Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

I am pretty sure Shattman wont look at NPLs alliance screen. It would ruin his outlook on the whole GOONS thing. Also the DH upper tier (With TOP and C&G) now basically own the very top elite tier. All in all, Im happy with the way things turned out. Good job Competence.

This is representative of many DH posters, so I have one simply question.  If this war leaves you in such a nice position, why didn't you use your nice position to win this war?

In
what ways has Umbrella proven to be a threat to Argent?  Until you gov change we were close allies, then you joined people whose stated goal was to attack us.  You also joined a block who had a goal to roll us.

So how did Umbrella prove to be a threat to Argent?  Remember you declared war on our allies.

Umbrella always had the majority of its allies on the other side relative to us.  Yes, we fought with you guys twice through the oA clause on our MDoAP, but, for the most part, our FA paths were separate.  Eventually, even if we had kept the treaty, we would have fought on opposite sides. (We did fight on opposite sides in Bipolar.)   The fact is that, since both of our alliances were mainly upper tier (yours more so obviously), having an upper tier alliance such as yours on the other side frees up other alliances on your side with respect to their upper tiers.  Not a direct threat, no, but considering the make-up of our alliance, a very real and distinct threat.

This war significantly lowered my opinion of Umb.  When I attacked treefinguy, quite a few from Umbrella whined a hell of a lot.  It wasn't even clever.  It was just bad.  I was hoping for clever jabs back and forth, but instead, it ended with me shaking my head.

You didn't beat the shit out of anyone. Your contribution was to team up with twelve other alliances to attack what had previously been your oldest ally, an ally you had been in two blocs with over the course five years. You played your part, nothing more. So stop puffing your chest out and acting like you did something special.

The whining coming out of TOP has also been excessive.  Props to Beazy and Tails for being reasonable people.  Lum was fun too, even if he always tried to psyche me out.  The fact is that TOP wanted to continue down a different FA path.  Most of the rest of PF wanted a different path, although BN did sign with Umbrella.

And yes, with allies, we did help to beat the shit out of TOP. 

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LexLuthor18, on 28 Mar 2013 - 16:38, said:
[shrugs] I guess your right. But your side has also taken some damage, oh well I don't care. This is probably a dumb question, but since DH and their allies lost: Who's the new hegemon?

The same as what preceded this war: none. Had DH been the all-powerful titan immediately preceding, it wouldn't have lost this war. I wasn't exactly blowing smoke when I made all those claims about the world already being balanced before the war. This isn't to claim that nothing has changed, but if you didn't believe there was a multipolar world before, you would be beyond mad to refuse that belief now.

Alternate theory: EQ leadership knows that someday the Neutrals will come for you all, and only Umbrella and MK ever had the upper tier to counter those insanely huge WTF and GPA nations. They sacrificed their largest nations to create a simulation of that onslaught, to ensure that you'll be prepared when the time comes.

CoJ joined EQ solely to collect intel on your WC's to pass on to our Neutral allies friends.

Tell me Prodigal what makes a man turn neutral? Lust for tech? Infra? Or are they just born with a heart of neutrality?   

If anything will bring our two sides together, it's destruction of the neutrals.  It'd be easy too...  we'll just start taking them out one by one, they'll be just sitting there watching with their dull grey eyes, not willing to do anything.  

I do not contest that defeat is defeat, but it may be unwise to play the tech card. I haven't run new figures on my other computer yet to check all alliances, but AI alone lost some 450,000 tech in the course of this conflict. I do not believe any other alliance for eQ took quite so much damage, but there was substantial injury across the board. As far as defeats go, this was a pretty bearable one for Competence.

No matter the outcome of the war, the spirit of victory thunders in the hearts of Competence--so the roaring shall go on!

My nukes were doing just as much damage as was done to me.   Needless to say anybody on the losing side wants to tie one on, you  or any of your friends know where to find me.  

Some people are magnanimous in victory.  Typically I am with people I respect.  I should respect the Umbrella side in this fight and for the most part I do...but there's a few of you that deserve to have their face rubbed in the mud a bit, and if I have responded to your posts in a way you find snarky, arrogant, or sarcastic--congratulations on receiving your check box on my list.

Oh and...one last time: Scoreboard.

Yes... because I clearly was commenting on the outcome of the war and not the fact that you are deluded for reading the forum with blinders on. Please, let's entertain ourselves some more. The outcome of the war? Yup, we surrendered. I haven't stated anything otherwise. So the scoreboard comment doesn't really work and only goes to further prove my fact that you are clearly an idiot who reads the world through shit-colored glasses.

I never surrendered, I was offered a "Cessation of Hostilities" by the nations I engaged last round.

That does not = Surrendering.

Therefore, Stewieland is still undefeated...

Am I grasping at enough straws there for everyone?? I think I have some spare

314117.jpg

Edited by Stewie

Ah yes.  The posturing, the threats of PZI, the sore loser/sore winner complexes mixed in with inflated egos.

Let the Hegemony flow through you.

Time to create a pool on when hostilities will resume.

Considering TSO was formed from the high gov of MCXA who were dirty as hell I wouldnt talk to loud. 

Judging by the responses in this thread this surrender strikes me as more of a cease-fire than anything.

It is unfortunatly .

Am I the only one not amused by Ubuntu's shtick?

