Impero's Game: The Truth About the Alleged Spying and Evidence of Deception

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1295659309' post='2590060']
So Impero is a Polar spy? VE, time to find a new leader guys.
[/quote]

This is actually on par with VE leadership. Remember when Ardus was like, "So was I a coward? Yup."

He pretty much embodies the alliance. :)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295659275' post='2590055']
See you're saying we shouldn't trust Lennox' word yet do you realize VE marched to war based on them? Double standards indeed, when you guys backpedal you run everything over.
[/quote]
VE talked to Polar, you know.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1295659235' post='2590051']
Afaik Photobucket doesn't though.
[/quote]

Neither does imageshack. Considering Lennox continues to merely discuss the uploading (which according to the hosting providers he's used) its actually quite obvious that he doesn't understand this concept. I'm gonna go with Banksy on this one. Fake.

Not that it'll change anything. Stop whining and lets go back to killing each other.

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1295659308' post='2590059']
Thats the US definition of entrapment, which doesn't ring true with civilised law in the rest of the world.
[/quote]
Oh my goodness, you're actually serious aren't you

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295659212' post='2590046']
NPO burned that one a few years back, its loss was tragic, but inevitable.
[/quote]

So, rather than fixing the injustices you cried about in Karma, you're choosing to perpetrate them?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295659219' post='2590047']
It is my opinion that the New Sith Order is in no position to debate whether an alliance is honorable or not. I hope you understand. I will however continue with our little charade for the duration of this post.

I can count the injustices perpetrated by alliance who fought with Karma on one hand. Unfortunately I lack the right amount of digits in the case of those who fought against. When we start curbstomping our close allies among the variety of crimes perpetrated by the old hegemony, maybe then we'll have become what we oppose.
[/quote]

I fought with Karma. There's a reason I moved my alliance away from those individuals. They became what they sought to oppose. VE's wormy CB is only another bit of evidence. Another brick in the wall.

Thats the US definition of entrapment, which doesn't ring true with civilised law in the rest of the world.
[/quote]Why does the US definition of entrapment matter?

Fernando's alliance is gone now. :smug:

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295659219' post='2590048']
Speaking of NSO and taking the initiative and such, how are you enjoying brown these days?
[/quote]

Quite well, thankyou. I wasn't aware that changing teams was a big initiative but hey, anything for an argument.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295659219' post='2590047']
It is my opinion that the New Sith Order is in no position to debate whether an alliance is honorable or not. I hope you understand. I will however continue with our little charade for the duration of this post.

I can count the injustices perpetrated by alliance who fought with Karma on one hand. Unfortunately I lack the right amount of digits in the case of those who fought against. When we start curbstomping our close allies among the variety of crimes perpetrated by the old hegemony, maybe then we'll have become what we oppose.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The NSO fought with Karma, actually. It declared war on ML and TPF. You're silly.[/color]

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1295659050' post='2590035']
I am very very ambivalent to this war, but the side I'd pick if a gun was to my head changed with this thread.
[/quote]
Hate to hate, but I don't think many on our side [i]wanted[/i] BAPS on it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295659031' post='2590031']
You didn't read the logs hard enough then.

1) Lennox came to Dajobo; if this thread is any indication it was just to stir up trouble
2) Lennox suggested he spy on MHA for Dajobo
3) Dajobo says "spy on VE or MK instead"
4) ???
5) Lennox delivers VE information to Dajobo which he happily accepts and discusses casually

Dajobo is not without fault. He suggested and accepted spied information. He was happy to take spied information from VE, delivered by Lennox. If it had been information from MHA, MHA would be dealing with this situation instead. But Dajobo told him to spy VE instead, then took the information. Dajobo did wrong.
[/quote]

4) Imperio suggests Lennox take classified information and give it to an enemy alliance.

And sure, Dajobo should have turned down the info more strongly, should not have suggested anybody to spy one, etc. But going from there to saying Dajobo told him to spy is not an honest reading of the logs. That it was a VE scheme should lead the honest person to give much more creedance to Dajobo's claim that he was just shooting the breeze with Lennox, that he meant it when he said he would not support spying, and that he did try in good faith to let Impero know of the situation only to be rebuffed because it was a VE plot to begin with.

Are you going to hold onto "but Dajobo a little wrong too!" or are you going to be an honest person Beefspari?

[quote name='Katsumi' timestamp='1295659290' post='2590056']
Stop with the dumb sarcasm, it's not funny. It's not that difficult to declare war on Rebel Virginia. It's better than telling us what "most people" would have done, when everyone knows that Rebel Virginia is not, and never has been, "most people".
[/quote]

This may come as a suprise to you, depending on how recently you crawled out from under your rock, but I'm not the person in charge of my alliance, nor even my alliances military. Were it solely up to me, yes I'd roll on RV right now for posting our information publicly, how stupid can you get? We went to war with Polar over their getting it, posting it to the OWF is surely going to end well!

But oh geeze would you look at that, I don't in fact run my alliance, I'm just an old member and an opinionated SOB. Somebody else gets to deal with the problem.

Is there any other basic aspects of reality you'd like me to explain to your addled self, or are you caught up on the real world now?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295659484' post='2590075']
So, rather than fixing the injustices you cried about in Karma, you're choosing to perpetrate them?
[/quote]

Actually, I was being snarkey because I didn't think the comment deserved a serious reply.

Honestly, in the years we've been here have opposite sides in a war ever agreed with each other over the justifications?

Edited by TypoNinja

[/quote]

What is this US thinger? If you're willing to bring up the subject of "entrapment", you're going to have to deal with the general definition of the term.

Is Impero denying this is true? Cause if my choice comes down to trusting Lennox and trusting Impero... well I'm going to go ahead and not.

Anyhow, meh. Either Imp allowed Lennox to use VE to get Polar, or he collaborated with Lennox to get Polar. Either way is pretty shady, but it really just effects how I see VE and Impero. It doesn't effect how I see the CB. Whether Lennox or Impero was setting them up, Polar walked into the trap. It was more than enough of a CB to start this !@#$ show, and now it has started.

Edited by Trinite

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295659565' post='2590084']
4) Imperio suggests Lennox take classified information and give it to an enemy alliance.

And sure, Dajobo should have turned down the info more strongly, should not have suggested anybody to spy one, etc. But going from there to saying Dajobo told him to spy is not an honest reading of the logs. That it was a VE scheme should lead the honest person to give much more creedance to Dajobo's claim that he was just shooting the breeze with Lennox, that he meant it when he said he would not support spying, and that he did try in good faith to let Impero know of the situation only to be rebuffed because it was a VE plot to begin with.

Are you going to hold onto "but Dajobo a little wrong too!" or are you going to be an honest person Beefspari?
[/quote]
Even if what you say for 4 is true, that would be a sting operation, and is a pretty good way of determining if Polar is actually willing to spy on your alliance or not. Which as it turns out, they are.

There's nothing dishonest about that.

Priceless, thank you RV.

It's also amusing see half of people in VE side trying to claim that is false and the other half saying "We don't care, we just want them to burn".

How VE's allies(those who didn't know or didn't believe that was a setup) feels being played like fools?

This is pretty funny. Everyone on Polaris's side of things immediately declares, "OMG! Look at that! It's definitely true! You are so bad, VE!" as if saying so makes it true. These screenshots could very, very easily be fabricated.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the claims of real/fake are being made based on battle lines, but it's pretty funny that those yelling that the screenshots are real actually expect this to have any effect on anyone on the other side.