Official announcement from the Legion

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1320689612' post='2841181']
Yes, we are congratulating Legion on their victory because they earned it. We didn't "harass" them until the war reached a length which we felt unacceptable.
[/quote]

At least you admit you were simultaneously both (a) harassing them and (b) congratulating them for having to put up with people harassing them. You guys look sharp; keep it up.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320695377' post='2841210']
At least you admit you were simultaneously both (a) harassing them and (b) congratulating them for having to put up with people harassing them. You guys look sharp; keep it up.
[/quote]

You're getting a little carried away. First of all, harassment requires more than one act lending to the establishment of a pattern, try and apply that to what you've been going on about for the past two pages. Second, I was paying Legion a compliment and offering a sincere congratulations, stop trying to draw partisan talking points out of it.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Congratulations on your victory, Legion. As Rush says, it is not a spectacular or extraordinary victory, but it does show that this Legion is militarily competent on a level of normal mid-sized alliances, and that in itself is something which is quite important. Truth be told you've been carrying a 'paper tiger' reputation since GW3, not helped by the disbanding-oh-wait-maybe-not episode, and this is the first time since then that you've fought without being part of a major coalition and against a reasonably fair enemy. The sides were quite even and you have won, and that is important for your image, both internally and externally.

I don't think anyone doubts that without MK/VE intervening you'd have got the 'D word' into this peace accord, but you have clearly won so it doesn't really matter. I'm glad to see some prominent NSO posters (hi, Heft) stating clearly that NSO didn't win; that ought to cut down on revisionism in the future.

I'm also happy to be proved wrong about NSO's willingness to take brinksmanship to ridiculous extremes by rejecting termless peace. I still think that MK and VE's intervention was poorly judged and unhelpful, but it's good to see that a reasonably fair peace agreement has been arrived at and that the war won't escalate.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320695913' post='2841214']
You're getting a little carried away. First of all, harassment requires more than one act lending to the establishment of a pattern, try and apply that to what you've been going on about for the past two pages. Second, I was paying Legion a compliment and offering a sincere congratulations, stop trying to draw partisan talking points out of it.
[/quote]

I've got nothing against your alliance and I've never spoken to you. To the best of my knowledge, I have not spoken with a single member of VE leadership in over two years. And I certainly couldn't give a crap about Legion; it's got nothing to do with "partisan talking points". "Harassment" encompasses acts of intimidation. IMO, what you did is the worst of the harassment. At least Tetris harassed Legion because they don't like them. VE, on the otherhand, harassed Legion to ensure your ally's right to ensure their ally's right (the whiny babies of Planet Bob - Grover Dill in [i]alliance[/i]-form - but I digress ...) to harass Legion because they don't like them. You did it. You own it. It's not the greatest failing in the history of the world, but it was still a screw-up, imo. And if you don't feel it was a screw-up? that's fine too.

But let's not pretend I have some vendetta about you or your alliance or am trying to gain some political ground by criticizing VE. Although, since we're on the topic of partisanship on Planet Bob, I wasn't aware you felt you were on some partisan side. Perhaps you could start up a new thread and enlighten all of us as to whom you feel constitutes the two (or more?) partisan sides. Who's on your side?

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320678237' post='2841081']
Unlike previous wars, this was actually a fair fight. Usually the odds are stacked against the Legion. Also, this time this war was declared by The Legion, and finished by The Legion. Though there were external forces at work against us, the decisions were solely ours to make in this conflict.
[/quote]
Don't even try to defend your performance in that war. Don't try to shift blame. Own your failure in that war (in which you could have made a significant difference, had you actually fought in it) and move on.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320699502' post='2841244']
I've got nothing against your alliance and I've never spoken to you. To the best of my knowledge, I have not spoken with a single member of VE leadership in over two years. And I certainly couldn't give a crap about Legion; it's got nothing to do with "partisan talking points". "Harassment" encompasses acts of intimidation. IMO, what you did is the worst of the harassment. At least Tetris harassed Legion because they don't like them. VE, on the otherhand, harassed Legion to ensure your ally's right to ensure their ally's right (the whiny babies of Planet Bob - Grover Dill in [i]alliance[/i]-form - but I digress ...) to harass Legion because they don't like them. You did it. You own it. It's not the greatest failing in the history of the world, but it was still a screw-up, imo. And if you don't feel it was a screw-up? that's fine too.

But let's not pretend I have some vendetta about you or your alliance or am trying to gain some political ground by criticizing VE. Although, since we're on the topic of partisanship on Planet Bob, I wasn't aware you felt you were on some partisan side. Perhaps you could start up a new thread and enlighten all of us as to whom you feel constitutes the two (or more?) partisan sides. Who's on your side?
[/quote]

You're missing my point. Harassment certainly does encompass acts of intimidation and more specifically those done with an intent to threaten, alarm, or annoy, but (generally, particularly in practice) the most important element of harassment is repetition of an act or a pattern of acts. You are citing an act of intimidation, and to be sure it was just that, however it was, in fact, singular and therefore not harassment (which was the subject of my original comment). I used the word partisan because it seemed like you were deliberately harping on a single when you knew you were applying it incorrectly simply because you don't like us. However, it appears you genuinely didn't understand the way I was using the term, so I'm glad I could help clear that up.

