Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

This means MK is going to become NPO's #%%@^ again right?

P.S. Don't mind this post too much.  I'm not 100% if you catch my drift.

Edit: Congrats on the win NPO and company.

Edited by USMC123

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially I am neutral about this announcement, but to be frank I am glad that all the nations that were tired of the war and couldn't take it anymore can now enjoy peace and rebuilding. The war-happy ones also got their fun for sure, thus I think it's a victory for everyone.

To those that fought well and to those that didn't: YAY peace! :)

OOC - Thanks for having finished this in this way: I think that this style increases the chances that players stay. Good show of those that negotiated this end.

Edit: syntax.

Edited by jerdge

I find the lack of chest thumping and posturing in this thread disturbing.  You guys can do better.   Entertain me!

I'd also like to lodge my first complaint at the new hegemony.  I'm being oppressed!

But congrats to our allies in NPO in accomplishing what they set out to do and bringing this war to a close.

Officially I am neutral about this announcement, but to be frank I am glad that all the nations that were tired of the war and couldn't take it anymore can now enjoy peace and rebuilding. The war-happy ones also got their fun for sure, thus I think it's a victory for everyone.

To those that fought well and to those that didn't: YAY peace! :)

OOC - Thanks for having finished this in this way: I think that this style increases the chances that players stay. Good show of those that negotiated this end.

Edit: syntax.

I guess neutral isn't indifferent, maybe some day we'll have the evil hippies.

OOC - I think when you start thinking about ruining the natural order of things for a game's survival sake, you have only hastened its death. Playing to keep players is not what kept people interested / brought to them to the game, and it's high time people started recognizing that watering down game play and politics in combination with other factors out of our hands that cause others to leave is only doing the game a disservice. /ooc

Edited by IYIyTh

Congrats EQ, you fought a hard war against all the odds and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Nobody expected you to triumph but you pulled it off all the same, bravo.

It's all worth it just for posts like this.

After months of fighting, Aurora Borealis is glad to see peace in our time. Congratulations to our ally GLoF and our coalition mates in DT and Sengoku for fighting well, and to our opponents in TOP, OTR, TSO, and Alchemy for their capable resistance.

Echoing this. And back at AB, too. <3

Which one time was that? Was that sarcastic about the KN-GOONS war or serious? 

Sorry just want to clarify since I'm not sure

Winning the KN-GOONS War after all those months of hard work on the part of them and their allies made them entitled to reps all those other times they took them from alliances. :P

If I were to point to some examples of GOONS taking undeserved reps, I would point to all the times they took part in aggressive wars and charged reps of anyone who countered them. Although reps for GOONS are never deserved, GOONS just feel they are entitled to and should take reps in situations almost no other alliance would do so.

Edited by Methrage

I guess neutral isn't indifferent, maybe some day.

OOC - I think when you start thinking about ruining the natural order of things for a game's survival sake, you have only hastened its death. Playing to keep players is not what kept people interested / brought to them to the game, and it's high time people started recognizing that watering down game play and politics in combination with other factors out of our hands that cause others to leave is only doing the game a disservice. /ooc

In fact Neutrality isn't indifference. (I think that we're quoting someone but I'll pretend that I don't remember who they are.)

OOC - The game isn't approaching any death. That said, you're right that playing a game with fairness involves avoiding watering down stuff in order to "artificially" change the game play, but it also involves avoiding pushing the game features towards the breaking point. Game play has to be left a chance to survive and to preserve meaning, especially in games like CN where there's no ending and the features are far from being perfectly balanced. You can resume all of this with "game play balance".
[Please let's not derail the thread any further, but ofc feel free to blog this if you desire to continue the discussion.]

Boo peace, a few more wars and I would have topped INTs total wars list, just have to be happy with most offensive wars declared I guess

EDIT: need to say wars more. Wars wars wars.

Edited by Azreal

Although reps for GOONS are never deserved, GOONS just feel they are entitled to and should take reps in situations almost no other alliance would do so.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80081

That's my favourite DoW that GOONS got reps for, they oA'd with something like 10 AA's onto NATO and then charged us reps :D

Same time next week?

No peacemode next time, k?

Neo Uruk Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

We give EQ an easy out and they instantly turn to !@#$%* mode. We all know how this could have turned out. Look at where your upper tier fell to and shut up

You need to be rolled into a pile of crap but it is probably impossible seeing how you already are one.

Edited by Commander shepard