RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish you didn't try and throw up a smokescreen as to the real reasons you're leaving the Super Friends, Ragnarok. I've expressed my disappointment with the logic of the recent decisions being made and I still maintain that turning your back and running away from your problems isn't the best course of action. No magical side will materialize to help get the house in order and doing your best to destroy your relationship with the only ones who would isn't something I could have predicted despite my term as a RoKker.

I wish you the best of luck RoK and I really hope you can pull yourself together in the future.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1299780742' post='2658738']
Polaris strikes an ally in SuperFriends and you forgive them. A SuperFriend strikes Polaris and you leave the bloc.
[/quote]

Refresh my memory, what alliance we struck in SF?

Edited by D34th

Since I am outside Nordreich's government, I did not hear of this until after this announcement was made. However, while I didn't know it was coming, I cannot say that it comes as a great surprise.

My respect for Ragnarok and its leadership pre-dates any treaty between our respective alliances, and I know this was not an easy decision to make. While I cannot pretend to speak for Nordreich as a whole, know that you have my personal support (and, let's be honest, likely NoR's as well) as you move forward.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1299781051' post='2658744']
Once upon a time, you struck GOD. I'm not sure what SF alliance struck Polar in this case though ...
[/quote]
You're right. For whatever reason the thought of GOD striking Polaris popped into my mind.

Nonetheless the error fails to detract from the point of the post.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1299780742' post='2658738']
Polaris strikes an ally in SuperFriends and you forgive them. A SuperFriend strikes Polaris and you leave the bloc.
[/quote]

To be fair, GOD is running around telling people who they can and can't sign with. I remember MK applauding GOONS when they distanced themselves from GOD.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299781986' post='2658764']
It's a bit more complicated than that.
[/quote]

Though along the same lines. As I stated to a gentleman from iFOK earlier, I am about 4 miles out of the loop. So I don't find out info until 2 weeks after things happen.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1299781748' post='2658759']
To be fair, GOD is running around telling people who they can and can't sign with. I remember MK applauding GOONS when they distanced themselves from GOD.
[/quote]
I'm fairly sure it was GOD who distanced themselves from GOONS. And we berated them viciously for it.

Best of luck to everyone in Ragnarok after this.

There were strong pushes by memberships from all sides that tried to prevent a fracture like this. No one can say that the common members of SuperFriends didn't make an effort to reach an understanding with one another. I'd thought it was actually progressing okay. It's unfortunate that FA became the point that none of us were willing to budge much on, if at all.

RoK have been a fantastic ally to fight beside. I truly hope that Ragnarok finds their way. While you guys are feeling hurt and angry right now, I don't think anyone in SuperFriends bears you any ill will. I understand why you wouldn't give up one of your best friends just because the rest of us strongly dislike them. GOD, and I dare say every other Super Friend alliance, wouldn't cave either. That's what makes this so regrettable, yet seemingly inevitable.

I'm sad to see this happen, but hopefully this will be a better move for all of us.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1299776174' post='2658593']
We wish the majority of those individuals nothing but the best.[/quote]

Couldn't we have split without the negative spin and comments, Kait? It's only going to breed animosity and resentment where there was little to none.

Edited by RailForge