Top Five Worst Alliances of All Time

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Ramlins (Not to be confused with the GRE prior to Ramlins or the GRE after his implosion) for completely destroying a perfectly good AA and seemingly causing the departure of more than a few members who were always quite nice in our embassies and TE alliance.

Yes, absolutely. It's not just that he killed the alliance, but that he did so publicly and argued, vehemently, with anyone who suggested that he was destroying the alliance. (As did some other Ramlins member whose name escapes me, but he may have had Oppenheimer as his avatar.) It was one of the most bizarre, public psychotic breaks in the history of CN.

I would add:

- Pre-Karma NPO.

- GGA. It's not for nothing that I once said that many alliances had their head(s) so far up the NPO's butt that they could see Bilrow's feet.

- Global Defense Initiative, largely as a result of their leader RyanGDI's pile-driving them into the ground.

- TPF under Slayer, for irrevocably destroying the IC/OOC line in order to satisfy one person's 100% OOC frustrations.

To their credit, post-Karma NPO and TPF under mhawk turned things around. My opinion of the NPO is now largely positive and TPF is pretty much irrelevant now so it's difficult to either like or dislike them.

That's a pretty terrible list. But then again, let's look at who wrote it.

Top 5 terrible alliances of all time is a dumb concept, but it should be decided by people who have been here the whole time, not some 6 month old child.

I won't give a list of bad alliances but I can give of list of alliances that were the easiest to fight.

1) NPL
2) LoSS
3) NATO
4) TPF
5) Legion

Edited by KenMorningstar

Yes, absolutely. It's not just that he killed the alliance, but that he did so publicly and argued, vehemently, with anyone who suggested that he was destroying the alliance. (As did some other Ramlins member whose name escapes me, but he may have had Oppenheimer as his avatar.) It was one of the most bizarre, public psychotic breaks in the history of CN.

I would add:

- Pre-Karma NPO.

- GGA. It's not for nothing that I once said that many alliances had their head(s) so far up the NPO's butt that they could see Bilrow's feet.

- Global Defense Initiative, largely as a result of their leader RyanGDI's pile-driving them into the ground.

- TPF under Slayer, for irrevocably destroying the IC/OOC line in order to satisfy one person's 100% OOC frustrations.

To their credit, post-Karma NPO and TPF under mhawk turned things around. My opinion of the NPO is now largely positive and TPF is pretty much irrelevant now so it's difficult to either like or dislike them.

I disagree about pre-Karma NPO.  I guess it depends on your definition of "worst".  I definitely hated them, but I don't think were objectively a "bad" alliance.  Definitely had their flaws, but they didn't dominate the game for several years by being completely incompetent.

1. GGA - Because LOL
2. Deinos - Moonbases!!!
3. Ramlins leading to the cancellation of an eternal MDAP & Dual membership
4. LoSS
5. Legacy - Seriously that 180 FA dump was impressive

Honourable Mentions go to

Marx-led \m/
2010 Winter / 2011 Spring Ragnarok
UPN under PeggySue
\b\
Supernova X
SOS Brigade

This is now an opinions thread. Plx post your opinions.

def 

Alot of hate to my alliances(losS/SNX) that just means we're doing something right but in all seriousness. Without drawing more attention to myself. Some of the more prepared members of my alliance has been putting it to you guys this war and you know it. Aint no chumps on this side.

Edited by DBLVZX

I am down with this frankly. Let Loki have his opinion though I would say that if an alliance makes the list, at least be able to explain why they are to be considered the one of the top 5 worst alliances of all time.

Of the five alliances I listed, I've been a member of three of them: MCXA, NPL, and GOONS. MI6 is based on my experiences with several of it's members, and SNX is basically a combination of a bunch of crappy alliances into one.