RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299790953' post='2658976']
I invite you to test this theory.
[/quote]
Are they better connected and more popular that the week before the GOON incident or just before this war or less? Beginning means starting btw.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299791095' post='2658978']
Sorry, but thinking before posting can get the job done just as well. ;)

That being said, I'll await a response from RnR members or gov.
[/quote]

Please explain to me how, exactly, I was supposed to know you were talking about maroon? ESPECIALLY when you specified "sf", not "maroon". The LOGICAL person would conclude you were talking about SF. The only person who knew you were talking about maroon... was you.

Learn to communicate effectively. We're not mind readers.

[quote]Are they better connected and more popular that the week before the GOON incident or just before this war or less? Beginning means starting btw. [/quote]

Tie to SF? check.
Tie to PB? check.

I'd say they're just as connected as ever...

If you call being MDAP'd to SF and PB "weak militarily", then... lol.

Edited by Penkala

RoK could not have been put up on an expulsion vote due to their treaties as Article II of the SF treaty maintains the sovereign rights of the signatory alliances. I for one would not support our delegates voting to expel RoK on those grounds and I hope I speak for all of RIA in that regard.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791223' post='2658984']
Please explain to me how, exactly, I was supposed to know you were talking about maroon? ESPECIALLY when you specified "sf", not "maroon". The LOGICAL person would conclude you were talking about SF. The only person who knew you were talking about maroon... was you.

Learn to communicate effectively. We're not mind readers.
[/quote]
If you didn't know, why the hell would you respond? Especially when the question wasn't even directed to you. It was specifically directed at RnR members.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1299791392' post='2658988']
RoK could not have been put up on an expulsion vote due to their treaties as Article II of the SF treaty maintains the sovereign rights of the signatory alliances. I for one would not support our delegates voting to expel RoK on those grounds and I hope I speak for all of RIA in that regard.
[/quote]

I really hope that folks aren't lumping you in with this... mess in their minds. While it certainly appears that there are some implodey situations in SF lately, RIA has certainly been a stable, reasonable voice, at least publicly. You guys have always been amongst my favorite alliances. I'm sorry it's your house in which the !@#$ is hitting the fan right now.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1299789301' post='2658939']
I have in fact taught said elephant to ride a unicycle in the past :ehm:

Liz fear not as there is still hope for you.

Good luck to RoK in their future endeavors.
[/quote]
And you taught me very well I might add. :v:

Best of luck to Rok as you chart a new path.

-Bama

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299791701' post='2658996']
I really hope that folks aren't lumping you in with this... mess in their minds. While it certainly appears that there are some implodey situations in SF lately, RIA has certainly been a stable, reasonable voice, at least publicly. You guys have always been amongst my favorite alliances. I'm sorry it's your house in which the !@#$ is hitting the fan right now.
[/quote]
I don't think anybody's lumped them in with anything other than "generally nice guys".

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791223' post='2658984']
Tie to SF? check.
Tie to PB? check.

I'd say they're just as connected as ever...

If you call being MDAP'd to SF and PB "weak militarily", then... lol.
[/quote]
Im surprised how easy you dismiss GOONS and Rok as an ally.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299791415' post='2658990']
If you didn't know, why the hell would you respond? Especially when the question wasn't even directed to you. It was specifically directed at RnR members.
[/quote]

No it wasn't. If it was you'd have asked it in #RnR

p.s. their name is R&R, not RnR.

[quote]Im surprised how easy you dismiss GOONS and Rok as an ally. [/quote]

What?

Go away, Alterego.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1299788593' post='2658915']
I would've liked to wish RoK all the best, but taking pot shots at your former allies on your way out shows how little class you have. Glad you could at least do SF a favor by leaving. I hope you get backstabbed by Polaris like so many alliances have in the past. From all the history with SF I seen, I know that wouldn't have happened there. SF offered you good advice and you were just too prideful and stubborn to heed it. It would be like if iFOK DoW'ed MK in support of the NPO and the rest of PB told iFOK to stop, and we told them to get lost and left PB saying how they wanted to control our FA path. That situation is about as dumb as the one you find yourself in. Congrats. ;)
[/quote]

Wow, talk about refusing to acknowledge nuance. That is one of the most hyperbolic examples I've seen in quite a while. Well done.

Probably a good move RoK.

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1299785448' post='2658833']
Goose has been on vacation sipping Tequila. So you're talking out of your ass here buddy.
RoK was not told to get in line. SF laid out our FA plans and feelings, RoK laid out theirs.
The two didn't match.
A compromise could not be reached.
NO ONE WAS TOLD BY ANYONE TO DROP TREATIES.
Friends parted ways.
[/quote]

All the subtlety of an atom bomb, yet again your foreign affairs nous rears it's impressive head.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

Personally, I love how [s]every single person on the OWF[/s]Penkala believes [s]they[/s]he know[b]s[/s] the inner workings of SF.

Anyway, This isnt surprising. Best of luck to you Rok. I hope things work out for you

Also, When Fark left SF they signed MDoaP's with everyone in SF..so unless that went the way of the Dodo you still have that SF treaty too :P

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791801' post='2659001']
No it wasn't. If it was you'd have asked it in #RnR

p.s. their name is R&R, not RnR.
[/quote]
RnR and R&R is the same.

I'm sure I know who my question was intended at.

Penkala, then a majority of your questions should all be asked on IRC instead of little rants on the OWF. Your arguing over stupid !@#$, let it go?

This interests me because we've seen it time and time again. Not so much the whole SF in trouble with Rok leaving and whatnot, but the constant idea that an alliance stands above other allies and has the right to dictate their FA policy and impact their sovereignty directly. An alliance is a separate alliance because of its sovereignty hence why in most treaties or pacts signed one of the first things mentioned is accepting the sovereignty of both alliances, by both sides. When you start to say you need to have these as friends and follow my lead that's when individuality and the whole idea of being an [i]alliance[/i] becomes impacted. Ragnarok and many others have done the right thing, by not allowing themselves to be governed over by those that call them friends only to have their policies be dictated by those on the outside. That's why I appreciate what Ragnarok is doing.

Or then again, you can just be CsN.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1299785448' post='2658833']
Goose has been on vacation sipping Tequila. So you're talking out of your ass here buddy.
RoK was not told to get in line. SF laid out our FA plans and feelings, RoK laid out theirs.
The two didn't match.
A compromise could not be reached.
NO ONE WAS TOLD BY ANYONE TO DROP TREATIES.
Friends parted ways.
[/quote]

Classy as always Liz

Good luck with this decision RoK

Regarding the comment I made about RoK liking the Polar sphere of influence, that's not just from this war (although their actions here are a big pointer), but also the contrast between their reaction when Polar attacked a direct ally (Bipolar, twice) and their reaction when Polar is attacked by a direct ally (this time). Hoo and Kait both leaving to be in Polar and then one of them going back and the other clearly still being closely involved is another sign that RoK already considered Polar its most important tie.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299791701' post='2658996']
[/quote]

Let me just say Delta picked a hell of a week to go on semi-vacation :facepalm:

Edited by James Dahl