Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

I don't believe they were ever "crossed off the list", but again if I'm a target; it's not my place to constantly ask whether I was crossed off a list or not. The simple fact that I was targeted is enough for self-defensive action.

So no my analogy was spot on, but again this is just going to devolve into a no u argument so it's pointless. Congrats on your peace.

It has been shown by numerous people that you were not on the list, and that while DR was talked about it was decided to not go after them.  DR was discussed and then crossed off the list.  Gov members have said as such here to correct this lie you keep spouting.

Your analogy was most incorrect, but you have already decided that the message that Umbrella was looking at attack poor ol DR rings true to you, you have bought that line and reflect your views as if that were true.  Like I said before, the truth doesn't matter because your views will not change regardless of how much evidence is given to you that proves your view false.  In this sense the truth does not matter. 

You dislike us so you believe all that is sad about us if it paints us in a bad light and claim you objectively came to this opinion of yours.  You bought the propoganda, hook, line, and sinker.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! I await Umbrella and friends instant breaking of peace treaty.... Oh wait its all steam, put up or shut up as they say.

So those threats from EQ that they want to attack us some more/again is ... what, just all steam too?

I think it was clear that EQ was winning this war, even if it was only through attrition. However for them to achieve total victory would have required them to sacrifice so much that many of them found this arrangement more palpatable. The amount of resources, nations and everything else they would have had to give up to destroy competence would have broken many of their own alliances, and left many others extremely depleted.

Competence clearly knew this, and it appears the higher ups used it on the negotiation table.

I'd like to make clear I'm not implying that EQ didn't have "the stomach" to finish this war, only that it was not in many of their own interests to go for a total victory especially as some of the agreements between the EQ side appear slightly shakey (atleast as an outside observer)

On the otherside, this rhetoric about Competence getting it's asskicked is just in poor taste. Competence didn't get it's ass kicked any more than EQ "Chickened out of achieving total victory."  What happened was that both sides saw the writing on the wall, the high costs of a continued war and realised that no matter there opinions toward each other it was not in their own self-interests to continue.

This is one of the better posts out there.  For EQ to achieve its goals it would have to endure much more of a beatdown on their upper tier.  Some could handle it.  Some could not.  it is not feasible to be at war forever, and already alliances on both sides were getting war weary and wanted out.  EQ did not achieve their goal of wanting to eliminate our upper tier.  They didn't even suceed in the goal to bring our upper tiers down to size.  We now hold supremacy in some nation ranges that we did not before.  EQ chest thumping here does not reflect the reality of what happened this war.

Competence did not get a "win" either, except in the sense that it did accomplish some of its goals, the descrution of the enemies upper tiers and achieving a mostly white peace.

Neither side won a devastating victory, both sides will need rebuilding, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months as to who goes where, how rebuilding is going, and if the neutrals take this moment to unite and roll us all.

I think it was clear that EQ was winning this war, even if it was only through attrition. However for them to achieve total victory would have required them to sacrifice so much that many of them found this arrangement more palpatable. The amount of resources, nations and everything else they would have had to give up to destroy competence would have broken many of their own alliances, and left many others extremely depleted.

Competence clearly knew this, and it appears the higher ups used it on the negotiation table.

I'd like to make clear I'm not implying that EQ didn't have "the stomach" to finish this war, only that it was not in many of their own interests to go for a total victory especially as some of the agreements between the EQ side appear slightly shakey (atleast as an outside observer)

On the otherside, this rhetoric about Competence getting it's asskicked is just in poor taste. Competence didn't get it's ass kicked any more than EQ "Chickened out of achieving total victory."  What happened was that both sides saw the writing on the wall, the high costs of a continued war and realised that no matter there opinions toward each other it was not in their own self-interests to continue.

This is a great post.

Yay! I await Umbrella and friends instant breaking of peace treaty.... Oh wait its all steam, put up or shut up as they say.

What the hell are you talking about?  Did you even readmy post, or are you just dense?

This is one of the better posts out there.  For EQ to achieve its goals it would have to endure much more of a beatdown on their upper tier.  Some could handle it.  Some could not.  it is not feasible to be at war forever, and already alliances on both sides were getting war weary and wanted out.  EQ did not achieve their goal of wanting to eliminate our upper tier.  They didn't even suceed in the goal to bring our upper tiers down to size.  We now hold supremacy in some nation ranges that we did not before.  EQ chest thumping here does not reflect the reality of what happened this war.

Competence did not get a "win" either, except in the sense that it did accomplish some of its goals, the descrution of the enemies upper tiers and achieving a mostly white peace.

Neither side won a devastating victory, both sides will need rebuilding, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months as to who goes where, how rebuilding is going, and if the neutrals take this moment to unite and roll us all.

