Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?
[/quote]

Despite the paranoia Polar has been harboring about us ever since blaming us for WotC, we really don't have a giant Polar hate on going round.

Sure we think they are a little crazy since the BiPolar shens, but no feelings strong enough to motivate us into trying to randomly roll them. Our diplomatic interactions over time have all been focused on closer relations, truly we even have more than one common ally. If we were simply looking for somebody to roll we'd have gone for something less politically inconvenient like every bodies favorite boogey man NPO, whom we have no common allies with.

Back off the tinfoil-hattery a bit, sometimes things really are that straight forward, Polar sent us a spy, this is not something we take lightly, end of story.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, [b]or was it a set up?[/b]
[/quote]

I used every tool at my disposal this evening to try and match up the mibbit hostname with known ones of Lennox and came up with nothing ...

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1295317068' post='2579405']
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't VE both PB and SF? How could he hope to cause a war between the two.
[/quote]
They are not in SF, though they hold a number of treaties with SF alliances.

-Bama

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1295317062' post='2579404']
Ruh Roh.. Typical Karma excuses, and oh yeah, I was on the other side of that war.. and I will admit to the wrong, but your guys not only turned out just as bad as we were, you turned out worse. And to this day still make up excuses defending your actions to something under the bridge..

This was exactly the same situation 19 alliances band wagon jumped on NPO for, and now one of your bigger players is doing the samething.. Too bad there isn't enough people that care about Polar to pull together and crush the VE side.. I personally am one that would love to see it..

Oh yeah if my comments give you a CB.. then so be it.. Come curbstomp lil ol me too.. I care less about pixles.
[/quote]

U mad? Seriously though, lets not go down that path. As for a CB, I am all for free speech. I don't know where you think I have ever rolled anyone for talking crap. My actions? I am in the peanut gallery here making commentary and engaging in some political debate.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1295316457' post='2579350']
To be fair, that's not exactly things that helps him in spying.
[/quote]

Above and beyond that, he took the info, discussed said information, and nowhere in the conversation, admonished his source for giving the info. Id call it quite the difference.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295317156' post='2579416']
I have no connection to this fight, I'm just posting what I want to see. I don't like subtlety all that much. However, in the name of ~tact~, I have edited my post.
[/quote]

Ah yes, I see you have.

And I never said you were involved, just pointing out the sudden lack of subtly, given other posters being vauge with hoping things "escalate properly".

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295317174' post='2579418']
Despite the paranoia Polar has been harboring about us ever since blaming us for WotC, we really don't have a giant Polar hate on going round.

Sure we think they are a little crazy since the BiPolar shens, but no feelings strong enough to motivate us into trying to randomly roll them. Our diplomatic interactions over time have all been focused on closer relations, truly we even have more than one common ally. If we were simply looking for somebody to roll we'd have gone for something less politically inconvenient like every bodies favorite boogey man NPO, whom we have no common allies with.

Back off the tinfoil-hattery a bit, sometimes things really are that straight forward, Polar sent us a spy, this is not something we take lightly, end of story.
[/quote]
I have nothing against VE, but I noticed public trends that don't generally reflect your stated feelings toward Polar. Also, I'm not aware of Polar paranoia regarding VE specifically. It's more like common knowledge by now that PB collectively has been looking for a good reason to roll Polar for some time.

[/quote]

But yet you still avoid Pez's question as to how this alleged Lennox obtained such information.

[/quote]
Oh come on, you can't think we're that stupid can you? Maybe you weren't the brains behind the operation, but I can't believe there are very many people who believe that your side started this war over what's contained in the OP.

[quote name='empirica' timestamp='1295317407' post='2579438']
I have nothing against VE, but I noticed public trends that don't generally reflect your stated feelings toward Polar. Also, I'm not aware of Polar paranoia regarding VE specifically. It's more like common knowledge by now that PB collectively has been looking for a good reason to roll Polar for some time.
[/quote]

I'd think of no other reason why I'd want to roll an alliance who when given a legitimate shot to finally take down the side that has been a problem for awhile only to have switch sides to save their own skins and take us out to the slaughter would ever [i]think[/i] about wanting Polaris rolled.

No idea at all.

Also hi empi :)