Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320904084' post='2842593']
Legion, good luck in the future. Use your new found respect wisely.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I am not going to deny that Legion has had a statistical victory* here, but I am afraid that beating the NSO when you have a large advantage, while at the same time taking a large amount of damage yourself, is nowhere near as impressive a feat as you make it out to be. While Legion has every right to be proud of what they did it does not wipe clean years of incompetence and mismanagement. And I do not believe I've seen any member of Legion say as much as that. It is mostly mouthbreathers such as yourself making such absurd claims. Truly it is sad thing when you must live your fantasies of rolling NSO through Legion. Are you really too much of a coward to come at us yourself?

*Even if that term is a gross oversimplification of the events of the war.[/color]

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320944915' post='2842746']
[color="#0000FF"]I am not going to deny that Legion has had a statistical victory* here, but I am afraid that beating the NSO when you have a large advantage, while at the same time taking a large amount of damage yourself, is nowhere near as impressive a feat as you make it out to be. While Legion has every right to be proud of what they did it does not wipe clean years of incompetence and mismanagement. And I do not believe I've seen any member of Legion say as much as that. It is mostly mouthbreathers such as yourself making such absurd claims. Truly it is sad thing when you must live your fantasies of rolling NSO through Legion. Are you really too much of a coward to come at us yourself?

*Even if that term is a gross oversimplification of the events of the war.[/color]
[/quote]
First off, Congrats on "White Peace." Glad to see this resolved.

Now secondly, Rebel is right. Legion was expected to win this war due to its numbers. I think we are all forgetting though, the differential in NS damages inflicted on one another, but i for one am glad that this issue is resolved.

O/Legion
O/NSO
O/IAA
O/BTA
O/Tetris
O/NsO

You all served well and its time to rebuild.

(i think that's all?)

-LDOL

I am not going to deny that Legion has had a statistical victory* here, but I am afraid that beating the NSO when you have a large advantage, while at the same time taking a large amount of damage yourself, is nowhere near as impressive a feat as you make it out to be. While Legion has every right to be proud of what they did it does not wipe clean years of incompetence and mismanagement. And I do not believe I've seen any member of Legion say as much as that. It is mostly mouthbreathers such as yourself making such absurd claims. Truly it is sad thing when you must live your fantasies of rolling NSO through Legion. Are you really too much of a coward to come at us yourself?

*Even if that term is a gross oversimplification of the events of the war.[/quote]

Oh look, RV wants me to single-handedly take on NSO! :lol1:

If I did you wouldn't like it much. I have enough warchest to linger up and down your roster until you are crying for your moms. That said, I've only spoken out publicly about...two dozen times or more against such roguery (Krack being the exception, I welcome any attempt he'd like to make to attack Valhalla, it would be comic gold). If you actually read what I write, you'd be aware of that fact.

No, Legion won, period. Yes, Legion made progress in improving their image. Are they an elite alliance? Hardly. Are they someone handy to have around in a gunfight? They're getting there. I know that bugs the hell out of you, but next time you take on Legion, bring more friends. You clearly aren't up to the task of doing it with minimal (and I say that not to belittle the effort of the various alliances that were the NSO side, they are in fact smallish alliances) assistance.

Oh and...I do a lot less mouth breathing since I started taking the Loratadine, but thank you for your concern for my health. <_<

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1320943469' post='2842741']
Just 3 10k tech nations coordinating can effectively destroy anyone they fight for several rounds, as the Poison Clan members in your alliance can testify after they ran a train on RoK. One 10k tech nation fighting 3 v 1 for several weeks straight is much less effective, though I still did a fair amount of damage. Legion lucked out, while I'll give them some credit for staggering and decent coordination on myself, their overall performance in those areas was merely average, and this whole "Wow Legion is great now and I respect them" thing is !@#$%^&*. If they didn't win this then they truly would have been the worst alliance ever, which they are not.
[/quote]
Its an improvement over what they were. I still think they are terrible but at least the made a move in a positive direction instead of rolling over for everyone. (As im retired now if you need a tag team partner dont hesitate to hit me up my friend.)

[/quote]
RV while this may come as a shock to you, NSO isnt even a tiny blip on our radar. We really dont care what you do or have done to you.

Congrats legion on the victory. Hopefully youll continue down this path.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320948665' post='2842763']
Oh look, RV wants me to single-handedly take on NSO! :lol1:
[/quote]

You'll have to forgive RV for not realizing NSO probably no longer has anyone in your range. This whole losing to Legion thing has left him mentally quite fatigued.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1320948771' post='2842765']
RV while this may come as a shock to you, NSO isnt even a tiny blip on our radar. We really dont care what you do or have done to you. [/quote]

Bud, it's worse than that...RV called me out and NSO doesn't even have anyone in range for me to rogue. :(

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320949234' post='2842771']
Bud, it's worse than that...RV called me out and NSO doesn't even have anyone in range for me to rogue. :(
[/quote]

Oh so just more hot air being blown around how unusual on these forums. Sorry for the disapointment Hal.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320948665' post='2842763']Oh and...I do a lot less mouth breathing since I started taking the Loratadine, but thank you for your concern for my health. <_<
[/quote]

If the loratadine isn't cutting it, I recommend cetirizine. Much better than loratadine because loratadine is given in 10mg doses so that it doesn't make you drowsy. But it also had next to negligible effects during lab tests because you really need more than 10mg to have a substantial effect. And at that point it's cheaper to just switch over.

