Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1320613868' post='2840534']
Sour? You know me better than that my friend. I am sour about nothing. I said from day 1, Legion should win. Legion won. They did what they should have done. Its just simply not remarkable, and the "ZOMG 5 alliances vs 1" nonsense, is exactly that, nonsense.[/quote]

Indeed, but to [b]them[/b] it is a great victory and a middle finger to all their detractors and something for their membership to be delighted with, because on paper it was the most [i]even[/i] war most remember.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has won here? The nations of NSO, Tetris and Legion who now have to spend months rebuilding because of the actions of their leaders?

No one has "won" here except for the oligarchs of The Legion who have been able to manipulate the people of Legion into doing their bidding for a little while longer. I do pray that the nations of NSO and Tetris will rise up against the oligarchs of their respective alliances and bring about a new age of peace, prosperity, and voluntary action.

Rise up nations. Abolish the oligarchy. You have nothing to lose but your chains!

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320614189' post='2840546']
Oh, the exceptional part comes in in that it was Legion, and very few people expected them to win, regardless of their statistical advantage. That they did, after their long, sad history of embarrassingly bad performances is kind of exceptional.
[/quote]

The funny thing about your assertion, almost EVERYONE I talked to when this all began, and believe me, the people I talk to are amongst the loudest lolLegion-ites on all Planet Bob, they ALL, and I mean without a single detractor, agreed that Legion SHOULD win. The mechanics of war being what they are, you cannot overcome superior numbers on that level. Most people EXPECTED them to win, the problem is, people who act like this is the equivalent of Tunisia beating Brazil in soccer, only read the OWF posts of about 30 or so people who have no clue WTF they are talking about, and apply it to everyone on Planet Bob. Its a good thing I am here to debunk such nonsense.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320614191' post='2840547']
The only posts I've seen out of anybody involved (NSO, Tetris, Legion) are ones of "hey man, good war, rebuilding time". It's kind of funny, you lot accused NSO of teaming up with MK and VE (one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, by the way) to get Legion curbstomped. But then they accepted white peace and moved on, making everyone eat their words. And now you're accusing them of attempting to claim victory because they wrote "white peace" on their wiki, which is just hilarious.
[/quote]

Actually LittleRena put "White Peace" there. Then someone from NSO changed it to "Strategic Victory". It proceeded to go to "Crushing Defeat" and finally to "Coalition Defeat, Strategic Defeat, Statistical Defeat". And now it's returning to White Peace given the compliance of the words agreed upon by the two sides with the definition of White Peace on the wiki.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320614243' post='2840550']
The Wiki pretty clearly says "Coalition Defeat, Strategic Defeat, Statistical Defeat.". Are you going to say the wiki is wrong now?
[/quote]

See above.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1320614532' post='2840560']
Indeed, but to [b]them[/b] it is a great victory and a middle finger to all their detractors and something for their membership to be delighted with, because on paper it was the most [i]even[/i] war most remember.
[/quote]

If its a GREAT victory to THEM, that says a really really big lot, about the state on internal expectations of their members. And it doesnt say anything positive at all. Id prefer to think that they would think it was just a day at the office, and we did what we should do. THAT would be the far more indicative mindset within legion, that would lead people to believe there is a glimmer of hope there.

Legion has earned more respect in this war. Whatever else any of us may say about them, they displayed a greater willingness and ability to seize opportunities than many, many other alliances over the last month, and, for that matter, a greater fortitude in the face of uncertainty. So props to them for that.

The NSO didn't win and you won't see anyone from NSO seriously claiming we did, but I am still proud of our performance over the last month, given everything that we had to put up with.

And finally, this had nothing to do with MK/VE's little stunt the other night - both side were already well on the path to this resolution by then. Just to be clear.

