Disaster Hits Bob

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHDQiFt.gif

This is no place for actual discussion, Meth. All responses should boil down to "Congratulations" "What a surprise" or "I am buttmad in my butt".

True enough. I probably should of started my post with a "Congrats" and ended it there, then we would all be better off. :P

With NpO being a member of XX, as well as XX and DR having ties to SF, I doubt we'll see them fight each other. So something has to break somewhere for a major war to eventually occur, maybe its just hopeful thinking on my part the break happens between you guys and former DH, so we can see a new star rise from the ashes, as well as get to fight on the same side.

I know before DH/CnG + many of their allies in the Equilibrium War would've liked to see XX and SF be the next the target people could focus on, so people could get distracted warring someone other than them. Although with you guys now allied to XX and nobody having a real reason to go after them, I can't imagine a sizable force trying to war them unless we see DH+CnG+NG make an attempt while trying to pull in whatever treaty partners they can convince. So I guess I'm just not convinced all the major powers can ally together through treaty chains and have it last very long, especially with the addition of generals after the last war which most haven't gotten the chance to check out yet. When plotting out a foreign policy where you end up on top, you can't just bring the entire treaty web on your side through treaty chains. There always needs to be the "other" side.

I guess we'll see how things go though.

Didn't SF dismantle? Who in DR has ties to ex-SF alliances?

I did see that actually, and assumed they had simply tacked his name on there.

You didn't really assume that did you?  I added my name to the treaty so it was clear that I supported it and that an era had well and truly ended.  Considering I sign almost nothing these days, I would have assumed someone who claims to be as switched on as you do would have made the assumption jump in that direction. 

I did see that actually, and assumed they had simply tacked his name on there.

Given that any signatures apart from Dajobo's and Wargod001's are un-essential on a treaty signed by Polaris at this time, i would think any and all signatures apart from those two are specificly put there by the Ministers and Deputies and Advisors and Imperator Emiriti themselves as a show of support and agreement. Hell you could have seen Sponge sign this if he were around and in favor.

You didn't really assume that did you? I added my name to the treaty so it was clear that I supported it and that an era had well and truly ended. Considering I sign almost nothing these days, I would have assumed someone who claims to be as switched on as you do would have made the assumption jump in that direction.

And there you have it. Edited by Helbrecht

AHDQiFt.gif

This is no place for actual discussion, Meth. All responses should boil down to "Congratulations" "What a surprise" or "I am buttmad in my butt".

I am quite buttmad in my butt good sir.

Congrats to TOP and Polaris.

What is said in various back channels shouldn't always be taken at face value. Sometimes you say what needs to be said to learn what others have to say. Other times, not so much.

Sometimes you let the fence sitters get rolled and laugh when they cry but I ain't one to gossip so you didn't hear that from me.

Over 250 people comment without issue and then someone has to strike a low blow!

You're a cruel man Cata...

Sorry mate just couldn't resist :D. Joking aside this is a very interested development and I have no doubt that you played an important role in it Dajobo.

Perhaps. Ask him how he feels about NAAC and GATO.

Why don't you just ask me yourself?  The NAAC was a long long time ago, it is no longer relevant to the story.  GATO was and is an alliance completely devoid of any redeeming qualities with a demonstrated track record of accomplishing absolutely nothing.  I have no desire to kill you, but when someone else does I won't be concerned.  There is no grudge between me and you, but I think your alliance is a steaming pile and your colour choice is appropriate.  Anything else you need clarified?

kiss of death

Cold sores are not fatal.

TOP you are now indirectly allied to Schatt and Thrash.

How do you feel?

TOP is ecstatic, I've been giving them the best advice on FA that they get since 2007. :P

Mad respect for both parties, but it isn't like they're now some super team who rule the world. NPO/NG are still very powerful and in my opinion in control. That's what is so awesome. Instead of everyone trying to avoid damage they're willing to actually play the political game. I love it.

Only downside is everyone has forgotten about killing MK. Now that shit hole of terribleness can get away no matter which side holds the upper hand. They're like fucking cocka' roaches. Mad respect for them too though. Lots of chill folks there.

NPO was selling their war on DH to NG for like 5 months before it happened, and couldn't even get NG to stay out much less be on its side.  While it may have given NPO breathing room to manoeuver, it's an alliance that severely hindered NPO's plans in the end, and sits atop several fault lines whose tremors have left NPO politically exhausted.  Each has their strengths, but they are not a unified force and they are far from controlling anything, least of all each other.  NPO either made false suppositions or was the victim of false promises, but not one of their long-term FP predictions/assumptions/promises (whatever word you want to use) as of ~November and which played into every EQ decision NPO made has come to fruition--They either don't have the pull to enact it, or the charismatic vision to inspire it among their allies.  NG is little more than a mass of NS which can leverage its size for short-term wants within a broad catalogue of conflicting allies.

MK will get lumps in the next war regardless.  In the meantime, they're a visionless social club which is too busy laughing at pictures ripped from our Facebook profiles to keep themselves from doing anything dangerous to themselves in the wider world to be dangerous to anyone who's making these decisions, so there's no reason to sit around plotting their demise.

Edited by Schattenmann

Why don't you just ask me yourself?  The NAAC was a long long time ago, it is no longer relevant to the story.  GATO was and is an alliance completely devoid of any redeeming qualities with a demonstrated track record of accomplishing absolutely nothing.  I have no desire to kill you, but when someone else does I won't be concerned.  There is no grudge between me and you, but I think your alliance is a steaming pile and your colour choice is appropriate.  Anything else you need clarified?

I doubt anyone could say it better than this.

No your contradictory statement pretty much says it all.