Impero's Game: The Truth About the Alleged Spying and Evidence of Deception

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658151' post='2589955']
So you thought It'd be a good idea to publicly post information we're already rolling Polar for taking? Most people dumping spied info are usually smart enough to try and hide their identities.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, everyone has seen it now. Does that mean you now have to kill everyone? :smug:[/color]

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hullean' timestamp='1295657830' post='2589933']
I take it you cannot read too well when Imperio tells Lennox to [b]Download[/b] them and re-upload them in his usual manner. Easy enough to change extension
[/quote]
It is completely unnecessary. It involves opening up each individual file and saving it as another format.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295658176' post='2589958']
"Impereo" didn't tell him to edit the screens. He told him to find a new provider.

Changing the format to an inferior pixel quality makes no sense. Changing host provider also makes no sense, as [OOC] tinypic is completely anonymous [/ooc].[/quote]Keep grasping at those straws and maybe they'll change reality.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295658001' post='2589940']
Rule of law has disappeared? Doubtful. And here's why....

If you march to war without a damned good reason to, and you lose, you risk being couped. If you're a smaller alliance, you risk disbandment. When your members come to you and ask you why they've all been ZIed, you'd better have a much better reason to give than, "we just wanted to go to war with someone". I'd like to think that most alliance leaders respect their members a little more than that, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case. Most of the people who are at war are completely out of touch with the politics behind it. It's kinda sad, really, to think that their faith that they've placed in their leaders to use their nations responsibly, has actually been given to leaders who regard their nations as disposable napkins and use them "just because".

It is this principal that enforces the laws of political responsibility. Those that don't obey the laws will still stumble around on Bob for a little while until they have a really big blunder, or enough blunders to erase themselves from our presence. If you are despicable, you will reap the consequences in some way, shape, form, or fashion.
[/quote]

On the other hand, I'd argue that going to war with someone because they are part of a rival block and present a threat to you would benefit your members more, even with the risks, than going to war with someone did something to piss you off or violate your sovereignty, but without actually tangibly damaging you. In practice, the latter just tends to be a pretext for the former anyway.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658027' post='2589942']
So CN finally gets it's war, and NSO (who believe themselves to be a "do something about it" alliance) tries to complain.

Shut up and war. You guys are unbelievable.
[/quote]

Complaining? Sir, I think you mis-read us. I see no complaining. RV has decided to point out how ridiculously fooled some people have become. Those who continue to support the heinous actions of VE are no better than he who perpetrated it himself.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295658190' post='2589961']
I think you missed the point. Why would he switch the extensions again? Makes no sense to do it twice unless someone was editing them and and carelessly saved them in a different format.
[/quote]

He was told to re-upload them to make them not as suspicious, so as told, He changed the .ext's to make them less suspicious.

Edited by keenu

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1295656515' post='2589842']
A few days ago I saw a world in peril. It was dying from its own decadence and sloth. I, being the caring fellow I am, decided I had to act. The world needed not a hero, but something else. Something like me. So I did what I did best, whatever it is I did. I breathed new life into this world, and brought it back from the dead. So in a way, I'm sort of like Jesus
[/quote]

Oh Christ... :facepalm:

[size="1"]yeah, pun intended...[/size]

This changes my opinion of the war pretty significantly quite naturally.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295658151' post='2589955']
So you thought It'd be a good idea to publicly post information we're already rolling Polar [s]for taking[/s] because we just handed it to them? Most people dumping spied info are usually smart enough to try and hide their identities.
[/quote]

Stop lying about what you did, and do something about this.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1295658027' post='2589942']
So CN finally gets it's war, and NSO (who believe themselves to be a "do something about it" alliance) tries to complain.

Shut up and war. You guys are unbelievable.
[/quote]
Yes, propaganda during a war is unbelievable!

