RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of things that could be said, but... I think I'll just add my voice to those of my colleagues and say it would have been nice to avoid the spin.

Good luck, Rok.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1299781748' post='2658759']
To be fair, GOD is running around telling people who they can and can't sign with. I remember MK applauding GOONS when they distanced themselves from GOD.
[/quote]

It's what GOD does. As I pointed out in the past, Rok was pressured constantly to drop TPF as an ally prior Karma.

I saw this coming. I thought perhaps another member or two might leave and the bloc dissolve. That may still happen. One thing is for sure though, good move, Kait. I wish Rok all the best for the future.

This is both surprising to see this come about, yet not surprising at all, given previous disagreements in the past and strange occurances of this war. Best of luck to all of those involved, except of course for the obligatory :(( Xiphosis :(( .

No surprise here, I knew this was going to happen after the PB - NpO war. It was quite clear through the discontent of RoK members and the way that SF were moving already with certain alliances. I must say that this is an excellent move by Rok as SF is no longer the Super Friends.

I applaud RoK for severing ties with one of the main contributors to the treaty web tangle.

Best of luck in the future RoK, I know you will not disappoint.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

i have to say...everytime i think of SF, Rok is the firs that comes to mind...i never would've guessed this would have happened...

however, after your bloc mates flat out refused to help your decision to go to war i'm not surprised....especially if at least one of them was pressuring you to drop a treaty...

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1299782334' post='2658771']
So you wanted GOONS to drop you because you signed with TOP so they could appease GOD?
[/quote]
What? We, the Kingdom, didn't want anything. GOD wanted GOONS to stop MK from signing with TOP. When that did not happen, GOD canceled on GOONS.

But this is not particularly relevant to this thread. If you'd like I'd be happy to continue the conversation via PM or IRC.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1299782312' post='2658770']
If you view it as us dictating what treaties you can sign when we're upset when you time and again place outside treaties over the best interest of the bloc, I fear the problem lies with RoK, not SF.
[/quote]

Defending Polar once is time and time again. Math checks out.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1299783999' post='2658803']
What? We, the Kingdom, didn't want anything. GOD wanted GOONS to stop MK from signing with TOP. When that did not happen, GOD canceled on GOONS.

But this is not particularly relevant to this thread. If you'd like I'd be happy to continue the conversation via PM or IRC.
[/quote]

I was just trying to make you wiggle. :P

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1299783796' post='2658800']
however, after your bloc mates flat out refused to help your decision to go to war i'm not surprised....especially if at least one of them was pressuring you to drop a treaty...
[/quote]

Oh? Seems like we have spy who thinks he knows what went down.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1299784083' post='2658805']
Defending Polar once is time and time again. Math checks out.
[/quote]
There have been other instances. If you want more details, please find me on IRC.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1299782928' post='2658780']
Enjoy yourself in the Polar sphere, you've obviously wanted to be there for quite some time.
[/quote]
After watching recent events unfold, I really don't see how you could come to the conclusion that Ragnarok did what they did because of spheres. The way I see it, they're on this path precisely because, for better or worse, they don't view the world in the same narrow-minded, spherical manner that you do. Step outside of your polar coordinate system for a moment my friend and heed my words: Planet Bob is a torus!

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1299782312' post='2658770']
If you view it as us dictating what treaties you can sign when we're upset when you time and again place outside treaties over the best interest of the bloc, I fear the problem lies with RoK, not SF.
[/quote]

And yet...we were supposed to believe that the other members of SF were totally fine with Rok standing by its convictions, that Rok was fine other members of SF being on the other side of this war, and that at the end of it you would all stand around in a circle and sing camp songs together.

Please. <_<

Rok was told to get in line or else there would be a vote to kick them out of the bloc and I'm certain you and Xiph were lining up the votes to get it done. They took a walk instead, end of story.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1299785213' post='2658827']
Civility and respect people. You have been friends for far too long to throw it all out the window. The paper may be gone, but you are still the same people. So goddamnit act like it.
[/quote]

It never works that way you know. :mellow:

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1299785213' post='2658827']
Civility and respect people. You have been friends for far too long to throw it all out the window. The paper may be gone, but you are still the same people. So goddamnit act like it.
[/quote]

100% Agreement here.

We're still the same people. Same friends. The paper just isnt there anymore (CSN aside).
Different FA paths do not spell out destruction of friendships.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1299785313' post='2658829']
And yet...we were supposed to believe that the other members of SF were totally fine with Rok standing by its convictions, that Rok was fine other members of SF being on the other side of this war, and that at the end of it you would all stand around in a circle and sing camp songs together.

Please. <_<

Rok was told to get in line or else there would be a vote to kick them out of the bloc and I'm certain you and Xiph were lining up the votes to get it done. They took a walk instead, end of story.
[/quote]

Goose has been on vacation sipping Tequila. So you're talking out of your ass here buddy.
RoK was not told to get in line. SF laid out our FA plans and feelings, RoK laid out theirs.
The two didn't match.
A compromise could not be reached.
NO ONE WAS TOLD BY ANYONE TO DROP TREATIES.
Friends parted ways.