Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1295319994' post='2579695']
The truth is you are a lying clown. I don't see why you are ashamed to admit you want to fight us. What is so shameful of wanting to fight someone you dislike? I personally dislike clowns like yourself and your weasel friends, and I have no problem fighting you.
[/quote]

Penchuk, you can look are your embassy in our forums and see that we have not had a problem with Polar. In fact when Polar representatives came to improve relations, we welcomed them with open gestures. Why are you so obsessed with us warring you or that we will fight you?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295320061' post='2579701']
Oh wow! I HAVE spotted a huge difference. In that situation, NPO attacked in the middle of negotiations. In this situation, VE didn't even bother to talk to NpO about it at all.
[/quote]
Well that's not totally true. To be fair Dajobo, approached Impero and Impero told us to shove off! It's all good though, results are results yes?

I don't understand any of your posts TheMVP. This is seriously interfering with my reading pleasure.

I like that NpO is blaming VE for making them responsible for a casus belli. "oh come on now, if you hadn't have shown your ugly face I wouldn't have slapped you!"

Guess their own trickery got the best of them this time.
:rolleyes:

Looking over this it seems like there's a hell of a lot of foul play afoot. I normally would have just assumed it was Lennox's shenanigans, but it certainly seems like VE played a role in the set-up.

At the very least, they didn't play the friendly neighbor. Lennox sent that information on Sunday at 10pm, and VE jumped on it within a days notice?

You're not that impressive - pretty sure you were getting ready before then.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1295319994' post='2579695']
The truth is you are a lying clown. I don't see why you are ashamed to admit you want to fight us. What is so shameful of wanting to fight someone you dislike? I personally dislike clowns like yourself and your weasel friends, and I have no problem fighting you.
[/quote]
Clowns? I guess originality is underestimated after all. :v:

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1295318751' post='2579584']
Yes it is.
[/quote]
Thank you for the well thought out argument and counterpoint, and here I was afraid the quality of debate had diminished, glad to see it is at the level I remember.

In all seriousness, if you can not see the difference between NpO's regent having knowledge of the identity of a spy in VE and not only withholding that information but accepting information himself over an extended period of time and SethB accepting a screenshot from an anonymous source provided by a "spy ring" that everyone and their brother knew about one time then you are hopeless.

Wait.. did anyone else really read the logs?

Did that dude ask the polar gov, how was polars warchest compared to VE's warchest.. Doesn't it smell like a little VE spying on Polar, and planting the set up at the same time?

[img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/Impero55/screenshot20110116at100.png[/img]

not that the whole convo doesn't seem suspect.. But the last few lines there seem pretty interesting.

So, lets see, some 3 day old noob gets access to sensitive VE information..
He gives it all to Polar
Then all the sudden has a change of heart, and runs to VE and confesses
but after asking how much was polars warchest..
Then 20 hours later, an extremely early DoW because of Peace Jumpers?

Not to defend Polar.. but, dirty and very taboo trickery deserves to be called out, and VE is playing it here.

Edited by PMoses

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1295320197' post='2579711']
Hi folks

There will be a full statement shortly but I will just address a point or two right now. Firstly I thought Lennox was a friend and I really didn't give a crap if he wanted to stir up an alliance who hate us. That said I didn't tell him to go spy on VE, I told him VE and MK would be interesting places as they are heavily involved in world politics.

On the only charge that has substance, I did indeed receive screenshots from Lennox. Until he uploaded them to a different place I didn't know that and it's hard not to receive a PM on a forum!
I did indeed look at them as well and didn't call him out on the thought in my mind, why would a member of just a few days be given warchest information? After we talked I dismissed them in my mind as bogus and didn't even tell my own Govt of there existence because I believed them to be bogus, Lennox being `cool`.

Before there was any DOW today and indeed before anybody from VE of their allies had spoke to me us this matter I attempted to talk to them and offered them full logs of everyword said. They didn't even want to talk because they had (quote Impero)"i have the truth already".
To state the obvious here, when an alliance thinks they have been spied on they want info and logs. When they don't what info or logs you damn well they weren't spied on at all.

