RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, RoK and TPF were good friends in the past. Perhaps not superfriends, but good friends. I hope that we can return to that former status.

I think one of the problems was that Rok was the world champion in signing treaties. At one point, they had 22 of them and that had to backfire one day. You just can't keep everyone happy in a world war when you have that many allies. You have to make difficult choices then and if you end up on a different side than your bloc mates, it's not that weird that it ends in tears.

Good luck out there, Rok, and good luck to the remaining SF alliances.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299791415' post='2658990']
If you didn't know, why the hell would you respond? Especially when the question wasn't even directed to you. It was specifically directed at RnR members.
[/quote]
For spelling R&R as RnR we have decided to not have any Gov post just to annoy you.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791801' post='2659001']
p.s. their name is R&R, not RnR.
[/quote]
:wub:

P.S. Our Vice Prez posted a while back wishing Rok luck. ;)

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1299796351' post='2659095']
I think one of the problems was that Rok was the world champion in signing treaties. At one point, they had 22 of them and that had to backfire one day. You just can't keep everyone happy in a world war when you have that many allies. You have to make difficult choices then and if you end up on a different side than your bloc mates, it's not that weird that it ends in tears.[/quote]
That wasn't a major issue in this war. We were faced with an attack by one MDoAP ally (VE) on another MDoAP ally (NpO). Whether we'd had 2 or 2000 allies, keeping everyone happy would have been impossible. The reasons why we chose to defend NpO are no secret and hardly a big surprise. Our other allies acted according to their treaty links or their internal alliance goals; again hardly a surprise.

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1299797511' post='2659112']
That wasn't a major issue in this war. We were faced with an attack by one MDoAP ally (VE) on another MDoAP ally (NpO). Whether we'd had 2 or 2000 allies, keeping everyone happy would have been impossible. The reasons why we chose to defend NpO are no secret and hardly a big surprise. Our other allies acted according to their treaty links or their internal alliance goals; again hardly a surprise.
[/quote]

I know what happened, but the more treaties you have, the bigger the chance that you'll end up in a situation where you have to choose between allies.

So much hilarity.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1299782928' post='2658780']
Enjoy yourself in the Polar sphere, you've obviously wanted to be there for quite some time.
[/quote]

Rubbish. Ragnarok is now in the 'Nordreich Sphere'. Haven't you heard that we have a 'stranglehold' on Black?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1299784265' post='2658811']
Somehow, I think there's a bit more to this other than noble Ragnarok being shunned and bullied by their Super Friends.
[/quote]

Nope, and neither was it the first time.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299786035' post='2658853']
This is the OWF. It is not poetry.
[/quote]

This is true on so many levels that I hope many will 'sig' this.

[quote name='Cairna' timestamp='1299786487' post='2658865']
Why do all of Liz's posts read like bad haikus?
[/quote]

Maybe poor grammar.

Perhaps keyboard is ancient.

Or stuck 'Enter' key?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791223' post='2658984']
If you call being MDAP'd to SF and PB "weak militarily", then... lol.
[/quote]

I'm reminded of a certain comment by GGA with respect to WRCs.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1299796054' post='2659088']
From what I've heard, RoK and TPF were good friends in the past. Perhaps not superfriends, but good friends. I hope that we can return to that former status.
[/quote]

I don't believe Nordreich will 'allow' this to happen. :v:

There. Now I'm all caught up. Please resume sniping. :popcorn:

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299791223' post='2658984']
If you call being MDAP'd to SF and PB "weak militarily", then... lol.
[/quote]
1) What zog said.
2) That's definitely foreign affairs, not military.

The truth is Nordreich told us we either had to cancel SF or leave them...we did the only thing any rational person would do and bent over and took our punishment for being bad allys. :o

ok... back to reality... this is s very sad day. I'd like to remember the good times the fun, the curbstomps (sorry NSO i actually dont mind you guys now your pretty cool!), the awesome TE alliance at one stage and most of all the friendships.

We were put in a corner and told to make a call and I 100% support Kaits decision. I hate the fact we are leaving our good times in SF behind us but what is done is done. Even the best relationships fall eventually I guess.

Here's to hoping we can all catch up and have a beer together some time soon. :wub:

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1299782312' post='2658770']
If you view it as us dictating what treaties you can sign when we're upset when you time and again place outside treaties over the best interest of the bloc, I fear the problem lies with RoK, not SF.
[/quote]

I'll echo Goose's comments here. I was asked by Ragnarok last night what I would like to see of them, and my bloc-mates concurred that it was the only possible course of action to get SF firing on the same page again and not acting divided. Your priority since being back has been Nordreich and Polaris, Kait, and I'm glad you no longer have any pretense of loyalty for us. It makes things a lot more honest.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1299798877' post='2659140']
I'll echo Goose's comments here. I was asked by Ragnarok last night what I would like to see of them, and my bloc-mates concurred that it was the only possible course of action to get SF firing on the same page again and not acting divided. Your priority since being back has been Nordreich and Polaris, Kait, and I'm glad you no longer have any pretense of loyalty for us. It makes things a lot more honest.
[/quote]

It makes things quite nice and even, since any pretense of loyalty that you had towards us or your other allies disappeared a [u]long[/u] time ago.

Your priority since being back has been Nordreich and Polaris, Kait, and I'm glad you no longer have any pretense of loyalty for us. It makes things a lot more honest.[/quote]

What makes this hilarious is the number of times members of Ragnarok's government -- in private discussions with me and various other Nordreich members over the last several months -- have expressed their desire to maintain relations with SF despite whatever conflicts it might cause down the road.

RoK expended a great deal of energy defending your nonsense. It's a shame you refused to see it.

Ragnarok was loyal to [u]all[/u] of their allies. The problem was that you disliked two of them and made dropping them a condition of continued friendship. Spin it however you like, but this is really no different from the nonsense you pulled with GOONS.

I'll echo Goose's comments here. I was asked by Ragnarok last night what I would like to see of them, and my bloc-mates concurred that it was the only possible course of action to get SF [b]firing on the same page again[/b] and not acting divided.[/quote]
Gotta love mixed metaphors. The image of Xiph pushing SF to fire on some poor guy in a medieval page costume, then getting them to do it again, is perfect.