Anyone claiming that this is a victory by Equilibrium is being delusional.  No one would ever give up war without any terms if they thought they could achieve a decisive victory.  Especially with as much insolence as the Competence side is displaying.  Does anyone actually believe that Eq thinks DH learned their lesson and whatever threat they posed has been eliminated? And Eq are so gracious that they granting unilateral white peace with no reps out of the goodness of their heart?  If you think this is true you're beyond delusional.  

The only reason there's peace is because Eq leaders realize that this war is a boondoggle.  Claiming that you won anything is like the U.S. claiming victory in Vietnam.   

The delusion is that you all believe we couldnt have kept it up.  We could have at great cost but we would have left a big enough hole that all your top nations would be able to do is bank as there would be no one in their range for a very long time.  The chest thumping on both sides is ridiculous.  Personally I think this peace was a mistake at this point as Com now has a very stron hold on upper tier and we at EQ did not damage enough of the upper middle and middle tiers to maintain dominance here. 

It has been shown by numerous people that you were not on the list, and that while DR was talked about it was decided to not go after them.  DR was discussed and then crossed off the list.  Gov members have said as such here to correct this lie you keep spouting.

Your analogy was most incorrect, but you have already decided that the message that Umbrella was looking at attack poor ol DR rings true to you, you have bought that line and reflect your views as if that were true.  Like I said before, the truth doesn't matter because your views will not change regardless of how much evidence is given to you that proves your view false.  In this sense the truth does not matter. 

You dislike us so you believe all that is sad about us if it paints us in a bad light and claim you objectively came to this opinion of yours.  You bought the propoganda, hook, line, and sinker.

Say what you will Caliph AI was in the cross hairs which meant DR was in the cross hairs.  The IRON/TOP split may have slowed it down but eventually it woudl have happened IMO.

The same as what preceded this war: none. Had DH been the all-powerful titan immediately preceding, it wouldn't have lost this war. I wasn't exactly blowing smoke when I made all those claims about the world already being balanced before the war. This isn't to claim that nothing has changed, but if you didn't believe there was a multipolar world before, you would be beyond mad to refuse that belief now.

Damn i have to agree with you and I hate that.

Are you sure? Better check again. Oh yeah it's even bolded because that's all you got - words in a thread.

We got more than that but payed for it dearly.

I never surrendered, I was offered a "Cessation of Hostilities" by the nations I engaged last round.

That does not = Surrendering.

Therefore, Stewieland is still undefeated...

Am I grasping at enough straws there for everyone?? I think I have some spare

314117.jpg

You sir crack me up :)

I think it was clear that EQ was winning this war, even if it was only through attrition. However for them to achieve total victory would have required them to sacrifice so much that many of them found this arrangement more palpatable. The amount of resources, nations and everything else they would have had to give up to destroy competence would have broken many of their own alliances, and left many others extremely depleted.

Competence clearly knew this, and it appears the higher ups used it on the negotiation table.

I'd like to make clear I'm not implying that EQ didn't have "the stomach" to finish this war, only that it was not in many of their own interests to go for a total victory especially as some of the agreements between the EQ side appear slightly shakey (atleast as an outside observer)

On the otherside, this rhetoric about Competence getting it's asskicked is just in poor taste. Competence didn't get it's ass kicked any more than EQ "Chickened out of achieving total victory."  What happened was that both sides saw the writing on the wall, the high costs of a continued war and realised that no matter there opinions toward each other it was not in their own self-interests to continue.

Probably as close to the truth as anyone will come.   Well said sir well said

If that makes you feel like a big strong boy then keep telling yourself that. Personally I don't think you (Otter) will ever grow out of your little brother syndrome.

Little brother syndrome?  I figure I know what it means, but I'm clueless on why you think it applies to me.  Because I beat up on "big brother" TOP? 

This war significantly lowered my opinion of Umb.  When I attacked treefinguy, quite a few from Umbrella whined a hell of a lot.  It wasn't even clever.  It was just bad.  I was hoping for clever jabs back and forth, but instead, it ended with me shaking my head.

I remember a time when we stuck our necks out for you and you've repaid us by harboring enemies and attacking us. Go fuck yourself. Edited by threefingeredguy

Considering TSO was formed from the high gov of MCXA who were dirty as hell I wouldnt talk to loud. 

It is unfortunatly .

The delusion is that you all believe we couldnt have kept it up.  We could have at great cost but we would have left a big enough hole that all your top nations would be able to do is bank as there would be no one in their range for a very long time.  The chest thumping on both sides is ridiculous.  Personally I think this peace was a mistake at this point as Com now has a very stron hold on upper tier and we at EQ did not damage enough of the upper middle and middle tiers to maintain dominance here. 

Where did I say that EQ couldn't keep it up? Why didn't they though? You yourself admit it's a mistake. EQ accomplished nothing other than some empty admission of surrender. I don't get how anyone can be happy and boastful about that.

If that makes you feel like a big strong boy then keep telling yourself that. Personally I don't think you (Otter) will ever grow out of your little brother syndrome.

Look, I get that you might think you've grown out of that as well, but you haven't. You allied the alliance that rolled you then became a lapdog for a smaller alliance once you grew back. Look at your alliance's history of playing second fiddle.

Come on, kid.

I remember a time when we stuck our necks out for you and you've repaid us by harboring enemies and attacking us. Go fuck yourself.

Damn someone's pms-ing.

Either way, quite the poetic justice for Umbrella to play "jilted ally". Does MHA and Sparta ring any bells? How did it feel to plot against DR people while still being allied to them? Good? How is it that DH although containing some of the oldest players in the game forget their history so easily? Has Alzheimer's already set in? Edited by Omniscient1