Impero's Game: The Truth About the Alleged Spying and Evidence of Deception

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Silver Empress' timestamp='1295657334' post='2589903']
You sir, have just won major internet points. ^_^

*gives RV 5 internets and 5 stars.*

And since you showed these screenshots.. does that mean VE's going to hit NSO now? <.<
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Earlier today Heft approached Impero with an offer of mediation, which Impero declined because "it wasn't the OWF." We're simply doing as Impero told us to, and bring the show here.[/color]

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about every CB in every war is garbage. This goes especially for those centered around "spying." Stretched legalistic fantasies by alliances who want to attack someone but for some odd reason can't just come out and say it. Of course the reason for it is to offer a fig leaf to bandwagoners who want to weasel out of their treaties out of some "moral" justification.

Things would be so much easier if alliances acted in a more straight forward manner. Just say you're attacking because you dislike the alliance you are attacking or feel that their interests and yours don't match and you want to resolve this on the battlefield. So much better for avoiding farces such as this.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295657252' post='2589893']
The extension on the screens Lennox sent to Dajobo were .png but the ones here are .jpgs

fake.
[/quote]
I take it you cannot read too well when Imperio tells Lennox to [b]Download[/b] them and re-upload them in his usual manner. Easy enough to change extension

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295657721' post='2589922']
I'm glad to see the spirit touted in Karma still survives.
[/quote]

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1295657238' post='2589892']
Oh man that's funny. Too bad this won't change a damn thing.
[/quote]

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1295657309' post='2589900']
The truth of the matter is it won't matter. Rule of law has long since disappeared. Only thing that matters is if one side gets a chance to fight someone they don't like. People like Impero and gang understand this and can act with impunity so long as they have a larger side.
[/quote]

Exactly. This won't change a thing because might makes right. It always has, today is no different.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295656940' post='2589868']
It doesn't change the fact that he walked into a blatantly obvious trap. Ignorance has never been an excuse and it still isn't.
[/quote]

No he didn't. At best the trap went out of it's way to walk into him. Pretty pitiful showing VE... if true.

Rule of law has disappeared? Doubtful. And here's why....

If you march to war without a damned good reason to, and you lose, you risk being couped. If you're a smaller alliance, you risk disbandment. When your members come to you and ask you why they've all been ZIed, you'd better have a much better reason to give than, "we just wanted to go to war with someone". I'd like to think that most alliance leaders respect their members a little more than that, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case. Most of the people who are at war are completely out of touch with the politics behind it. It's kinda sad, really, to think that their faith that they've placed in their leaders to use their nations responsibly, has actually been given to leaders who regard their nations as disposable napkins and use them "just because".

It is this principal that enforces the laws of political responsibility. Those that don't obey the laws will still stumble around on Bob for a little while until they have a really big blunder, or enough blunders to erase themselves from our presence. If you are despicable, you will reap the consequences in some way, shape, form, or fashion.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295657577' post='2589914']
You were around then, lets not kid ourselves: NPO got called out on it every time.
[/quote]
Not all of them. Plus they went the long way to set people up and took the effort to make us all go "damn that was impressive" instead of "they are both idiots" like we are now.

Dont get me wrong Im happy to see some action on bob for once. I just long for the days of good setups and actuall diplomatic cunning instead of the crap people call "smart" these days.

Edited by Master-Debater

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1295657877' post='2589936']
Exactly. This won't change a thing because might makes right. It always has, today is no different.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Of this I am aware, but I am still a man dedicated to the truth, irregardless of how little some people value it.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295658065' post='2589946']
[color="#0000FF"]Of this I am aware, but I am still a man dedicated to the truth, irregardless of how little some people value it.[/color]
[/quote]
I support your goals here, in that right should be "right" enough on its own, without needing to be backed up by might.

Good luck.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295657787' post='2589930']
[color="#0000FF"]Earlier today Heft approached Impero with an offer of mediation, which Impero declined because "it wasn't the OWF." We're simply doing as Impero told us to, and bring the show here.[/color]
[/quote]

So you thought It'd be a good idea to publicly post information we're already rolling Polar for taking? Most people dumping spied info are usually smart enough to try and hide their identities.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295657614' post='2589917']
[color="#0000FF"]Lennox re-uploaded the images in a different format to avoid suspicion, as told to by Impero.[/color]
[/quote]
"Impereo" didn't tell him to edit the screens. He told him to find a new provider.

Changing the format to an inferior pixel quality makes no sense. Changing host provider also makes no sense, as [OOC] tinypic is completely anonymous [/ooc].

[quote name='hullean' timestamp='1295657830' post='2589933']
I take it you cannot read too well when Imperio tells Lennox to [b]Download[/b] them and re-upload them in his usual manner. Easy enough to change extension
[/quote]

I think you missed the point. Why would he switch the extensions again? Makes no sense to do it twice unless someone was editing them and and carelessly saved them in a different format.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295657721' post='2589922']
I'm glad to see the spirit touted in Karma still survives.
[/quote]

Karma was a convenient little buzzword that seemed appropriate and was a convenient banner to rally round, that's all it ever was. So can we please drop this terrible rhetoric that dates back almost two years ago? I feel like this is in every other post I read when it has something to do with an alliance that fought with the Karma coalition doing ~bad things~

Give it a rest and find a new party line. This one is as old, tired and ineffective as UPN is.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658027' post='2589942']
So CN finally gets it's war, and NSO (who believe themselves to be a "do something about it" alliance) tries to complain.

Shut up and war. You guys are unbelievable.
[/quote]

We are not complaining about anything. We are bringing forth the truth of the matter. If he wants to fight, he should just say so. The deceit is just cowardly.