Impero's Game: The Truth About the Alleged Spying and Evidence of Deception

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658548' post='2589994']
"VE did something mean". Yeah, Sir, complaining. I guarantee the greater population on "VE's side" don't care if it's all a set up.
[/quote]

Then why bother with a fake CB? Why not just declare war "for the hell of it"? Are they too cowardly to give into their passion?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295658430' post='2589981']
It's also worth noting that the fact that it was a set-up or not is not an important debate to the core of the CB. Just as police may set up a sting operation, the only thing that matters is whether the criminals take the bait or not. People keep trying to push the debate back to whether or not VE set up the information. Whether true or not does not alter the legitimacy of the CB. As much as people want to prove or disprove it, it's completely irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that Dajobo directed Lennox at VE, and then happily accepted what he believed to be spied information. Whether the information was real, or whether Lennox was playing anyone, or whether VE gave to Lennox on purpose for a "sting" of some kind, are all completely irrelevant facts. The CB is that NpO condoned spying on VE. Which they did. That's it.
[/quote]
Lol ok, if by condone you mean that Impero gave Lennox screenshots of VE's warchest info and then Lennox c/p'd them into a query with Dajobo (which Impero had told him to do, by the way); then yeah, NpO condoned spying.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1295658460' post='2589985']
You both may be missing the point. Its simply a matter of where you upload the images or whatever file type you prefer. I uploaded my images to imageshack and flickr because Impero didn't want to use his own photobucket/flickr/etc.etc. account. This has nothing to do with file type, it has everything to do with trying to clean the blood off your hands.

Edit: grammar
[/quote]
No, you don't understand. A .jpg file is completely different to a .png file. It is not just a matter of uploading it to a different provider. You actually have to edit the file and re save it.

It's also worth noting that the fact that it was a set-up or not is not an important debate to the core of the CB. Just as police may set up a sting operation, the only thing that matters is whether the criminals take the bait or not. People keep trying to push the debate back to whether or not VE set up the information. Whether true or not does not alter the legitimacy of the CB. As much as people want to prove or disprove it, it's completely irrelevant.
[/quote]

Entrapment is illegal in the civilised world.

[quote name='Master-Debater' timestamp='1295658058' post='2589945']
Not all of them. Plus they went the long way to set people up and took the effort to make us all go "damn that was impressive" instead of "they are both idiots" like we are now.
[/quote]

Yes, all of them. Not a single questionable NPO war was met with overwhelming praise and support. People just weren't as vocal then lest their heads be the next to roll.

And with that I'll recuse myself from the NPO tangent.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658151' post='2589955']
So you thought It'd be a good idea to publicly post information we're already rolling Polar for taking? Most people dumping spied info are usually smart enough to try and hide their identities.
[/quote]

The point that many people are taking from this is that the 'information' you are rolling Polar for is really a poorly concocted sham.

The only thing that matters is that Dajobo directed Lennox at VE, and then happily accepted what he believed to be spied information. Whether the information was real, or whether Lennox was playing anyone, or whether VE gave to Lennox on purpose for a "sting" of some kind, are all completely irrelevant facts. The CB is that NpO condoned spying on VE. Which they did. That's it.
[/quote]
Would it matter if Impero originally directed lennox to dajobo with the mission of trying to get them into a war?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295658649' post='2590002']
No, you don't understand. A .jpg file is completely different to a .png file. It is not just a matter of uploading it to a different provider. You actually have to edit the file and re save it.
[/quote]

Right, some of the images are hosted by me, and some are hosted by RV.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658586' post='2589996']
Stings can also lead to entrapment, which is not legally acceptable. Bad example.
[/quote]
No it's not. Stings and entrapment are two different things. It was Dajobo's idea that Lennox approach VE. It's impossible for it to have been entrapment without the aid of psychic powers.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295658649' post='2590002']
[/quote]

I think he understands that, he obviously changed the extension and re-uploaded them to clean the evidence.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295657721' post='2589922']
I'm glad to see the spirit touted in Karma still survives.
[/quote]

Whatever spirit you mean, chances are I didn't tout it.

[/quote]

No they didn't. In all the logs I've seen it's been Lennox who came to the NpO. Lennox who asked who to spy. Lennox who said he had screenshots. Lennox who posted them twice. Dajobo at one point said he could not support spying. The only thing he ever did was ask for the screenshots to be rehosted so they could actually be opened and that was before he knew what they were. He then answered Lennox's question about how the two alliance's warchests compared, but that's it.

Impero was correct in one thing in his chat with Dajobo, he did already know the truth...

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1295658669' post='2590004']
Entrapment is illegal in the civilised world.
[/quote]
Well it's a good thing we don't live in one. Sting or no sting it still demonstrated intent.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658586' post='2589996']
Stings can also lead to entrapment, which is not legally acceptable. Bad example.
[/quote]

I don't recall ever reading that in the unabridged codex of law for planet bob.

It could be because such a thing doesn't exist.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295658729' post='2590011']
No it's not. Stings and entrapment are two different things. It was Dajobo's idea that Lennox approach VE. It's impossible for it to have been entrapment without the aid of psychic powers.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]According to Lennox he was talking to Impero at the same time, maybe slightly before, he spoke to Dajobo.[/color]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658931' post='2590021']

[/quote]

It's right after the entry on what makes a CB legitimate.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658931' post='2590021']

[/quote]

I disagreed with a real world law example, so did you. So we both agree the example was bad. Good. Now we can move on.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295658836' post='2590018']
No they didn't. In all the logs I've seen it's been Lennox who came to the NpO. Lennox who asked who to spy. Lennox who said he had screenshots. Lennox who posted them twice. Dajobo at one point said he could not support spying. The only thing he ever did was ask for the screenshots to be rehosted so they could actually be opened and that was before he knew what they were. He then answered Lennox's question about how the two alliance's warchests compared, but that's it.

Impero was correct in one thing in his chat with Dajobo, he did already know the truth...
[/quote]
You didn't read the logs hard enough then.

1) Lennox came to Dajobo; if this thread is any indication it was just to stir up trouble
2) Lennox suggested he spy on MHA for Dajobo
3) Dajobo says "spy on VE or MK instead"
4) ???
5) Lennox delivers VE information to Dajobo which he happily accepts and discusses casually

Dajobo is not without fault. He suggested and accepted spied information. He was happy to take spied information from VE, delivered by Lennox. If it had been information from MHA, MHA would be dealing with this situation instead. But Dajobo told him to spy VE instead, then took the information. Dajobo did wrong.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658641' post='2590000']
Then why bother with a fake CB? Why not just declare war "for the hell of it"? Are they too cowardly to give into their passion?
[/quote]

You keep talking about cowardice, but at least they had the proverbial balls to declare war in the first place. Right or wrong, the war is here. I thought NSO would just be happy enough at that alone.

[quote name='Master-Debater' timestamp='1295657430' post='2589908']
Also: We should see some white peace starting soon here and let VE and NpO blow their own stupid asses up.
[/quote]
I think this is the smartest idea I've heard since the beginning of the war.

So, a poor CB gets poorer. Why should I expect more from the likes of VE, again?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1295658842' post='2590019']
Well it's a good thing we don't live in one. Sting or no sting it still demonstrated intent.
[/quote]

I am very very ambivalent to this war, but the side I'd pick if a gun was to my head changed with this thread.