In any event, the fact that I was willing to commit a singular act of aggression for the benefit of an ally and to bring about an end to a ridiculous situation doesn't mean that I can't genuinely feel happy for legion in finally standing up for themselves and securing a victory over a group who has (literally) harassed them for months. Which I am. Which was the subject of the post you started bugging out about.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320703228' post='2841272']
In any event, the fact that I was willing to commit a singular act of aggression for the benefit of an ally and to bring about an end to a ridiculous situation doesn't mean that I can't genuinely feel happy for legion in finally standing up for themselves and securing a victory over a group who has (literally) harassed them for months. Which I am. Which was the subject of the post you started bugging out about.
[/quote]

"I'm so happy for you Legion. I really, really am happy for you. In fact, I like you so much that I just threatened to destroy your alliance if you didn't do as I asked. I love that you stood up for yourself ... as long as you don't stand up for yourself [i]too[/i] much ... because, had you done that, I would have been forced to order your alliance destroyed. Again, congratulations on standing up for yourselves (until we told you to stop standing up for yourselves or we'd beat on you for it)."

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1320705493' post='2841288']
"I'm so happy for you Legion. I really, really am happy for you. In fact, I like you so much that I just threatened to destroy your alliance if you didn't do as I asked. I love that you stood up for yourself ... as long as you don't stand up for yourself [i]too[/i] much ... because, had you done that, I would have been forced to order your alliance destroyed. Again, congratulations on standing up for yourselves (until we told you to stop standing up for yourselves or we'd beat on you for it)."
[/quote]

Not really, but hey, no one ever said I was a very nice guy.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320707009' post='2841302']
Not really, but hey, no one ever said I was a very nice guy.
[/quote]
I like how you start out with a half-hearted denial and then shift to tacit confirmation, all in one sentence.

[quote name='Vasuda' timestamp='1320707904' post='2841312']
I like how you start out with a half-hearted denial and then shift to tacit confirmation, all in one sentence.
[/quote]

Sa Vasuda! Awesome name!

And aye maybe he simply doesn't care that much? I mean beyond puffing up our chests we didn't go out and smash anyone now did we? Not necessarily voicing 100% approval here, just say'n. Probably could've done things differently, point is Tetris is safe and that's all we care about.

EDIT: That and seeing NSO's pride take another hit, never gets old.

Edited by Serkr

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1320709434' post='2841323']
Dear lord, if all it takes these days to win respect after years of incompetence is to fend off some like fecal matter micros then I pray for society.
[/quote]

Yeah. Fair point.

So, how does MHA plan to win respect?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320708653' post='2841315']
Legion, you won, you have a significant portion of the Cyberverse ON YOUR SIDE for once. Don't blow it by posting like idiots.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Aside from a certain Smurf, the only truly terrible posts from Legion are coming from several Sparta, MHA, and VE mouthbreathers.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320710561' post='2841335']
[color="#0000FF"]Aside from a certain Smurf, the only truly terrible posts from Legion are coming from several Sparta, MHA, and VE mouthbreathers.[/color]
[/quote]
I'm hurt, RV.

Seriously.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320696603' post='2841222']I don't think anyone doubts that without MK/VE intervening you'd have got the 'D word' into this peace accord, but you have clearly won so it doesn't really matter. I'm glad to see some prominent NSO posters (hi, Heft) stating clearly that NSO didn't win; that ought to cut down on revisionism in the future.

I'm also happy to be proved wrong about NSO's willingness to take brinksmanship to ridiculous extremes by rejecting termless peace. I still think that MK and VE's intervention was poorly judged and unhelpful, but it's good to see that a reasonably fair peace agreement has been arrived at and that the war won't escalate.
[/quote]
We got what we wanted and had pushed for for weeks with this peace agreement, and I am confident that we would have gotten it regardless of the MK and VE's little stunt (I suppose VE had to do something to "support" Tetris after such a long time of doing nothing, though). It was never our intention to go to war with Legion, and it was never our desire to escalate this war either. We threatened to do so, and we were fully willing to do so if necessary, but it was never our first choice, so once we were finally given the equitable offer we had sought there was no reason to continue.

So, no, this war hasn't been a victory for us, although it would be ignorant to cast the blame on us for the outcome. It's easy to blame us since we're so visible by virtue of actually fighting, but we didn't lose the war. We managed to deal a very significant amount of damage to our opponent and to stay largely competitive with a larger opponent for the better part of a month despite the best efforts of so many people to "help" us, and that's good enough for now.

You bring a tear to my eye, Legion. Well done!

Also Bob, to beat an old horse with an old whip: the disband/not disband was decided by two different groups, not one indecisive group.

More Also to the Legion: Listen to Pezstar. Don't screw up the PR victory by getting into pointless arguments with die hard Legion Haters (who can't be persuaded out of their opinions because they weren't persuaded into them).

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320711240' post='2841345']
[s]We got what we wanted and had pushed for weeks with this peace agreement, and I am confident that we would have gotten it regardless of the MK and VE's little stunt (I suppose VE had to do something to "support" Tetris after such a long time of doing nothing, though). It was never our intention to go to war with Legion, and it was never our desire to escalate this war either. We threatened to do so, and we were fully willing to do so if necessary, but it was never our first choice, so once we were finally given the equitable offer we had sought there was no reason to continue.
[/s]
So, no, this war hasn't been a victory for us[s], although it would be ignorant to cast the blame on us for the outcome. It's easy to blame us since we're so visible by virtue of actually fighting, but we didn't lose the war. We managed to deal a very significant amount of damage to our opponent and to stay largely competitive with a larger opponent for the better part of a month despite the best efforts of so many people to "help" us, and that's good enough for now[/s].[/quote]

I'm sorry, I had to get rid of the gibberish. <_<