Disaster Hits Bob

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until this happened, it still could have been a basic beatdown. Now, TOP is in the equation and brings an entirely different set of chains into the equation.

The treaties they had before this were all a circlejerk of manageable-at-best alliances; now they have a monster at their side.

I wouldn't want to call Polar a 'monster'.  You're right about that circlejerk of other TOP allies though.

Edited by MutedFaith

Wow... this is what happens when your become less active and out of the loop... I almost choke when I saw that.

I actually always liked TOP despite something that they have against us.

Nice to see this, congrats to both alliances

By the way, this is one of the reasons that I put Dajobo in my "dream team" of alliance leaders on another thread.

Whoa. I knew I was out of touch, but I never saw this coming. I'm not a fan of TOP, but it's to Dajobo's credit that he hasn't hung onto old grudges. You'd never have got Grub signing a treaty like this.

Read the signatures to the treaty.

Whoa. I knew I was out of touch, but I never saw this coming. I'm not a fan of TOP, but it's to Dajobo's credit that he hasn't hung onto old grudges. You'd never have got Grub signing a treaty like this.

Signed for the New Polar Order
Imperator Emeritus - AlmightyGrub

Guess he's better at letting go of grudges than you thought.

Edited by Mergerberger II

I never thought I'd see the day where TOP forgives NpO for the BiPolar mess, but I'm actually happy to see this treaty. Considering CoJ is allied to NpO these days and we're allied to CoJ, that almost makes Confederatio Aesir and The Order of Paradox like distant cousins in a way.

Congrats to both alliances!

o7 Paradoxia

I never thought I'd see the day where TOP forgives NpO for the BiPolar mess, but I'm actually happy to see this treaty. Considering CoJ is allied to NpO these days and we're allied to CoJ, that almost makes Confederatio Aesir and The Order of Paradox like distant cousins in a way.

o7 Paradoxia

kiss of death

o7 Paradoxia

oh god what have i done

kiss of death

Wishful thinking on your part? The Parable of the Lost Son would be a more appropriate reference on my feelings. It felt like TOP had lost their perspective on things when they proceeded to blame everything that happened in BiPolar on Polaris and teamed up with the ones who rolled both alliances under a bus repeatedly after taking full advantage of some information to extract the biggest reps in history from TOP, even though everybody knew TOP and CnG were going to come to blows in that war anyways. Now they are back from their mission of revenge towards Polaris and I welcome them back.

If their line of thought was the most effective way to get revenge on Polaris was a temporary alliance with an enemy they could use to achieve that goal, then revenge on the rest could wait until after that had been taken care of, everything they've done makes sense. Maybe TOP learned a thing or two about how MK views and uses their treaty partners to achieve end goals with how they made Polaris fight on both sides of the war in BiPolar, then discarded them after the war when they were done with them (and proceeded to assist in rolling NpO a few times).

Edited by Methrage

Wishful thinking on your part? The Parable of the Lost Son would be a more appropriate reference on my feelings. It felt like TOP had lost their perspective on things when they proceeded to blame everything that happened in BiPolar on Polaris and teamed up with the ones who rolled both alliances under a bus repeatedly after taking full advantage of some information to extract the biggest reps in history from TOP, even though everybody knew TOP and CnG were going to come to blows in that war anyways. Now they are back from their mission of revenge towards Polaris and I welcome them back.

If their line of thought was the most effective way to get revenge on Polaris was a temporary alliance with an enemy they could use to achieve that goal, then revenge on the rest could wait until after that had been taken care of, everything they've done makes sense. Maybe TOP learned a thing or two about how MK views and uses their treaty partners to achieve end goals with how they made Polaris fight on both sides of the war in BiPolar, then discarded them after the war when they were done with them (and proceeded to assist in rolling NpO a few times).

While I appreciate the somewhat pro-TOP sentiment, just because we've signed with Polaris doesn't mean that the Unholy Alliance is in dire straits.

TOP you are now indirectly allied to Schatt and Thrash.

How do you feel?

I'm sure their main concern right now is that they are probably in bad terms with Bear Force One....

I'm glad this treaty became by far less "controversial" than it sounded when it was announced... and I think both parts expect it to be a long term one.

Mad respect for both parties, but it isn't like they're now some super team who rule the world. NPO/NG are still very powerful and in my opinion in control. That's what is so awesome. Instead of everyone trying to avoid damage they're willing to actually play the political game. I love it.

Only downside is everyone has forgotten about killing MK. Now that shit hole of terribleness can get away no matter which side holds the upper hand. They're like fucking cocka' roaches. Mad respect for them too though. Lots of chill folks there.

As much as I hate to bring up another pink elephant, I highly doubt MK is forgotten about it. There's plenty of alliances tied directly or one chain from both of the OP alliances that still want to set fire to Castle Hall.

Dunno if they'll get what they want, but either way this is a huge move and one of the most if not the most exciting things that has happened since, well, last time TOP treatied a former enemy. 

I'm sure their main concern right now is that they are probably in bad terms with Bear Force One....

I'm glad this treaty became by far less "controversial" than it sounded when it was announced... and I think both parts expect it to be a long term one.

Tbqh I don't care about TOP. They've not really got that many people around 20k NS for me to dance with.

As much as I hate to bring up another pink elephant, I highly doubt MK is forgotten about it. There's plenty of alliances tied directly or one chain from both of the OP alliances that still want to set fire to Castle Hall.

Dunno if they'll get what they want, but either way this is a huge move and one of the most if not the most exciting things that has happened since, well, last time TOP treatied a former enemy. 

Maybe because I knew 2 to 3 months in advance (because people actually cared about me then), but I didn't find the TOP-MK treaty very exciting. It actually increased boredom, but yea I agree this was extremely interesting. I am excited to see this. Of course, I haven't been this excited about FA since TOP's figurehead LM unleashed CC. So that might be what you mean.

I hope you're right on MK. Edited by Omniscient1

Wow... this is what happens when your become less active and out of the loop... I almost choke when I saw that.

I actually always liked TOP despite something that they have against us.

Nice to see this, congrats to both alliances

By the way, this is one of the reasons that I put Dajobo in my "dream team" of alliance leaders on another thread.

We don't have anything against you. I seized the opportunity to ridicule one of my enemies when it presented itself during wartime. That's all.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

at long last, our revenge upon the shrooms is upon us

the kingdom shall be ashes

:ph34r:

While I appreciate the somewhat pro-TOP sentiment, just because we've signed with Polaris doesn't mean that the Unholy Alliance is in dire straits.

With NpO being a member of XX, as well as XX and DR having ties to SF, I doubt we'll see them fight each other. So something has to break somewhere for a major war to eventually occur, maybe its just hopeful thinking on my part the break happens between you guys and former DH, so we can see a new star rise from the ashes, as well as get to fight on the same side.

I know before DH/CnG + many of their allies in the Equilibrium War would've liked to see XX and SF be the next the target people could focus on, so people could get distracted warring someone other than them. Although with you guys now allied to XX and nobody having a real reason to go after them, I can't imagine a sizable force trying to war them unless we see DH+CnG+NG make an attempt while trying to pull in whatever treaty partners they can convince. So I guess I'm just not convinced all the major powers can ally together through treaty chains and have it last very long, especially with the addition of generals after the last war which most haven't gotten the chance to check out yet. When plotting out a foreign policy where you end up on top, you can't just bring the entire treaty web on your side through treaty chains. There always needs to be the "other" side.

I guess we'll see how things go though.

Edited by Methrage