I am not going to deny that Legion has had a statistical victory* here, but I am afraid that beating the NSO when you have a large advantage, while at the same time taking a large amount of damage yourself, is nowhere near as impressive a feat as you make it out to be. While Legion has every right to be proud of what they did it does not wipe clean years of incompetence and mismanagement. And I do not believe I've seen any member of Legion say as much as that. It is mostly mouthbreathers such as yourself making such absurd claims. Truly it is sad thing when you must live your fantasies of rolling NSO through Legion. Are you really too much of a coward to come at us yourself?
[/quote]

Well let's just analyse that for a moment shall we? Years of incompetence and mismanagement cannot be undone by a single victory you say? A single defeat though would surely amplify a poor history, wouldn't you agree? NSO have failed to find victory in the past five wars they've fought. That's a success rate of 50%. Legion on the other hand have won 7/12 of their wars. That's a success rate of 58.3%. NSO are more militarily incompetent than Legion and that is a cold hard fact.

Oh you can argue about the fine details and the individual circumstances of each war until your gums bleed, but the fact is you shouldn't get yourself into a losing position to begin with, that is what your FA is there to avoid. Legion beats you in that respect also.

[quote name='Serkr' timestamp='1321013150' post='2843161']
Well let's just analyse that for a moment shall we? Years of incompetence and mismanagement cannot be undone by a single victory you say? A single defeat though would surely amplify a poor history, wouldn't you agree? NSO have failed to find victory in the past five wars they've fought. That's a success rate of 50%. Legion on the other hand have won 7/12 of their wars. That's a success rate of 58.3%. NSO are more militarily incompetent than Legion and that is a cold hard fact.

Oh you can argue about the fine details and the individual circumstances of each war until your gums bleed, but the fact is you shouldn't get yourself into a losing position to begin with, that is what your FA is there to avoid. Legion beats you in that respect also.
[/quote]

Honestly, you didn't just tell NSO anything they didn't already know about themselves. They don't pretend to be competent in [i]any[/i] way, they realize they don't have a polished PR record, and attempting to turn their words against themselves has proven to be a pointless venture. They enter lost cause wars on purpose, see. You need to better learn the NSO mentality, broseph.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1321013822' post='2843163']
Honestly, you didn't just tell NSO anything they didn't already know about themselves. They don't pretend to be competent in [i]any[/i] way, they realize they don't have a polished PR record, and attempting to turn their words against themselves has proven to be a pointless venture. They enter lost cause wars on purpose, see. You need to better learn the NSO mentality, broseph.
[/quote]

lol so by that logic NSO entered this war expecting to lose against Legion of all alliances! ^_^

[quote name='Serkr' timestamp='1321013150' post='2843161']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]MHA has not ever lost a war. They have wisely positioned themselves over the years so that they will always have the option to join the side that is certain to win. Because of this they are extremely large. And they have never lost a war! They have a success rate of 100%. There is no spinning this cold hard fact. Every alliance should aspire to be more like MHA.[/color]

[/quote]

We're never going to agree on many things. I'll meet you half way though - remember this is only my personal opinion - Legion has events in it's history that no one is going to claim are proud moments whether they were in the alliance at the time or not.

We both agree that the Doom House war was lost before it started for our side. You are unhappy with The Legion performance in that war and I will give you this - If the whole of Legion's top tier had come out right at the start more damage would have been inflicted on our enemies. Whether that would have been worthwhile is a matter for debate. Our lower tiers, which I'm one fought from the beginning.

I hope rebuilding goes well for you.

Edited by Sabcat

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1320943469' post='2842741']
[b]Just 3 10k tech nations coordinating can effectively destroy anyone they fight for several rounds[/b], as the Poison Clan members in your alliance can testify after they ran a train on RoK. One 10k tech nation fighting 3 v 1 for several weeks straight is much less effective, though I still did a fair amount of damage. Legion lucked out, while I'll give them some credit for staggering and decent coordination on myself, their overall performance in those areas was merely average, and this whole "Wow Legion is great now and I respect them" thing is !@#$%^&*. If they didn't win this then they truly would have been the worst alliance ever, which they are not.
[/quote]

Why didn't you coordinate then? There were plenty of 10k+ nations around at the beginning of the war, I count at least 4:
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=49861]1[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=184896]2[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=18636]3[/url]
and yourself (and Drai I guess).

Serious question.. I just don't understand why you guys would choose not to. I understand Drai entered the war late, but the other 3 of you were declaring on nations and in 2 cases I remember declared on by the same guy but did not coordinate.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1320904084' post='2842593']
So in other words you didn't understand my remarks, then decided to agree with comments that were off topic, out of bounds and appear designed to evoke an irrational response.

I think I read enough.[/quote]

Hi. Showed up in this thread just to throw up at this statement.

Someone called me inane and hypocritical! That's totally out of line! How dare everyone disagree with me? That's off-topic!

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1321071269' post='2843524']
Hi. Showed up in this thread just to throw up at this statement.

Someone called me inane and hypocritical! That's totally out of line! How dare everyone disagree with me? That's off-topic!
[/quote]

You seem annoyed about something?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1321087299' post='2843654']
You seem annoyed about something?
[/quote]

Apt deduction. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=672&showentry=3221"]Apparently [b]I mad[/b][/url].

Anyway, I seem to be participating in an increasingly large derail so I'm going to shut up and let everyone get back on topic.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1321032571' post='2843239']
Why didn't you coordinate then? There were plenty of 10k+ nations around at the beginning of the war, I count at least 4:
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=49861]1[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=184896]2[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=18636]3[/url]
and yourself (and Drai I guess).

Serious question.. I just don't understand why you guys would choose not to. I understand Drai entered the war late, but the other 3 of you were declaring on nations and in 2 cases I remember declared on by the same guy but did not coordinate.
[/quote]
When I did enter the war and had my one target, all 4 of us coordinated (myself, Pyro, Straylight, and Grundig from IAA). I don't know what happened before that point but IRC coordination took place in that range at the time I joined.

Edited by Drai