Impero's Game: The Truth About the Alleged Spying and Evidence of Deception

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1295658669' post='2590004']
Entrapment is illegal in the civilised world.
[/quote]

Actually.... this doesn't fit the definition of entrapment though.

[quote]In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit. In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. [b]However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime.[/b] For example, it is not entrapment for a government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informant or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. [b]So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.[/b][/quote]

Even [i]if[/i] Impero set up Polar, that doesn't change the fact that the conversations detailed in the initial DoW still happened. Dabjobo was rather naive and, frankly, a little stupid (Sorry bud, but it's true) and he was the second in command of Polar while making those grievous errors.

Just because he may have been set up doesn't mean that he still took the actions he took when confronted with the situation. And, IIRC, it was those actions taken that motivated VE to war.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295658545' post='2589993']
Grasping at straws? I'm sorry, you're the one trying to make us believe that impereo took screenshots of his own forums and gave them over to Lennox using an anonymous file extension. Then Lennox decided to edit the files to give them poorer pixel quality and upload them onto not one, but two image providers [after he [ooc] messed up the sharing function on imageshack [/ooc].
[/quote]So it's impossible that he copy/pasted them to paint and saved them as JPEG's to his hard drive and then re-uploaded them twice to the internet because he failed the first time?

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658151' post='2589955']
So you thought It'd be a good idea to publicly post information we're already rolling Polar for taking? Most people dumping spied info are usually smart enough to try and hide their identities.
[/quote]
I don't think they care.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295658266' post='2589966']
It is completely unnecessary. It involves opening up each individual file and saving it as another format.
[/quote]
Actually it doesn't, as the external extension doesn't do much more than tell programs how to open it. The internal extension is what defines the image, the external one could be .exe for all it matters. If it's opened in the correct program, it will open correctly.

Not to mention, some services will actually [i]automatically[/i] change the filetype to allow for compression and save on bandwidth.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1295658470' post='2589987']
I have no idea if it was a sting operation or not, but either way Polar showed they were willing and eager to spy and be involved in handling the agent. Sting operation or not that still shows plenty enough hostility on Polar's part to make a CB for VE.
[/quote]

This is precisely how I feel. In any event, I'm glad that [i]someone[/i] finally managed to get a war started.

On another, more general note: if you're going to complain about stagnant politics, don't whine when conflict is brought to your doorstep.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658457' post='2589983']
Some choose to still claim they are honorable and just. Yet the injustice they perpetrate is exactly what led them to take down the powers that be in Karma. They have become what they opposed. The rhetoric highlights reality. Sometimes people need those glasses before they can see.
[/quote]

It is my opinion that the New Sith Order is in no position to debate whether an alliance is honorable or not. I hope you understand. I will however continue with our little charade for the duration of this post.

I can count the injustices perpetrated by alliance who fought with Karma on one hand. Unfortunately I lack the right amount of digits in the case of those who fought against. When we start curbstomping our close allies among the variety of crimes perpetrated by the old hegemony, maybe then we'll have become what we oppose.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295659035' post='2590032']
You keep talking about cowardice, but at least they had the proverbial balls to declare war in the first place. Right or wrong, the war is here. I thought NSO would just be happy enough at that alone.
[/quote]

Speaking of NSO and taking the initiative and such, how are you enjoying brown these days?

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1295656884' post='2589860']
Well well well. Any comment VE? Or MVP? Or any other of you guys that swore up and down that Dajobo was a dirty spy?
[/quote]

lol, I even said and I'll say it once more again you trust VE too much and sympathize with Polaris too much as well.

Remember when bigwoody said that the CB could have been over puff pastries and he wouldn't care? Yeah, it's kinda like that!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295658988' post='2590025']
[color="#0000FF"]According to Lennox he was talking to Impero at the same time, maybe slightly before, he spoke to Dajobo.[/color]
[/quote]
Your own thread pretty much explains why we shouldn't trust Lennox' word. Besides which, how would Impero or Lennox have known that Dajobo would suggest VE over MHA?

[quote name='Shadow Slayer' timestamp='1295659043' post='2590033']
Some file upload services automatically make PNG files into JPG, in order to lower quality and compress them. It saves the service space and bandwidth.
[/quote]
Afaik Photobucket doesn't though.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295659075' post='2590040']
Even [i]if[/i] Impero set up Polar, that doesn't change the fact that the conversations detailed in the initial DoW still happened. Dabjobo was rather naive and, frankly, a little stupid (Sorry bud, but it's true) and he was the second in command of Polar while making those grievous errors.

Just because he may have been set up doesn't mean that he still took the actions he took when confronted with the situation. And, IIRC, it was those actions taken that motivated VE to war.
[/quote]

Exactly why this isn't a case of entrapment.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295659226' post='2590050']
Your own thread pretty much explains why we shouldn't trust Lennox' word. Besides which, how would Impero or Lennox have known that Dajobo would suggest VE over MHA?
[/quote]

See you're saying we shouldn't trust Lennox' word yet do you realize VE marched to war based on them? Double standards indeed, when you guys backpedal you run everything over.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658543' post='2589992']
Ohh the "do something about it" provocation! You are so clever and witty, what ever shall I do now that this classic grade school retort has rendered me totally unable to respond!
[/quote]
Stop with the dumb sarcasm, it's not funny. It's not that difficult to declare war on Rebel Virginia. It's better than telling us what "most people" would have done, when everyone knows that Rebel Virginia is not, and never has been, "most people".

The real issue that you're attempting to avoid admitting your alliance's true role, when what actually happened was you copied the brilliant technique of Ephriam Grey, and much in the same way, it blew up in your face.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295659083' post='2590041']
So it's impossible that he copy/pasted them to paint and saved them as JPEG's to his hard drive and then re-uploaded them twice to the internet because he failed the first time?
[/quote]
The unironic use of Paint is itself a valid CB. Expect a noble charge on Lennox shortly.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295659212' post='2590046']
NPO burned that one a few years back, its loss was tragic, but inevitable.
[/quote]

If NPO killed it, you guys have it spinning in its grave.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1295659158' post='2590044']
On another, more general note: if you're going to complain about stagnant politics, don't whine when conflict is brought to your doorstep.
[/quote]
Which is why I'm glad I don't complain about stagnant politics.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1295659167' post='2590045']
can't say i'm surprised,

although i have to ask, is there much point posting the screenshots here? VE would have to be incredibly stupid to leak their real warchest amounts
[/quote]

Why don't you ask polar to give you the results of their spy operations?

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1295659058' post='2590037']
This doesn't change the fact that Dajobo didn't inform VE of Lennox giving him the info.
[/quote]It proves that even IF Dajobo had rushed over to VE straightaway instead of waiting a whole 20 hours, he likely would have received the same treatment since Impero wanted war badly enough to falsify a CB.