RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1299810382' post='2659381']
No. I threw out names of a couple of alliances that I liked, including NATO, Valhalla, TTK, and Asgaard and asked what SF would think if we ever chose to sign with them. There was a short discussion about that and THEN we moved on to what SF wants to see from us. [b]Your[/b] response was NoR and Polar dropped. I asked you, in specific, what would happen should we refuse and you said that you'd ask us to leave and if we didn't you'd bring it to a vote. None of the alliances you named were mentioned during the expulsion portion of our conversation, Xiph.
[/quote]

Was this "your" regarding Xiph, or "your" regarding SF as a whole?

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1299811120' post='2659398']
I think what people got saw and got angry at (me as well admittedly until this post.) It looked like you were agreeing word-for-word what RV said which you know is not the truth. If that last post was correcting that, thank you.
[/quote]

I don't like how things were handled, but I know you're not a spy. I also know that you care a great deal about SF and meant well. For the record, RV wasn't insulting and didn't call you a spy either. What RV said was correct, but I don't see anything he posted as negative.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1299793407' post='2659056']
Regarding the comment I made about RoK liking the Polar sphere of influence, that's not just from this war (although their actions here are a big pointer), but also the contrast between their reaction when Polar attacked a direct ally (Bipolar, twice) and their reaction when Polar is attacked by a direct ally (this time). Hoo and Kait both leaving to be in Polar and then one of them going back and the other clearly still being closely involved is another sign that RoK already considered Polar its most important tie.
[/quote]
OH wow bob janova has truly fallen.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1299810613' post='2659386']
Started drinking Chairman Hal's kool aid already, are we? And the treaty is not yet even signed. Enjoy your new bedfellows, Kait, you've earned them.
[/quote]
It would be an upgrade if it happened.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299814255' post='2659476']
ITT: GOD is upset that they are losing all their allies who are worth a damn.

I wonder if they've yet figured out why this is happening.
[/quote]

You realize that GOD retains MADP ties to the two largest blocs in the world? :huh:

Popularity with the masses may not be their forte, but isolated they are not.

[quote name='Tim Burke' timestamp='1299815993' post='2659516']
May you rest in peace Black Vulcan
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aLzwvFGTR20/S0ZBoxezaZI/AAAAAAAABB0/yE0JdQHAUpU/s320/164px-BlackVulcan.jpg[/img]

Best of luck in your future RoK

I miss you
[/quote]

Tim Burke, it's been a very long time old friend. Good to see you're still around.

However this thread makes me sick. I still consider SF very close friends and many of them on an OOC level. This bashing is disgusting and for the love of admin please stop. We've had our rough patches and our rocky times but the huge majority of the time it was unified brilliance. Let us remember the latter, but I know it will not happen that way. Watching Rok leave SF was the hardest thing for me to see and I was one of the biggest people in Rok who loved polar and that is well known. For me it's a love triangle that has no peaceful resolution.

Best of luck to all parties.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1299804920' post='2659233']
I'm not really sure how to feel about this.

I've been in the position where a long time ally asked me to choose between them and another friend and it sucks. I feel for you. I also find SF slowly falling apart somewhat humorous although I still believe RIA is made up of a bunch of classy people. Nevertheless, it looks like you chose to go sit on the Polar side of the playground, fair enough. I guess we'll be seeing each other in the future then, if you can rebuild.
[/quote]

liek when you had to choose between the gRAMlins and IRON :smug:

Also since they choose us as their bffl maybe we can give them tips on how to rebuild since we are the best at it :awesome:

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1299809051' post='2659354']
RoK asked what would happen if they didn't, and additionally treatied NATO and Valhalla as well. That was when it was said they'd be put up for expulsion, for the record.
[/quote]

I think you'll find that nobody cares so much about the small details like names as much as the rather large "do as I say" mentality. I'm sure things will start looking up for you guys once you move beyond the grade-school antics though.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299814717' post='2659490']
You realize that GOD retains MADP ties to the two largest blocs in the world? :huh:

[/quote]

It always starts with 1 domino, and it certainly won't take much for those 2 blocs to realize that GOD needs them far more than they need GOD.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1299817426' post='2659545']
I think you'll find that nobody cares so much about the small details like names as much as the rather large "do as I say" mentality. I'm sure things will start looking up for you guys once you move beyond the grade-school antics though.
[/quote]

Uhh, no in this case who they are is the important part. Are you that politically blind to miss the significance of that? Or do you just fail at grasping the concept of not signing treaties with people the rest of your bloc doesn't like?

Rok tried to keep friends on both places for too long, there was bound to be an event that forced a choice sooner or later. They decided their SF ties meant the least to them so made their choice. It was all their decisions. And their decisions to make, but acting like the logical consequences of those decisions are a surprise or tragic is just silly.

If you aren't prepared to make collective FA decisions you don't belong in a bloc, Rok's FA decisions differed from SF, how much only recently became this obvious, but them leaving is in hindsight not a surprise what so ever.

Edited by TypoNinja

Good luck RoK in moving forward. Whether leaving SF was right or wrong politically; you done the right thing by standing up for what you believed in. Good luck to SF too. I have friends over there.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1299776661' post='2658611']
Pressuring you to drop allies? Isn't it a tad bit late for that? Also, kind of a bad thing to do in general?

Oh well, I am sure you will find that you are better off without that bloc. Good luck moving forward.
[/quote]

You may be thinking of the wrong ally. I know of a black ally of theirs that isn't extremely popular among SF.

Edit: nevermind, being late to the thread many people beat me to that issue. Forget it.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299817914' post='2659552']
Uhh, no in this case who they are is the important part. Are you that politically blind to miss the significance of that? Or do you just fail at grasping the concept of not signing treaties with people the rest of your bloc doesn't like?

Rok tried to keep friends on both places for too long, there was bound to be an event that forced a choice sooner or later. They decided their SF ties meant the least to them so made their choice. It was all their decisions. And their decisions to make, but acting like the logical consequences of those decisions are a surprise or tragic is just silly.

If you aren't prepared to make collective FA decisions you don't belong in a bloc, Rok's FA decisions differed from SF, how much only recently became this obvious, but them leaving is in hindsight not a surprise what so ever.
[/quote]

Like I said, grade-school antics. "wow billy, if you're gonna be friends with johnny then we're not friends anymore!"

I understand how bloc politics work, I dealt with my share of it in AZTEC, one of the most (if not THE most) cohesive blocs around here, and their individual members have ties that are so random that one week they can all be on the same side (in terms of individual treaties) and the next week you have 2 coalitions claiming to have support from AZTEC.... the only difference between them and SF is that they treat those issues like adults.

Giving someone an ultimatum such as that makes you look like the jerk in the situation, and if the other party had any stones they would ditch you, otherwise all you've done is secured the loyalty of a spineless government. In this case, RoK had the stones to recognize and ditch a !@#$%* relationship.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299814717' post='2659490']

[/quote]They're losing everyone else though, in their efforts to show those in charge that they'll be a well behaved puppet of the New Hegemony. Everyone except of course those who in turn suck up to GOD.

The fact is, GOD is rapidly becoming isolated, and soon their [i]only[/i] ties to anyone of real power will be to the New Hegemony. And once that happens, well... We all saw what happened to NEW, didn't we? When GOD can no longer bring anything substantial to the table, the New Hegemony will be done with them, they'll be just another meat shield to be disposed of at the most convenient moment.

And GOD knows that, that's why this move by RoK digs at them so much.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299817914' post='2659552']
[b]If you aren't prepared to make collective FA decisions you don't belong in a bloc[/b], Rok's FA decisions differed from SF, how much only recently became this obvious, but them leaving is in hindsight not a surprise what so ever.
[/quote]
Sounds like in this case it goes both ways then since none of the concerned alliances cared to compromise.