[quote name='Lord Cyvole' timestamp='1320614581' post='2840563']
Actually LittleRena put "White Peace" there. Then someone from NSO changed it to "Strategic Victory". It proceeded to go to "Crushing Defeat" and finally to "Coalition Defeat, Strategic Defeat, Statistical Defeat". And now it's returning to White Peace given the compliance of the words agreed upon by the two sides with the definition of White Peace on the wiki.
[/quote]

False. There aren't that many people left on Bob who haven't been banned from the wiki. :v:

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1320614243' post='2840550']
The Wiki pretty clearly says "Coalition Defeat, Strategic Defeat, Statistical Defeat.". Are you going to say the wiki is wrong now?
[/quote]

Yes.

Lord Cyvole changed it back to White Peace.

It really doesn't matter what you think or what I think, these are opinions, what matters is what was agreed on and that was simple peace, or as recorded on the wiki, White Peace.

That is all I am saying, I've not put my opinion in anywhere in this topic and have no intention to do so.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1320613234' post='2840517']
People can call it whatever they want, but it's obvious to everyone that the NSO lost this war in every way. In less than a few weeks they'll start claiming it was a victory via some backwards logic, but to everyone sane and rational this was a well earned victory for Legion, and a defeat for Tetris, NSO, and their allies. I mean, in order to view this as anything other than a defeat for the NSO you have to be stupid or utterly ignorant to how this war played out.

Legion, I know you fought well and worked hard. Many doubted you, but you proved them wrong. Well done, my friends.
[/quote]

Of course Legion won, everybody knows that and they earned some respect for finally standing up for themselves. However, You actually helped make my point for me, in not forcing NSO to surrender and/or admit defeat they allow people to make idiotic claims. This kind of thing goes all the way back to the beginning of planet Bob.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1320614191' post='2840547']
The only posts I've seen out of anybody involved (NSO, Tetris, Legion) are ones of "hey man, good war, rebuilding time". It's kind of funny, you lot accused NSO of teaming up with MK and VE (one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, by the way) to get Legion curbstomped. But then they accepted white peace and moved on, making everyone eat their words. And now you're accusing them of attempting to claim victory because they wrote "white peace" on their wiki, which is just hilarious.
[/quote]

You can laugh all you want, I assure you it's nothing compared to the amount I've done over this whole affair, and I'm sure will laugh in the future as a result of its lingering after affects. I'm commenting on the other people in this thread and certainly was not limited to the audience you listed there, more than one has claimed this as an actual victory for NSO and many have argued that this war should not have been considered winnable for NSO from the start, despite all the bravado. What's hilarious is that Legion was threatened with war for very generous peace terms provided to both involved.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1320614252' post='2840551']
[quote]The Alliance of the New Sith Order does hereby accept the offer of Peace from the Legion and withdraws from the field of battle.[/quote]
:lol1:

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Congrats Legion! I remember when the war started and everyone was saying "Goodbye Legion." I suspected Tetris had bit off more than it could chew with messing with you and looks like I was right. Great job! :D
[/quote]

Yeah you're reading too much into that.

Congrats Legion. You had a huge advantage and you managed not to completely screw it up. That is in an improvement. And you in the process managed to lure out MK and VE and have them make comeplete asses of themselves with nothing to show for it. And congrats to NSO for taking on a much bigger foe and still hanging on like a rabid dog until you got what you wanted.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1320615424' post='2840581']
Congrats Legion. You had a huge advantage and you managed not to completely screw it up. That is in an improvement. And you in the process managed to lure out MK and VE and have them make comeplete asses of themselves with nothing to show for it. And congrats to NSO for taking on a much bigger foe and still hanging on like a rabid dog until you got what you wanted.
[/quote]
hahahaha well bb, have to agree with you on that one, touche!!! :awesome:

Edited by Amossio

Nice victory, Legion. Keep it up and I might as well join you. :wub:

Nice white peace, NSO, you fought well against an overwhelming opponent. If it wasn't for VE and MK, you would most certainly admit defeat. Nevertheless, props to MK and VE for ending this conflict quickly.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1320614387' post='2840555']
So much for NSO not accepting peace so that MK/VE would take out Legion for them.

Congrats on peace y'all. Props to Legion for finally standing up to themselves, and NSO for going all in against bigger numbers.
[/quote]

please dont give props to NSO for "going all in against bigger numbers" they wanted this war long before the Tetris incident happened