and that doesn't upset me in the least.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320758933' post='2841605']
Where are GOONS reps from this war?
[/quote]

Details being hashed out now. Currently it seems around 3b in cash and 30k tech from legion.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1320764780' post='2841640']
Details being hashed out now. Currently it seems around 3b in cash and 30k tech from legion.
[/quote]

I think we're also getting RV back from NSO.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1320728677' post='2841499']
We've been needlessly #(@! upon these past few days, all with conspiracy theories fueling the flames. I know this is the OWF and all, but the least we can do is set the record straight. Even if that means you guys don't quite get to have the fun poking at us as you normally would.[/quote]

The record shows that you declared war in defense of an ally, Tetris, after months of jaw jacking and saber rattling against Legion. In the prosecution of that war, the small coalition that came together on your side eventually fell apart due to losses on the field. You attempted to get reinforcements, they never came. Meanwhile, you allowed yourselves to get hung up on uttering the word 'surrender' and the war dragged on until some heavy hitters thought they saw an opportunity for some fun. War ended rather sensibly with Legion holding far more poker chips than you.

Now, Legion won the war, but in some very big ways got lucky and the honest members of Legion will freely admit that. Your alliance did things both before and during the war that did not help your cause. Perhaps you personally weren't involved or are simply unaware of them. That doesn't matter. What does matter is no one particularly cares to listen to propaganda about how you didn't really lose the war and you really didn't spy and you really weren't busting Legion's gonads before the war and that you are simply misunderstood youths who love puppy dogs and kittens and secretly want a pony. <_<

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320773350' post='2841701']
What does matter is no one particularly cares to listen to propaganda about how you didn't really lose the war and you really didn't spy and you really weren't busting Legion's gonads before the war and that you are simply misunderstood youths who love puppy dogs and kittens and secretly want a pony. <_<
[/quote]

I think what [i]really[/i] matters here is that no one* cares about this war anymore. It was terribly uninteresting and painfully anticlimactic.

[size="1"]*At the very least I speak only for myself here.[/size]

[OOC: Who's the girl in your sig?]

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1320754744' post='2841593']
No, you're very good at pointing at GOONS in an irrelevant manner as well....don't forget to blame this on us.
[/quote]
I think you mean :(( GOONS :((.

Hal, Heft actually made a reasonable post and in that he accepted that NSO didn't win. Okay, he didn't actually say they lost (I think some NSO folks have said that though), but I don't understand your objective in mocking that post.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320777381' post='2841750']
I think you mean :(( GOONS :((.

Hal, Heft actually made a reasonable post and in that he accepted that NSO didn't win. Okay, he didn't actually say they lost (I think some NSO folks have said that though), but I don't understand your objective in mocking that post.
[/quote]

Too much emphasis on trying to win a war that's already over. Overly verbose. Drank too much Sith Kool-aid. Take your pick really.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1320774075' post='2841711']
I think what [i]really[/i] matters here is that no one* cares about this war anymore. It was terribly uninteresting and painfully anticlimactic.

[size="1"]*At the very least I speak only for myself here.[/size]

[OOC: Who's the girl in your sig?]
[/quote]

It says in her sig. I googled the name, Justin Bieber's ex gf.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320800007' post='2841923']
Too much emphasis on trying to win a war that's already over. Overly verbose. Drank too much Sith Kool-aid. Take your pick really.
[/quote]

So it's like every post you have ever submitted? Mad about someone coming too close to your place in the world? Don't want to lose the "useless fluff and inane ramblings that contain no trace amount of sense" title?

Tough life for you.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' timestamp='1320802221' post='2841935']
It says in her sig. I googled the name, Justin Bieber's ex gf.
[/quote]

[OCC]
Funny you say that now......I'm pretty sure I was at a party with her last year...I don't remember most of that night but I did wake up beside some cute girl xD
[/OCC]

Let this thread die or we turn it into a discussing justin biebers ex thread :D

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320800007' post='2841923']
[/quote]

At first i was all like "huh"????

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1320825000' post='2842101']
So it's like every post you have ever submitted? Mad about someone coming too close to your place in the world? Don't want to lose the "useless fluff and inane ramblings that contain no trace amount of sense" title?

Tough life for you.
[/quote]

And then I was all like "pretty much this".

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1320852600' post='2842184']
At first i was all like "huh"????

And then I was all like "pretty much this".[/quote]

So in other words you didn't understand my remarks, then decided to agree with comments that were off topic, out of bounds and appear designed to evoke an irrational response.

I think I read enough.

Legion, good luck in the future. Use your new found respect wisely.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320904084' post='2842593']
So in other words you understood my remarks, then decided to agree with comments that identified how asinine they are, perpetuate a pattern of pedestrianism, and appear designed to end the cycle.

I think I read enough.

[/quote]

There! I fixed it.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320904084' post='2842593']
So in other words you didn't understand my remarks, then decided to agree with comments that were off topic, out of bounds and appear designed to evoke an irrational response.

I think I read enough.

[u][i][b]Legion, good luck in the future. Use your new found respect wisely.[/b][/i][/u]
[/quote]

i imagine that means you have newly found respect for them, but i think you'd find nobody else really cares.

that matter, anyway.

You won a war in which you had an over 2 million NS advantage, mainly fighting an alliance known for getting ground down to a pulp, when you yourself haven't fought a trying war in years. I offer you the tip of my cap and can remain smugly content knowing that if Drai and I had been able to join and coordinate at the same time along with perhaps 2 or 3 more nations of comparable size, your upper tier would be largely nonexistent. Fun times were had

EDIT: Scratch that, its largely nonexistent now, you probably wouldn't have had anyone above 50k NS. Good luck rebuilding

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1320942119' post='2842732']
You won a war in which you had an over 2 million NS advantage, mainly fighting an alliance known for getting ground down to a pulp, when you yourself haven't fought a trying war in years. I offer you the tip of my cap and can remain smugly content knowing that if Drai and I had been able to join and coordinate at the same time along with perhaps 2 or 3 more nations of comparable size, your upper tier would be largely nonexistent. Fun times were had
[/quote]

I'm sure your abilities are that good.

Separate you are weak, but together you are.... CAPTAIN PLANET!

P.S. I like how everyone is quick to discount IAA and BTA as useless NS, but nobody discounts the huge amount of useless NS in Legion. Legion is practically an entire Alliance of useless NS.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1320942290' post='2842733']
I'm sure your abilities are that good.

Separate you are weak, but together you are.... CAPTAIN PLANET!

P.S. I like how everyone is quick to discount IAA and BTA as useless NS, but nobody discounts the huge amount of useless NS in Legion. Legion is practically an entire Alliance of useless NS.
[/quote]

Just 3 10k tech nations coordinating can effectively destroy anyone they fight for several rounds, as the Poison Clan members in your alliance can testify after they ran a train on RoK. One 10k tech nation fighting 3 v 1 for several weeks straight is much less effective, though I still did a fair amount of damage. Legion lucked out, while I'll give them some credit for staggering and decent coordination on myself, their overall performance in those areas was merely average, and this whole "Wow Legion is great now and I respect them" thing is !@#$%^&*. If they didn't win this then they truly would have been the worst alliance ever, which they are not.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1320943469' post='2842741']If they didn't win this then they truly would have been the worst alliance ever, which they are not.
[/quote]

There were several people who thought they were, prior to this conflict.