Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

Ah yes.  The posturing, the threats of PZI, the sore loser/sore winner complexes mixed in with inflated egos.

Let the Hegemony flow through you.

Time to create a pool on when hostilities will resume.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i cant be bothered to read all the posts i got bored on page 15 i think *shrugs*

Shout out to the nations i fought and i must say goons are great when it comes to war it was good to share some banter

Single shout out to captain splendid who indeed made my war with him fun with the banter

Feeling like a victim much?

I know most people have a difficulty admitting they have chosen a path without first blaming others but you did choose a path. We simply pointed out to your other most gracious friend Omniscient that it was rather disingenuous, as you say, to claim he chose his "longest allies" when he ditched both Umbrella and Argent to favor IRON and AI.

We didn't complain about it but some of you in Argent seem to have this conception that we were monsters to you and you were "forced away from us". We're not the ones who drastically decided to change their government line-up and outlook on politics by doing a 180 and lining with the moralists. You did.

Now, I don't expect much from you in specific, Trimm. Your hatred of Paradoxia has been pretty steady for the past few years.

Well I am nothing if not consistent.

I don't want to derail this any further, but I will point out that Argent had legit problems with TOP well before we droped you. It was far from a sudden 180. We chose a path, and so did you.

I'd be more than happy to continue this discussion elsewhere. Despite my so called hatred for Pardoxia, dropping that treaty was no easier a call for me than anyone else in Argent.

You can't seriously be attempting to abstract the entire conflict to: EQ:1, CO: 0, on the basis of the word "surrender" can you?

Because the "scoreboard" I'm looking at says that both sides accomplished their goals in this conflict.

I think you need these:

488156623_ace98c57e1.jpg

I've only made it to page 19 so far, but in all fairness. I've read responses from BOTH sides spitting on the peace, including from your own alliance. It must be nice to read the OWF if you close your eyes and skip posts you don't want to read.

Some people are magnanimous in victory.  Typically I am with people I respect.  I should respect the Umbrella side in this fight and for the most part I do...but there's a few of you that deserve to have their face rubbed in the mud a bit, and if I have responded to your posts in a way you find snarky, arrogant, or sarcastic--congratulations on receiving your check box on my list.

Oh and...one last time: Scoreboard.

Except DH wasn't the original agressors here mate, DR and NPO (and whoever else was on that original DOW on Umbrella) were.  Not saying Umbrella didn't "deserve" to get hit, but be honest about who the agressors really are.  The OP states that the agressors in this conflict won.  Its ok to be the agressor, just stop, for the love of Admin, stop playing the victim card.  It just doesn't fit what you lot did.

You deliberately abetted a nuclear rogue, and hindered Ai's ability to defend itself, which is an aggressive act of war against Ai.  You knew it when you were doing it, that's why you did it, you got the war you started.

Except DH wasn't the original agressors here mate, DR and NPO (and whoever else was on that original DOW on Umbrella) were.  Not saying Umbrella didn't "deserve" to get hit, but be honest about who the agressors really are.  The OP states that the agressors in this conflict won.  Its ok to be the agressor, just stop, for the love of Admin, stop playing the victim card.  It just doesn't fit what you lot did.

I, for one, don't care what anyone in Competence, Equilibrium, or even in my own alliance has to say on the matter. Umbrella caused injury to AI and in so doing gave AI and her allies a valid CB. Did some on both sides want war? Yes. Could the issue have been settled diplomatically? Yes, of course. As things transpired, however, neither Umbrella nor AI pursued a genuine diplomatic solution before AI and her allies expanded hostilities.

So, write your history books however you wish, but I'll be here to ensure there's an asterisk alongside your claims.*

*Unless you're actually writing anything beyond posts on these forums. I cannot even be bothered with the CN Wikia. lol.  

You deliberately abetted a nuclear rogue, and hindered Ai's ability to defend itself, which is an aggressive act of war against Ai.  You knew it when you were doing it, that's why you did it, you got the war you started.

Yeah, pretty much this. 

should've demanded alliance name changes like Ubuntu the great suggested

:lol1:

lol  or we should made them write a dune review.  that in itself is worse than any reps we could of imposed

Umbrella deserved what it got for thinking it could act that way and not be punished.

However, calling them the aggressors in this war is false. They were jerks, we slapped them around, end of story. A stand has been taken against this type of behaviour and if the Umbrella circumstance happened again tomorrow, the outcome would be the same.(inb4 puppets goes rogue again)

Also, I got to send aid to RUKUNU this war, which means I can now die satisfied with my life :D

Am I the only one not amused by Ubuntu's shtick?