This has been disappointing for me on two levels, one I was set up and too blinded by trust in a friend to realise it until it happened, and two because finding out a friend isn't a friend always sucks.

On your trumped up charge of spying though I know the truth and so do our friends and allies.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Good question. How did he get access to war chest information? Does VE give that information to just anyone? When I was an FA big wig in NSO not even I was privy to war chest information. Surely little ol' we can't us better at keeping secrets than VE!

So, what's happening VE? Did you decide to make an exception for this new member of yours or are you just exceptionally incompetent? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't feel like admitting to either, but between you and me and everyone else, it's one or the other.[/color]

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295318896' post='2579597']
Not much room for the truth in your CN is there?
[/quote]

To his credit, DictatorDan has only the second largest hard-on for Polar on these forums. The correlation coefficient between us being brought up in a thread and his presence in that thread is a paltry 98%.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1295320195' post='2579710']
But this is our 3rd time in this position.
[/quote]

Ragnarok has no excuse not to back their allies in this war. Apart form the purely legal, you should see through the bull for the sake of your ACTUAL ally and see the set-up. Give me a break. I don't have a treaty with Polar. And I have no particular love. But I hope to Admin this escalates and I get to do the right thing where you've failed.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1295320197' post='2579711']
Hi folks

There will be a full statement shortly but I will just address a point or two right now. Firstly I thought Lennox was a friend and I really didn't give a crap if he wanted to stir up an alliance who hate us. That said I didn't tell him to go spy on VE, I told him VE and MK would be interesting places as they are heavily involved in world politics.

On the only charge that has substance, I did indeed receive screenshots from Lennox. Until he uploaded them to a different place I didn't know that and it's hard not to receive a PM on a forum!
I did indeed look at them as well and didn't call him out on the thought in my mind, why would a member of just a few days be given warchest information? After we talked I dismissed them in my mind as bogus and didn't even tell my own Govt of there existence because I believed them to be bogus, Lennox being `cool`.

Before there was any DOW today and indeed before anybody from VE of their allies had spoke to me us this matter I attempted to talk to them and offered them full logs of everyword said. They didn't even want to talk because they had (quote Impero)"i have the truth already".
To state the obvious here, when an alliance thinks they have been spied on they want info and logs. When they don't what info or logs you damn well they weren't spied on at all.

This has been disappointing for me on two levels, one I was set up and too blinded by trust in a friend to realise it until it happened, and two because finding out a friend isn't a friend always sucks.

On your trumped up charge of spying though I know the truth and so do our friends and allies.
[/quote]
Don't be upset. I got screwed by a friend once too.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295320481' post='2579731']
[color="#0000FF"]Good question. How did he get access to war chest information? Does VE give that information to just anyone?[/color]
[/quote]

I've already asked several times ... The only offered answer from Viridia is "how the hell should I know?"

Edited by Rayvon

[color="#0000FF"]Good question. How did he get access to war chest information? Does VE give that information to just anyone? When I was an FA big wig in NSO not even I was privy to war chest information. Surely little ol' we can't us better at keeping secrets than VE!
[/color]
[/quote]

Did they also keep secret the deep mysteries of logical fallacies while you were an FA big wig, RV? :v:

So, what's happening VE? Did you decide to make an exception for this new member of yours or are you just exceptionally incompetent? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't feel like admitting to either, but between you and me and everyone else, it's one or the other.[/color]
[/quote]
VE has check in's for all their batalions where warchests are posted. Anyone with a member mask and the time to read through it all has access to that information.

[quote name='Taget' timestamp='1295320299' post='2579719']
Yawn. Another lame "spying" CB. I mean not that I mind. A war is a war. And every CB is lame. But I would've liked something at least original for a change.

But hey. At least there is finally a war.
[/quote]

What exactly would constitute an "original" CB these days, out of curiosity?

In any event, the only thing that's cuter than VE being called out on quickly acting against actions meant to harm their alliance is VE being blamed for said actions in the first place.

At least someone in PB is willing to start a war without sitting around all day trying to provoke others into attacking, so good job on that at least. It seems this one might turn out interesting with both sides having a lot of allies they could potentially pull in, I wonder who SF will side with here.

Edited by Methrage