Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you running your mouths and basically spitting on this document and any talks of "strategic victory" or any of that mess needs to be ashamed of themselves. Not a single one of you has room to talk about anything as you peanut gallery run your mouths.

RV: Stop being an idiot when you post. NPO doesn't care and hasn't cared about you, move along and cut out the crap.

I am now using the Emperor's retreat and I will see you all when my CN vacation is over. o/

I imagine they're considering this very accurate analysis:

Long war is desired obviously. Who in their right mind would think a quick win is possible here? That would be completely delusional.

You can not do much in a short war, versus somebody like Umb, then just scratch the surface. In fights I had, I saw some big WCs, but also I saw a nice melt in them too. Time will do its thing. As well as the human wave effect.

What you bring out though, are political aspects of this thing, not statistical regarding upper tier combat. And I agree, political ones are the ones that matter. This is a political game. Managing to have a small island of upper tier nations, isn't crucial for this war. Politicking on both sides-- is. Realities on the battlefield are determined, smaller side doesn't have anything to hope for much here. It is/shall be defeated, but will produce cute banners. But post war world, is to yet be determined by in large and that now as the world we lived up to this point-- is dead.

I had expected this war to run significantly longer, honestly.  That was well within Eq's power, and would've ground down the warchests of their opposition quite a lot more.  I'll assume that the decision to end was based on spy reports suggesting otherwise though.

Separate note:

Given the many pages of hails from AZTEC, DT and Sengoku on the TOP front, I must assume my old friends have done their usual thing.  TOP makes most of its friends by nuking them.  Glad that hasn't changed.

Edited by Kiss Goodbye

Grats all to peace!

Special shout out to VE for fighting honorably as usual.

DH has ruled this world for a long time so this admission of defeat is significant in CN history.

I look forward to post war political manuevering.  I have a feeling the real fun starts now.

I was hardly surprised that Fark was one of the only alliances really capable of coordinating that war. The "meat grinder" didn't really exist below 30k NS, it was quite a blast down there for us nuke turrets.

Cheers on peace all.

32 wars and 41 nukes over the last two months - I'm ready for a break.

A big tip of the cap to IRON and AI and a few others from NPO who fought well.  Most have been classy and I think everyone had a good time.

And to our allies, Umbrella, GOONS, Mortal Wombat, Deinos, and OTR, it's been fun and great job to you all for fighting hard.

I'd also like to say thank you to two alliances that we are not allied to, but did a hell of a job this war - UCoN and ODN.

Great job everyone and I'm predicting we do this again in September.  See you then.

Grats all to peace!

Special shout out to VE for fighting honorably as usual.

DH has ruled this world for a long time so this admission of defeat is significant in CN history.

I look forward to post war political manuevering.  I have a feeling the real fun starts now.

Agree with your post, especially the bolded bit at the end. 

I'm not sure which will be more interesting/entertaining, the discussion here or the ensuing FA moves that will be made in the coming weeks/months.

Grats on peace to everyone.

Actually it will be the lame attempts by MK to claim victory after admitting defeat in writing.  I've come to expect no less however from people who have trouble separating reality and fantasy.

To your point, indeed there should be some very intriguing FA moves.  I might even have to start being nice to people I've never been particularly nice to in the past.  I've done it before, but it just seems unnatural at first.

Glad to finally see peace. Congrats to everyone for putting up a brilliant fight!

GOONS and ODN, well fought. You've been worthy adversaries. I expect no different from you guys in the future if we are to meet again, I relish such a challenge!  ^_^

o/ NPL

o/ ODN

o/ GOONS

Badass fighters!

I imagine they're considering this very accurate analysis:

You have been defeated as I posted in that OOC thread you quoted me from. You realize this by the fact of surrendering. Logic some of you present, is contradictory to your actual actions as if things were exactly as you paint there would be effectively no incentive for you to surrender. Do not insult common sense with this sad grandstanding. You surrendered, and I can easily point why:

TOP in particular got hammered bellow 400k tech, 3.6 mil strength. Umb bellow 600k tech. 90% of your alliances, a significant part of it in the previous "highest tier", got trashed. Those previously high end nations are not returning there anytime soon. It so seems, Umb will as well receive a membership hit.

Indeed, it would be better if we continued this and got TOP below 300k tech, or Umb below 500k tech. That you managed to avoid that, is to no extend a victory. Also, it would be better for the bigger side if they weren't so nice with the surrender terms. I am still expecting Pingus apology who was already predicting the return of the hated Pacifican L'Ancien Régime. Of course, its easier to just run your mouth and not owning up to it later on.

And as I posted in that OOC thread, while the war was settled as lost for the smaller side, post war world is a new one. Time for people to try to do their best in it. Cut your losses and lick your wounds. Do not rawr as a lion here, you aint one any longer (this especially goes to the tech farm/lowest tier attachment to Umb/MK-- get a grip).

Edited by Branimir

I had fun getting nuked by full wonder nations less than a month after I created my nation.  Haven't had that much fun trying to eke out whatever advantage I could since...WotC probably.

Anyway, as expected, members of the losing coalition are trying to console themselves and point the finger indirectly ("Look at how well I/we did, it's not OUR fault we lost, must be yours."), but what do you expect from children.

All in all, this is probably the most clear cut and fun war we've had here on Planet Bob in a long time, and I was glad to be a part of it.