RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299867206' post='2660055']
Since VE have to justify their presence here I can't help but wonder, what's your stake in this? Why are you here pretending to care?
[/quote]As a proud member of the Peanut Gallery, I have the right to post wherever I choose. I was merely remarking on VE's unusually large presence in this thread, and the general attitude that they have where they act like they are actually a member of SF.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299867710' post='2660062']
If you really believe any of that, you're and idiot.
[/quote]

Fair to say that a lot of coordination goes on behind the scenes, whether that is coordination between equals or not I'd want unedited chat logs to review to know for sure.

No, I don't expect to get them. I doubt HoT has seen any but if he has, I'm pretty sure The Orders would love it if he passed those along.

But denying and insulting doesn't make it true or untrue. either.

[quote name='Star Gazing' timestamp='1299867529' post='2660056']
Obviously, I am not a member of VE, but I am curious, how exactly do you know when people "pretend" to care?
[/quote]
I swear people in here are getting dumber every day. Read my post again.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299867926' post='2660067']
As a proud member of the Peanut Gallery, I have the right to post wherever I choose. I was merely remarking on VE's unusually large presence in this thread, and the general attitude that they have where they act like they are actually a member of SF.
[/quote]
The VE members doesn't hold the same rights to free speech as you do? As a close ally to the bloc in question their presence in here makes a lot more sense than yours.

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1299870085' post='2660096']
RoK shouldn't really be considered an alliance anymore...
[/quote]

You really should consider checking out the other cool features of the forums...and leaving opinions like this one in the trash bins on your way out of this thread.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299868266' post='2660073']
As a close ally to the bloc in question their presence in here makes a lot more sense than yours.
[/quote]

There's a standard admission seat to the peanut gallery buddy.

...Xiphosis :((

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1299867001' post='2660053']
See also: Viridian RIAcon (RIA MDoAP), Rok MDoAP, Balkan Entente, Maroon Entente, Below.

For those interested, VE's 3 oldest treaties that are still on the books are with GOD, NV, and Rok. We've had a vested interest in them for some time.
[/quote]

This is tangential and likely already thoroughly discussed in a more related thread, but given the old friendships and alliances VE has with NV and Rok, do you find it odd that VE would attack NpO, an ally of both NV and Rok, without utilizing NV and Rok as mediators in diplomatic discussion to seek a more amicable resolution prior to an all out assault? It's an odd expression of a vested interest and runs counter to what most would expect of an ally - even on Planet Bob where expectations are arguably low.

edit: typo

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1299833655' post='2659789']
You changed the names and rephrased it to a Rok-friendly point of view, but that is still the same analogy. Just saying.
[/quote]

nah, the analogy he made. (going in for NPO) is nothing like RoK helping a MDP partner. I'm not saying what RoK done was right, but in those types of situations as I've found out personally there really isn't a good choice. You just have to stick to your decision and help those you feel closest too. If RoK done that then good for them.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299866575' post='2660047']
But you didn't join them when invited, despite your alleged 'close relationships.' Why?

Wait, don't answer, because I know. You joined PB instead, valuing political advancement over friends, and hoping that you could become the most influential alliance in the game besides NPO. Except MK is basically running PB from the sidelines now. That must not feel too good.

But yes, I admit it's not terribly surprising that members of PB would show up to express their dissatisfaction that RoK wasn't willing to fall in line and drop treaties on command.
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299867610' post='2660057']
Doomhouse controls PB, and MK controls Doomhouse. I think it's rather obvious, even if you don't want to admit it. They are the ones running the show.

I mean, you can keep pretending that your bloc is different from every other bloc in history and that the five of you are all 'equals,' but every bloc does that and it's never the case.

VE tried to be the top dog, you tried hard, but at the end of the day, Doomhouse beat you to it.
[/quote]
You have absolutely no factual evidence to back any of your wild allegations up, mainly because none exists. Doomhouse and PB, while obviously linked and closely affiliated, do not order each other around. MK is not running PB, hell, MK is not even running Doomhouse. If you think there was any coercive effort required to get the alliances of Doomhouse to attack NPO, you're sorely mistaken. If you think MK orders PB around, you are even more mistaken. Moreover, there is no competition between PB and DH, they are different kinds of blocs anyway.

You know I'm impressed that you continue to post such blatantly false things, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I would have thought someone of your side would have taken you aside and explained to you how things really are, to prevent you from making all of them look bad by extension, but I guess that hasn't happened yet.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299871661' post='2660134']
You have absolutely no factual evidence to back any of your wild allegations up, mainly because none exists. Doomhouse and PB, while obviously linked and closely affiliated, do not order each other around. MK is not running PB, hell, MK is not even running Doomhouse. If you think there was any coercive effort required to get the alliances of Doomhouse to attack NPO, you're sorely mistaken. If you think MK orders PB around, you are even more mistaken. Moreover, there is no competition between PB and DH, they are different kinds of blocs anyway.

You know I'm impressed that you continue to post such blatantly false things, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I would have thought someone of your side would have taken you aside and explained to you how things really are, to prevent you from making all of them look bad by extension, but I guess that hasn't happened yet.
[/quote]

Don't waste your energy. It's HoT. Folks take him about as seriously as they do Penkala. You can't explain things reasonably. He's clearly in the VE DID IT ALL camp, and isn't interested in hearing what may or may not have actually happened. Even if you have evidence.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299871661' post='2660134']

[/quote]Umbrella is sort of a really big, slightly respectable yes-man.

GOONS is an MK wannabe with no real political influence.

I'm not saying MK had to pressure you even a little bit to get you to agree, you both would quickly and willingly jump on board with such an idea. But I would be beyond shocked if it turned out that it wasn't MK who came up with the initial idea. Prove me wrong, show me that you or Umbrella were actually the ones who came up with the idea, the ones who first mentioned it, with verifiable evidence, and I'll tell you what, I'll leave this thread entirely. Incidentally, that means I'm not going to give you the time to cook something up, you need to go and screen-cap the relevant info right away, if it exists.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299868266' post='2660073']
The VE members doesn't hold the same rights to free speech as you do? As a close ally to the bloc in question their presence in here makes a lot more sense than yours.
[/quote]
Remarking on something unusual != an attempt to stifle free speech.

Not sure what exactly you're smoking, but by all means please share some with the rest of us.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299879609' post='2660337']
Remarking on something unusual != an attempt to stifle free speech.

Not sure what exactly you're smoking, but by all means please share some with the rest of us.
[/quote]
Actually you're the one that brought the free speech thing up. While I have realized that it's a hopeless cause to try and make you read the posts you respond to can you at least try to read your own?