Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='empirica' timestamp='1295317785' post='2579477']
I'm on IRC once a week at best and routinely hear from people who have no reason to lie that it is so. Coupled with public postings, it makes an impression. Sometimes a negative one, you know those are the ones that stick.
[/quote]

Fair enough. But are you hearing it personally from PBers, or from secondary sources (with biases and axes to grind themselves)?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295317878' post='2579493']
How the hell would I know? Why not ask him?

I think if the past years of relative peace and boredom have proven anything its that we are quite happy to let people live in peace if they do not provoke us unduly, and even then they have to work hard at it. The six million dollar war took direct aid to a rogue after being told point blank it would mean war, this war took an active spy. Mean while we ignore just about every provocation short of direct attack on us. The WCE logs showed a coalition channel of people trying to figure out how to roll us and we didn't act on that.

You may not like to admit it, but you have to work pretty hard at it to get a DoW out of us.
[/quote]

and both were and are complete !@#$%^&*.

What's the line now, "we're not as bad as NPO because Dajobo suggested a name"?

A high ranking government official knowing the identity of someone who joined VE with the intent on spying and who then also accepted information over an extended period of time from that person is not at all the same as what started Karma. If you can't see the difference you are completely thick.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295318372' post='2579550']
Fair enough. But are you hearing it personally from PBers, or from secondary sources (with biases and axes to grind themselves)?
[/quote]
A little of both, with enough diversity for it to warrant as a little more than gossip. When it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's probably not a chicken. I'm not one to make snap judgments, and I'm pretty disappointed in a whole bunch of stuff at the moment. The approximate 20 hour time span from problem to DoW being one of them.

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1295318521' post='2579566']
A high ranking government official knowing the identity of someone who joined VE with the intent on spying and who then also accepted information over an extended period of time from that person is not at all the same as what started Karma. If you can't see the difference you are completely thick.
[/quote]

Or intentionally obtuse.

[color="#FF0000"]War is only immoral when you are losing. Please stop the "You are just as bad as Hegemony" crap. PB/CnG have been very lenient on Polar and the rest of the world. If I was in their shoes, I would have rolled tanks when they were caught with their pants down trying to orchestrate their destruction. Only the strong survive.[/color]

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1295318521' post='2579566']
[/quote]
Yes it is.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?
[/quote]

We have never been gunning for Polaris. The fact that people throw that deranged thought around like a bull whip really chaps my hind. We had let bygones be bygones but Polar in her infinite wisdom was running around like a headless chicken that we were out to get them for BiPolar, SpyGate with Chickenzilla, and Bleu vs DF.

[quote name='Sooner' timestamp='1295318789' post='2579586']
We have never been gunning for Polaris. The fact that people throw that deranged thought around like a bull whip really chaps my hind. We had let bygones be bygones but Polar in her infinite wisdom was running around like a headless chicken that we were out to get them for BiPolar, SpyGate with Chickenzilla, and Bleu vs DF.
[/quote]
You could also tell the truth and just admit you want to fight Polar. Stop lying clown.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1295318670' post='2579576']
[color="#FF0000"]War is only immoral when you are losing. Please stop the "You are just as bad as Hegemony" crap. PB/CnG have been very lenient on Polar and the rest of the world. If I was in their shoes, I would have rolled tanks when they were caught with their pants down trying to orchestrate their destruction. Only the strong survive.[/color]
[/quote]

Not much room for the truth in your CN is there?

[/quote]

And are you also going to ignore the big question? "Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?"

Or can all you offer is 'how the hell do I know' like Monsieur Typo?

Edited by Rayvon

[color="#0000FF"]I know you only brought in two allies, but it's still a curbstomp in case you were going to say otherwise. I just figured I'd get that out in the open.[/color]

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Ah yes, Chickenzilla and his access to your top secret resignations forum. How could we ever forget?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia