Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295321108' post='2579778']
So I guess the real questions are:

1. Did Lennox set up Polar on his own and VE is just rolling with it no matter how obvious it is?
2. Did Lennox set up Polar working for VE?

I mean we all know its a set up but, just how much is VE involved? The war is on anyway I do not suppose anyone at VE will come clean and lets us know if they were the (knowing) pawns or the master minds? The only problem is its so clearly a set up who is this suppose to convince?
[/quote]

Give me a break. Just look at the timeline. Option #2 plz, tbb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1295321375' post='2579798']
Well at least VE got set up and did not do the setting up. Still you think they would have bothered to look into things before jumping into war.
[/quote]

Oh, I don't think I'd insult VE's intelligence by saying they were too stupid to know what was going on.

Ok, now it is just a bit overkill.

3 alliances totaling out to around 20 million strength declaring war on 1 alliance of about 16.5 million strength over logs that may or may not be manufactured; when even in those logs it is someone outside of NpO who infiltrated on his own free will while the guy from NpO just talked to him for $h*ts and giggles.

If it would have been VE & PC or VE & iFok, I could understand. That evens out the numbers in strength and in players. But all 3 of you against 1 is a little disproportionate and by disproportionate, I mean Mike Tyson VS. 1 Mike Tyson & 2 Manny Pacquiaos.

So, I guess you could say, "it was fair until..............".

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295321322' post='2579796']
Right on the money. People don't understand that there are some cases where ~white peace for everyone~ is a bad policy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Did Random telling you what he thought of you really bruise your ego [i]that much[/i]? Poor baby.... :( [/color]

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1295321463' post='2579801']
Funny how FAN was hailed for rolling MFO over 1 rouge and not using diplomacy.

VE rolls NpO when their 2nd in command is caught spying and suddenly everyone is a critic again.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I like FAN. I don't like MFO.

I like NpO. I don't like VE.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295321046' post='2579771']
... it isn't really going to get all that interesting.
[/quote]
RoK doesn't plan to help NpO here at all? Considering VE went ahead and declared on NpO despite their treaties with RoK, they wouldn't really have any room to complain if you guys defended NpO against some of these alliances you guys aren't treatied to directly who attacked. :\

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1295321242' post='2579789']
TOP isn't saying it. I am.
[/quote]

Well for your sake, I hope your alliance can continue to do what it does best, and kick the other alliance in the ribs while its down. Cause I would hope Grub holds you to the same standards if By some miracle Polar can find a way outta this curbstomp.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295321066' post='2579775']
[color="#0000FF"]So, both? Are you telling me that VE gives sensitive information to just anyone and is exceptionally incompetent? Wow! Most people wouldn't want to admit to that.[/color]
[/quote]
It isn't an uncommon practice I have seen it done in most alliances I have been in. If you have a member mask and too much time on your hands you can get this info from most anyone.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295321213' post='2579787']
[color="#0000FF"]From my chats with Lennox tonight, it seems the former is the case. He wasn't too pleased with BiPolar, and he being bored, decided to set up Polar to start a war.[/color]
[/quote]
Lennox's plan should have failed because Dajabo should have either went to VE immediately upon learning that there was a spy in the alliance and never accepted the info. Instead he helped him name the nation that he was creating with the express intent of spying and then accepted the information from it. When he screwed up [b]he[/b] screwed his alliance, not VE, not Lennox.

Edited by King Srqt

VE rolls NpO when their 2nd in command is caught spying and suddenly everyone is a critic again.
[/quote]

Hailed by who exactly? At least some of us voiced our displeasure at FAN's actions...

[quote name='Crazy Crazy' timestamp='1295321483' post='2579804']
Ok, now it is just a bit overkill.

3 alliances totaling out to around 20 million strength declaring war on 1 alliance of about 16.5 million strength over logs that may or may not be manufactured; when even in those logs it is someone outside of NpO who infiltrated on his own free will while the guy from NpO just talked to him for $h*ts and giggles.

If it would have been VE & PC or VE & iFok, I could understand. That evens out the numbers in strength and in players. But all 3 of you against 1 is a little disproportionate and by disproportionate, I mean Mike Tyson VS. 1 Mike Tyson & 2 Manny Pacquiaos.

So, I guess you could say, "it was fair until..............".
[/quote]

There's an important aspect of war, not sure if you've heard of it before. It's called 'strategy'.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295321485' post='2579805']
[color="#0000FF"]Did Random telling you what he thought of you really bruise your ego [i]that much[/i]? Poor baby.... :( [/color]

[color="#0000FF"]I like FAN. I don't like MFO.

I like NpO. I don't like VE.[/color]
[/quote]
random knows how to hit people where it hurts. Its why he's one of the best damned leaders and players this game has ever witnessed.

I for one will enjoy stomping VE into dust over this trumped up war.

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1295321560' post='2579811']
Well for your sake, I hope your alliance can continue to do what it does best, and kick the other alliance in the ribs while its down. Cause I would hope Grub holds you to the same standards if By some miracle Polar can find a way outta this curbstomp.
[/quote]

When exactly did TOP kick other alliances in the ribs while they were down? Facts man! FACTS!

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1295321627' post='2579817']
There's an important aspect of war, not sure if you've heard of it before. It's called 'strategy'.
[/quote]

I also don't think it's really fair to say that 20M to 16.5M is some kind of overkill or absurd curbstomp. That's one of the closer fights I've seen in my many years here.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295321485' post='2579806']
RoK doesn't plan to help NpO here at all? Considering VE went ahead and declared on NpO despite their treaties with RoK, they wouldn't really have any room to complain if you guys defended NpO against some of these alliances you guys aren't treatied to directly who attacked. :\
[/quote]
I do seem to remember a time when quite a few of the world leaders espoused a policy of "If one ally of mine attacks another ally of mine, the attacking alliance will get dropped" or something similar. I know the treaty web has only worsened since then, but I must admit to liking that policy. Short lived though it seemed.

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1295321560' post='2579812']
It isn't an uncommon practice I have seen it done in most alliances I have been in. If you have a member mask and too much time on your hands you can get this info from most anyone.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Most alliances give access to war chest information to everyone? Are you sure about that? Not even NSO does that, and you know what people say about NSO (not that it's true or anything, but you know what they say)....[/color]

[quote]Lennox's plan should have failed because Dajabo should have either went to VE immediately upon learning that there was a spy in the alliance and never accepted the info. Instead he helped him name the nation that he was creating with the express intent of spying and then accepted the information from it. When he screwed up [b]he[/b] screwed his alliance, not VE, not Lennox.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I read the logs. Dajabo seemed pretty disinterested to me.[/color]

[quote name='empirica' timestamp='1295321719' post='2579826']
I do seem to remember a time when quite a few of the world leaders espoused a policy of "If one ally of mine attacks another ally of mine, the attacking alliance will get dropped" or something similar. I know the treaty web has only worsened since then, but I must admit to liking that policy. Short lived though it seemed.
[/quote]

I don't remember that time. I just remember, "I will drop those treaties who are on the losing side of the war."

Edited by Emperor Brutus

[/quote]
Because if literally anyone but FAN does it they'll be criticized. I do prefer consistency and criticize(d) both actions.

[/quote]

It is like....you are in my head.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295321700' post='2579824']
I also don't think it's really fair to say that 20M to 16.5M is some kind of overkill or absurd curbstomp. That's one of the closer fights I've seen in my many years here.
[/quote]

Indeed (which is why I didn't say it :P). I was explaining the line-up to Crazy Crazy.