Anyone claiming that this is a victory by Equilibrium is being delusional.  No one would ever give up war without any terms if they thought they could achieve a decisive victory.  Especially with as much insolence as the Competence side is displaying.  Does anyone actually believe that Eq thinks DH learned their lesson and whatever threat they posed has been eliminated? And Eq are so gracious that they granting unilateral white peace with no reps out of the goodness of their heart?  If you think this is true you're beyond delusional.  

The only reason there's peace is because Eq leaders realize that this war is a boondoggle.  Claiming that you won anything is like the U.S. claiming victory in Vietnam.   

I think it was clear that EQ was winning this war, even if it was only through attrition. However for them to achieve total victory would have required them to sacrifice so much that many of them found this arrangement more palpatable. The amount of resources, nations and everything else they would have had to give up to destroy competence would have broken many of their own alliances, and left many others extremely depleted.

Competence clearly knew this, and it appears the higher ups used it on the negotiation table.

I'd like to make clear I'm not implying that EQ didn't have "the stomach" to finish this war, only that it was not in many of their own interests to go for a total victory especially as some of the agreements between the EQ side appear slightly shakey (atleast as an outside observer)

On the otherside, this rhetoric about Competence getting it's asskicked is just in poor taste. Competence didn't get it's ass kicked any more than EQ "Chickened out of achieving total victory."  What happened was that both sides saw the writing on the wall, the high costs of a continued war and realised that no matter there opinions toward each other it was not in their own self-interests to continue.

I think it was clear that EQ was winning this war, even if it was only through attrition. However for them to achieve total victory would have required them to sacrifice so much that many of them found this arrangement more palpatable. The amount of resources, nations and everything else they would have had to give up to destroy competence would have broken many of their own alliances, and left many others extremely depleted.

Competence clearly knew this, and it appears the higher ups used it on the negotiation table.

I'd like to make clear I'm not implying that EQ didn't have "the stomach" to finish this war, only that it was not in many of their own interests to go for a total victory especially as some of the agreements between the EQ side appear slightly shakey (atleast as an outside observer)

On the otherside, this rhetoric about Competence getting it's asskicked is just in poor taste. Competence didn't get it's ass kicked any more than EQ "Chickened out of achieving total victory."  What happened was that both sides saw the writing on the wall, the high costs of a continued war and realised that no matter there opinions toward each other it was not in their own self-interests to continue.

Most excellent post.

Incorrect analogy.  Its like a group of people talking about who to fight next, and then crossing off names to that list.  Then someone finds out their name was crossed off the list, gets pissed that they were even on the list, despite being crossed off it as a non target, and then decided to come on us swinging.

You decided to help them run on us swinging.  I'm ok with that, I'm not ok with you spinning like we started it and needed to be put down.  

I don't believe they were ever "crossed off the list", but again if I'm a target; it's not my place to constantly ask whether I was crossed off a list or not. The simple fact that I was targeted is enough for self-defensive action.

So no my analogy was spot on, but again this is just going to devolve into a no u argument so it's pointless. Congrats on your peace.

Yeah I think Bromance summed it up very nicely there. Most reasonable people from EQ should be able to acknowledge this wasn't a decisive, crippling victory over Umbrella. Likewise, I think most from Umbrella Coalition can acknowledge that their side would have arrived at zero NS a lot more quickly than EQ if this were to go on indefinitely. I like to think that eventually we would have been able to take out every last one of those "God tier" nations, but who among us wants to hold the world at war for another 6-12 months while that plays out, or to make the sacrifices, and figure out the logistics necessary to do so?

*Okay, I kinda do, but I realize that's a little extreme.

Anyone claiming that this is a victory by Equilibrium is being delusional.  No one would ever give up war without any terms if they thought they could achieve a decisive victory.  Especially with as much insolence as the Competence side is displaying.  Does anyone actually believe that Eq thinks DH learned their lesson and whatever threat they posed has been eliminated? And Eq are so gracious that they granting unilateral white peace with no reps out of the goodness of their heart?  If you think this is true you're beyond delusional.  

The only reason there's peace is because Eq leaders realize that this war is a boondoggle.  Claiming that you won anything is like the U.S. claiming victory in Vietnam.   

Yay! I await Umbrella and friends instant breaking of peace treaty.... Oh wait its all steam, put up or shut up as they say.