It's also worth noting that the fact that it was a set-up or not is not an important debate to the core of the CB. Just as police may set up a sting operation, the only thing that matters is whether the criminals take the bait or not. People keep trying to push the debate back to whether or not VE set up the information. Whether true or not does not alter the legitimacy of the CB. As much as people want to prove or disprove it, it's completely irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that Dajobo directed Lennox at VE, and then happily accepted what he believed to be spied information. Whether the information was real, or whether Lennox was playing anyone, or whether VE gave to Lennox on purpose for a "sting" of some kind, are all completely irrelevant facts. The CB is that NpO condoned spying on VE. Which they did. That's it.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295658222' post='2589962']
Karma was a convenient little buzzword that seemed appropriate and was a convenient banner to rally round, that's all it ever was. So can we please drop this terrible rhetoric that dates back almost two years ago? I feel like this is in every other post I read when it has something to do with an alliance that fought with the Karma coalition doing ~bad things~

Give it a rest and find a new party line. This one is as old, tired and ineffective as UPN is.
[/quote]

Some choose to still claim they are honorable and just. Yet the injustice they perpetrate is exactly what led them to take down the powers that be in Karma. They have become what they opposed. The rhetoric highlights reality. Sometimes people need those glasses before they can see.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658320' post='2589972']
Complaining? Sir, I think you mis-read us. I see no complaining. RV has decided to point out how ridiculously fooled some people have become. Those who continue to support the heinous actions of VE are no better than he who perpetrated it himself.
[/quote]

Do something about it then :awesome:

Even if it is just coming and defending your ally Hydra.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295658190' post='2589961']
I think you missed the point. Why would he switch the extensions again? Makes no sense to do it twice unless someone was editing them and and carelessly saved them in a different format.
[/quote]

You both may be missing the point. Its simply a matter of where you upload the images or whatever file type you prefer. I uploaded my images to imageshack and flickr because Impero didn't want to use his own photobucket/flickr/etc.etc. account. This has nothing to do with file type, it has everything to do with trying to clean the blood off your hands.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Lennox

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295657841' post='2589934']
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
[/quote]

I have no idea if it was a sting operation or not, but either way Polar showed they were willing and eager to spy and be involved in handling the agent. Sting operation or not that still shows plenty enough hostility on Polar's part to make a CB for VE.

Everybody knows and has known that it was a sting operation. That was the only scenario that explained VE's actions in their rush to war, such as: Refusing to negotiate with Dajobo when he went to them with the contraband the very next day. Refusing to wait for even 1 day for RoK to give them approval to attack Polar. Keeping Lennox on as a member after he "spied". The collection of blatant lies they have told throughout this affair.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that it probably won't matter. The people that are rolling with VE don't/won't care about the truth and the unaligned probably won't care enough, or have balls enough, to stand up for the truth.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295658430' post='2589981']
It's also worth noting that the fact that it was a set-up or not is not an important debate to the core of the CB. Just as police may set up a sting operation, the only thing that matters is whether the criminals take the bait or not. People keep trying to push the debate back to whether or not VE set up the information. Whether true or not does not alter the legitimacy of the CB. As much as people want to prove or disprove it, it's completely irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that Dajobo directed Lennox at VE, and then happily accepted what he believed to be spied information. Whether the information was real, or whether Lennox was playing anyone, or whether VE gave to Lennox on purpose for a "sting" of some kind, are all completely irrelevant facts. The CB is that NpO condoned spying on VE. Which they did. That's it.
[/quote]

^^ This :smug:

We're at war people. Stop talking, start fighting :nuke:

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Katsumi' timestamp='1295658408' post='2589977']
Stop lying about what you did, and do something about this.
[/quote]

Ohh the "do something about it" provocation! You are so clever and witty, what ever shall I do now that this classic grade school retort has rendered me totally unable to respond!

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295658283' post='2589968']
Keep grasping at those straws and maybe they'll change reality.
[/quote]
Grasping at straws? I'm sorry, you're the one trying to make us believe that impereo took screenshots of his own forums and gave them over to Lennox using an anonymous file extension. Then Lennox decided to edit the files to give them poorer pixel quality and upload them onto not one, but two image providers [after he [ooc] messed up the sharing function on imageshack [/ooc].

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295658320' post='2589972']
[/quote]

"VE did something mean". Yeah, Sir, complaining. I guarantee the greater population on "VE's side" don't care if it's all a set up.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295657787' post='2589930']
[color="#0000FF"]Earlier today Heft approached Impero with an offer of mediation, which Impero declined because "it wasn't the OWF." We're simply doing as Impero told us to, and bring the show here.[/color]
[/quote]
Sounds like a plan. I hope it works out well for you.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295658430' post='2589981']

[/quote]

Stings can also lead to entrapment, which is not legally acceptable. Bad example.