I think Competence also had rather more modest goals. EQ set out with the high goal of trying to bring the upper tiers into "balance", while (and I can only speak as a low level goon here) from nearly the get go we where basically ordered to just go out enjoy the war and fight until EQ is forced to white peace. In fact here in goons we seemed completely disconnected from the larger war, I actually fought for two weeks without even knowing what alliances where on the enemy side. All I knew was that we where doing massive damage to NPL and LoSS, and lots of aid kept turning up from TOP and Umbrella, and that was good enough.

Anyway back to the point; you can say that Competence came closer to achieving its goals, but that is party because its goals where far more modest than EQ's.

To competence victory and forcing EQ to end the war seemed to be one and the same, which I think has been why so many of us see this as a victory. EQ had pretty lofty goals and I think many people are aware that even though EQ achieved a lot, it didn't achieve everything it set out to do.

Edited by Bromance

Whatever happened to showing no mercy? EQ should have exterminated the enemy.

You know how they say the winner of a knife fight dies on the operating table, the loser in the street? That's kind of how this war would have played out if EQ went for the extermination of Competence. They'd have either been left in a state where non-threats have suddenly become a threat, or they'd be maimed to a point where it would take them years to recover.

If EQ thought they could put down competence without getting bloodied, I imagine they would. I know I would in their shoes.

Whatever happened to showing no mercy? EQ should have exterminated the enemy.

I guess we're not really enemies and it was just a friendly scrimmage.  They were training to take on their real enemy - the neutrals.

Please be less subtle about asking for attention. This is now the third time you've posted trying to get a rise out of people, just go home.

You're right! This is for attention, isn't that why everybody posts on forums? So people will see your posts and respond to them? 

You know how they say the winner of a knife fight dies on the operating table, the loser in the street? That's kind of how this war would have played out if EQ went for the extermination of Competence. They'd have either been left in a state where non-threats have suddenly become a threat, or they'd be maimed to a point where it would take them years to recover.

If EQ thought they could put down competence without getting bloodied, I imagine they would. I know I would in their shoes.

[shrugs] I guess your right. But your side has also taken some damage, oh well I don't care. This is probably a dumb question, but since DH and their allies lost: Who's the new hegemon?

Edited by LexLuthor18

I guess we're not really enemies and it was just a friendly scrimmage.  They were training to take on their real enemy - the neutrals.

Alternate theory: EQ leadership knows that someday the Neutrals will come for you all, and only Umbrella and MK ever had the upper tier to counter those insanely huge WTF and GPA nations. They sacrificed their largest nations to create a simulation of that onslaught, to ensure that you'll be prepared when the time comes.

CoJ joined EQ solely to collect intel on your WC's to pass on to our Neutral allies friends.

You're right! This is for attention, isn't that why everybody posts on forums? So people will see your posts and respond to them? 

Considering you're resigning and GOONS is still doing well, I took the liberty of fixing the picture attached to your correspondences.

33oifko.jpg

Considering you're resigning and GOONS is still doing well, I took the liberty of fixing the picture attached to your correspondences.

33oifko.jpg

Every GOON I fought during the duration of the war, I either fought to a stalemate or outright beat. So I see this as a tactical victory on my part.

OOC: (The only reason I'm quitting is because of school and other committments). 

Unless you're a goon probably not, I only joined up during the current war when there was the big SA recruitment drive. I'm just one of a few dozen new bloods that this war brought into the goonfold.

It has been shown by numerous people that you were not on the list, and that while DR was talked about it was decided to not go after them.  DR was discussed and then crossed off the list.  Gov members have said as such here to correct this lie you keep spouting.

You seriously expect me to believe anything the very people organizing my destruction tells me? That would be a foolish act. You guys like everyone else here have lied to achieve what you want. Even to people on your own side (hello INT). So I sure as won't believe you.

Every GOON I fought during the duration of the war, I either fought to a stalemate or outright beat. So I see this as a tactical victory on my part.

According to your nation wars, your only real "war" was with Neo Uruk, and the damage difference was about 250 ns. The other wars you did about 330 total damage to each target, who did not counter attack. Don't fool yourself into thinking you're great at war.

According to your nation wars, your only real "war" was with Neo Uruk, and the damage difference was about 250 ns. The other wars you did about 330 total damage to each target, who did not counter attack. Don't fool yourself into thinking you're great at war.

Neo Uruk was the only one in my range who fought back for which I give him credit, and I held my own against him. It isn't my fault if none of the other people I fought were active.

Edit: In addition, most of the GOONS in my range were inactive or were knockdowns who had nukes, meaning I had very few people to fight.

Edited by LexLuthor18

You seriously expect me to believe anything the very people organizing my destruction tells me? That would be a foolish act. You guys like everyone else here have lied to achieve what you want. Even to people on your own side (hello INT). So I sure as won't believe you.

Go on, you brought it up so please elaborate.