Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

The war extension was dropped because it was not what anyone in the coalition wanted.  But if you're so sure that we're weak-willed, we're all still militarized; give it a go!

As I said, it was an honorable and reasonable end.

VVVVVVV: I am rolling my eyes so hard right now.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked a question that I answered in the post you quoted.  The alliances which took reps because they could while they were playing the Six Degrees of Doom House were just as wrong as ODN still is.

Reparations have their place and use, they're only good or bad in their execution.

The war extension was dropped because it was not what anyone in the coalition wanted.  But if you're so sure that we're weak-willed, we're all still militarized; give it a go!

So what you are saying it reps are ok when alliances you like, such as EQ alliances, do it, but bad when alliances you dislike, DH and C&G, do it.

Never said they would. Just pointing out it'd lead to disastrous results. Maybe not immediately, but eventually. Hopefully Brehon, Dajobo, Salsa, The AI tris, Rabt, and whoever else has decision making power will see this too. One can hope.

If not, there is plenty of time for you to change alliances and allegiances again. So do not fret all will work out well for you.

I think the ferocity of which we fought our battles in the face of numerically overwhelming opposition speaks for itself.

I am pretty sure Shattman wont look at NPLs alliance screen. It would ruin his outlook on the whole GOONS thing. Also the DH upper tier (With TOP and C&G) now basically own the very top elite tier. All in all, Im happy with the way things turned out. Good job Competence.

Time will tell that DH will be under the microscope of everyone and if they appear to be becoming too much of a threat they won't just get defeated next time, they'll be rolled permanently.  Their best course is a lay low for an extended period.  I doubt it will happen though.  Too much arrogance in their leadership.

I thought that was how it worked these days - someone gets defeated, then when they have nearly built back up they are attacked "just because".  Or does that only happen to NPO?

So what you are saying it reps are ok when alliances you like, such as EQ alliances, do it, but bad when alliances you dislike, DH and C&G, do it.

I am saying the exact opposite, since I just told you that the EQ AAs who took reps were wrong to have done so.  You perma-peace twit.

I think the ferocity of which we fought our battles in the face of numerically overwhelming opposition speaks for itself.

I think the logs of you asking NPL for peace and your surrender to NPL speak for themselves.

Edited by Schattenmann

I see you're already trying to sowing the mistrust and use the divide and conquer strategy, unhappily for you DH is still the biggest threat to everyone else. 

You mean despite the attempts of the EQ coalition their goal was not at all achieved? No threat nullified?

What a bummer for you all that must be.

You mean despite the attempts of the EQ coalition their goal was not at all achieved? No threat nullified?

What a bummer for you all that must be.

Should be even worse for Competence, you spend 2 months trumpeting victory and superiority to admit defeat and surrender at the end. Must be frustrating.

You are parading in your own surrender thread. That is just sad, really. My point being, this type of propaganda is for internal use among the defeated parties to make themselves feel better, not here as its going to be dismissed by anyone outside your circle making it pointless.

Cutting to the chase here. The world has changed. Pointless parading aside, its time for all to get busy and do some hard work now.

I have found that reality has this strange habit of bending to the distortion of the optimist. If you and yours agreed to this simple peace with the hope that you could console yourselves with our post-war depression, I regret to inform you that you must go without. I am not interested in despair, or wallowing in the weakness and fear that others would wish upon us. To hell with that bunk. The war is done, behind us, and the future brims with tantalizing potential. The Tripartite Dance has only just begun! I haven't been this interested in its steps in years.

Should be even worse for Competence, you spend 2 months trumpeting victory and superiority to admit defeat and surrender at the end. Must be frustrating.

Not really, went how I expected it to go. Nice long war where we get to kick each others teeth in resulting in our eventual defeat. That's how it was always gonna go down and it's delusional to say otherwise.

We still made you work for it though and you personally even admit we're still the biggest threat despite all that. People are foaming at the mouth for another piece because they couldn't get the job done properly this time.

Time will tell that DH will be under the microscope of everyone and if they appear to be becoming too much of a threat they won't just get defeated next time, they'll be rolled permanently.  Their best course is a lay low for an extended period.  I doubt it will happen though.  Too much arrogance in their leadership.

The only thing time will tell is that this was indeed a Doom House strategic victory.

Double-standards Nations

Strategic victory is only acceptable when EQ's allies claim it for every war since Karma. 

That's okay though because my mommy told me not to pick on the retarded kids anymore. 

Hey let's keep talking about reparations from past wars, all of us basically agreeing/stating the same facts but with a different spin on them.

