Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295316557' post='2579359']
Well, the real reason for the Karma war was the NPO attack in the middle of negotiations. Since we are splitting hairs and all.
[/quote]

And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really annoying to see a DoW when you're still obtaining the story from both sides. On the one hand, I can see how this could be trumped into a CB. I can also see where the detractors are coming from. My first indication that something was wrong was last night at 12:30 EST. I was afk at the time and could not return until 9:30am. I heard an explanation from one side, and have been patiently waiting ever since for word from the other side. And my understanding is that there are time zone issues between the accused and the attackers, further complicating matters.

Like many in this world, I have friends on both sides. At this point, I can wish you both godspeed and good luck, but not too much luck on destroying each other.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1295315555' post='2579252']
Dajobo clearly stated twice that he would have nothing to do with spying. Your CB boils down to "he accepted screenshots."
[/quote]
Sounds famliar, eh?

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1295315991' post='2579303']
Is that not pretty much what kicked of Karma? OV/Seth accepted screens?

(I was absent that point in time and still have not gotten that full story - that's a legit question)
[/quote]
Yup, and NPO/TORN got ridiculed for it to, so...[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295316781' post='2579384']
And the real reason for this attack is that these folks have been gunning for Polar for ages, and they took what they can get. Speaking of, how, exactly, did Lennox get VE's warchest info after only being in the alliance for just a couple days? Is VE just that lax, or was it a set up?
[/quote]

So if you know people are gunning for you why walking into a situation that can get you killed? Setup or not, why walk into the trap? If you smell rotten fish, get the hell away from the river!

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1295315545' post='2579250']
I hate to admit it but the game ruiners are right on this one. God Speed VE.
[/quote]

Maybe, but I am glad that NpO is an alliance that spies. We need more of them. Spying is part of the game. Hopefully some significant alliance throws a curveball and makes this war grand.

I also like Bye Polar War.

Edited by SpoiL

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295316957' post='2579396']
So if you know people are gunning for you why walking into a situation that can get you killed? Setup or not, why walk into the trap? If you smell rotten fish, get the hell away from the river!
[/quote]

Why are there rotten fish in the river? :iiam:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295316374' post='2579345']
Allow me to be the voice of reason here. The main difference between this and the Karma situation is in this case, as the current evidence points, Dajaboo helped the dude pick his nation and ruler name and then pointed him in the direction to go. If I remember correctly all SethB did was accept screen shots.

So, while similar, this situation is different because of the level of involvement of the Polar contact.
[/quote]

Ruh Roh.. Typical Karma excuses, and oh yeah, I was on the other side of that war.. and I will admit to the wrong, but your guys not only turned out just as bad as we were, you turned out worse. And to this day still make up excuses defending your actions to something under the bridge..

This was exactly the same situation 19 alliances band wagon jumped on NPO for, and now one of your bigger players is doing the samething.. Too bad there isn't enough people that care about Polar to pull together and crush the VE side.. I personally am one that would love to see it..

Oh yeah if my comments give you a CB.. then so be it.. Come curbstomp lil ol me too.. I care less about pixles.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1295316551' post='2579357']
Remember, he was also a NSO member.

He was probably hoping to setup a PB vs. SF war on this one.
[/quote]
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't VE both PB and SF? How could he hope to cause a war between the two.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295316977' post='2579398']
Who else here is looking forward to the simultaneous annihilation of all three Orders?

I want to cast my vote in favour of the "Bye Polar War".
[/quote]

You're not even trying to be subtle now.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1295316957' post='2579396']
[/quote]

I agree with you on that part. I also realize that it doesn't really matter if it was a set up or not. (Though it pretty clearly is.) These are folks who have been gunning for polar for a very long time, and as such, I can't really blame them for taking the first chance they had to go for it. Regardless of the fairness of the situation, war is here, and all that anyone can do is fight.