That's bound to change fucking everything! 

But seriously best of luck to Brehon and co. in keeping The Shitbird Coalition intact for a few more months. I have a feeling your lack of DROOLHOUSE DROOLTOWELS will cause great problems for some of your allies and indirect allies everybody is my ally an attack on one is an attack on all doomhouse members changed aa's and didn't fight except when they did ever-forward into our new era of post-DH prosperity. Oh wait they're still around and nothing has really changed, everybody is just a bit weaker across the board.

Doublestandards Nations is hard to understand. Strategic victory. We had a strategic victory. Our strategy was victorious. You didn't change BIBO. You didn't change our internal policies. You didn't change the technical makeup of our alliances. All you did was throw everything you could at us and struggle for three months hilariously. This war changes nothing. 

I MUST BE OFF

220px-Pyrrhus.JPG

As much as many might wish to ignore it, the stats don't lie.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah7ji6PY3Xx0dG5pdjRwR25EZGJyS2tpZ0syRWNFWUE#gid=0

Those may not all be EQ wars but man, that's a lot of war GOONS, well played.

As for peace.  Cool I guess.

Double-standards Nations

Strategic victory is only acceptable when EQ's allies claim it for every war since Karma. 

That's okay though because my mommy told me not to pick on the retarded kids anymore. 

Hey let's keep talking about reparations from past wars, all of us basically agreeing/stating the same facts but with a different spin on them.

That's bound to change fucking everything! 

But seriously best of luck to Brehon and co. in keeping The Shitbird Coalition intact for a few more months. I have a feeling your lack of DROOLHOUSE DROOLTOWELS will cause great problems for some of your allies and indirect allies everybody is my ally an attack on one is an attack on all doomhouse members changed aa's and didn't fight except when they did ever-forward into our new era of post-DH prosperity. Oh wait they're still around and nothing has really changed, everybody is just a bit weaker across the board.

Doublestandards Nations is hard to understand. Strategic victory. We had a strategic victory. Our strategy was victorious. You didn't change BIBO. You didn't change our internal policies. You didn't change the technical makeup of our alliances. All you did was throw everything you could at us and struggle for three months hilariously. This war changes nothing. 

I MUST BE OFF

220px-Pyrrhus.JPG

Side-effects of trauma of killing one's own alliance. 

Oh do save the bluster.  You don't have the political support for a permanent war and you know it.  There wasn't even internal support for mild war extending terms.

Edit: Clarity

I think the debate internally had more to do with why we weren't extended your wars two more months than anything else.  I know we had enough warchest and will to make it happen.  Ultimately the coalition set the final terms, not AI.

So that's why Hal is upset, thanks for the insight.

Scoreboard.  Read it.  Me?  I'm happy with the outcome.  Not even the whiny people here are going to kill the beer buzz I'm contemplating later.

I thought that was how it worked these days - someone gets defeated, then when they have nearly built back up they are attacked "just because".  Or does that only happen to NPO?

Heh...depends on who you ask, eh?

The only thing time will tell is that this was indeed a Doom House strategic victory.

Scoreboard.  Read it.

I think the logs of you asking NPL for peace and your surrender to NPL speak for themselves.

Oh, you mean those logs which when posted disproved the point the NPL member was were trying to make completely?

Those logs?

Come on man, you can do better than this.

Schatt or get off the pot.

E:

Ultimately the coalition set the
final terms, not AI.

This is directly contradicted by what I know of the process leading to peace, but whatever.  Thank you AI for ultimately being reasonable.

Edited by Sardonic

For all of the talk of working diplomacy and the interesting FA after the war, you'd think that people wouldn't be so fast to come in here and act like a bunch of condescending jerks so soon.  You're making it tough to be a nonpartisan fence-sitter.

Edited by sammykhalifa

Double-standards Nations

I call for an eternal war against ECG on the basis of committing the most serious crime I have witnessed on these boards. 

There are horrors that can be done. 

But nothing, NOTHING, permits the use of yellow text on a white background. 

For all of the talk of working diplomacy and the interesting FA after the war, you'd think that people wouldn't be so fast to come in here and act like a bunch of condescending jerks so soon.  You're making it tough to be a fence-sitter.

Why and how is it condescending for us to welcome the end of the war with smiles and joy? It seems that the victors are upset and the "vanquished" are all in good humor, but it is not the job of us noble defeated to roll over and wait for death because of a surrender. Lord knows those now claiming victory never did so in their previous defeats. Edited by Ardus