Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you're already trying to sowing the mistrust and use the divide and conquer strategy, unhappily for you DH is still the biggest threat to everyone else. 

No need to sow any mistrust. That was already done long ago. 

Hey everyone Airme wants to hit Polar and XX again!!! Nudge, wink, cough, weird signal.

I have no control over future events, but for Eq not to remain with a common foe would be obvious suicide.

EQ couldn't even remain united on the battlefield what makes you think they will remain united in peace time?  

That is a very unsafe bet.

Time will tell.

I would disagree.  Instead of Doomhouse being a threat that needed to be put down, the EQ coalition proved beyond any shadow of doubt that they are a threat to Doomhouse.

You started this war, own up to it.

Now we can either move on or plan for a rematch at some later time.  From the sounds of it you lot want a rematch.  The first time didn't go well for you.  What makes you think the second one will be any easier?

I've tried using logic with you, engaging in lively debate, and nothing seems to get through to you.  Others have tried as well.  So let's try this...

DH was defeated and surrendered.  We will cheerfully defeat you and force you to surrender again at a future date if you want to start shit again.   :)

For anything else you have to say my response will be: Scoreboard.  I might throw in a jab about your grasp of reality, but please let it drop.

EQ couldn't even remain united on the battlefield what makes you think they will remain united in peace time?  

Time will tell.

Never said they would. Just pointing out it'd lead to disastrous results. Maybe not immediately, but eventually. Hopefully Brehon, Dajobo, Salsa, The AI tris, Rabt, and whoever else has decision making power will see this too. One can hope.

His post was referring to future events not past ones. Yes we beat you up and took your crown, because you were pretty shitty kings. You probably won't get it back, because you'll have to exit peace mode to even have a shot. Life goes on.

Nothing exists in a vacuum.  You have proven you are a threat to us.  Why should we sit back and do nothing and wait for you to find another reason to attack us, especially since that is what quite a few people on your side are claiming to want to do?

If we asked for a billion dollars and peace was announced only for you to turn around and say we arent paying it would be war again. There is no difference. Breaking a peace agreement is breaking a peace agreement.

The billion dollars in reparations is a future obligation and peace is made contingent on the fulfillment of that obligation. Here the only future obligation is to "immediately cease hostilities with each other" and even that is really a present obligation.

I've tried using logic with you, engaging in lively debate, and nothing seems to get through to you.  Others have tried as well.  So let's try this...

DH was defeated and surrendered.  We will cheerfully defeat you and force you to surrender again at a future date if you want to start shit again.   :)

For anything else you have to say my response will be: Scoreboard.  I might throw in a jab about your grasp of reality, but please let it drop.

Right, we did surrender as evident by the OP.

That doesn't mean we didn't to a helluva lot of damage and didn't decimate your upper tiers. 

We both can rebuild, and either do this again when you think you've rebuilt enough for a round 2, or you can chose new targets.  Or chose new targets, roll them, then come for us later.

Doesn't change that many of you have said you are coming for us again.  So why wouldn't we make moves to protect ourselves?

Time will tell.

Time will tell that DH will be under the microscope of everyone and if they appear to be becoming too much of a threat they won't just get defeated next time, they'll be rolled permanently.  Their best course is a lay low for an extended period.  I doubt it will happen though.  Too much arrogance in their leadership.

Edited by ChairmanHal

Let's examine the post in question:

I know that has been CnG/DH's stance for a long time.  Its why the last gglobal war (and the first) you ever saw them take reps in was bi polar when they were pre-empted.   There have been no reps for the last three global wars from us.

CnG/DH is the antecedent.  In grammar, the antecedent is a noun, noun phrase, or clause to which an anaphor refers in a coreference.

Them, they, and us are the anaphora.  Anaphora are a type of expression whose reference depends upon another referential element. Pronouns.

A coreference is when multiple expressions in a sentence or document refer to the same thing.

And you guys aren't even members of NEW or Grämlins.  AirMe, I'd expect even the most blind toadie to at least recognize his own language even in a political situation.

Oh, I guess ODN fought all those wars in support of reps taken because they just despise them.

English is still the third language I learned, growing up.

I thought the "us" could stand alone in that last sentence and refer solely to ODN. I do appreciate the lesson, less the tone.

My point stands, though: you can't blame ODN for reps taken by GOONS in 2011. Else, you also have to blame many of your current allies who stood by the GOONS in 2011, much like ODN did.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Time will tell that DH will be under the microscope of everyone and if they appear to be becoming too much of a threat they won't just get defeated next time, they'll be rolled permanently.  Their best course is a lay low for an extended period.  I doubt it will happen though.  Too much arrogance in their leadership.

I would absolutely LOVE to know what you're implying by rolled permanently.

English is still the third language I learned, growing up.

I thought the "us" could stand alone in that last sentence and refer solely to ODN. I do appreciate the lesson, less the tone.

Then my apologies.

My point stands, though: you can't blame ODN for reps taken by GOONS in 2011.

Your point does not stand.  You cannot separate a treaty or going to war for someone from support for what they are.  When ODN attacked CoJ, we went several weeks with no war, so we approached ODN about a ceasefire; OsRavan declined because we were still at war with GOONS, and refused any discussion of peace until we agreed to pay GOONS its money.  CoJ paid the highest reps per capita of that war--$200M for 20 nations, equal to TPF--with OsRavan putting the weight of ODN behind it the entire time. 

If you honestly believe that going to war for an alliance, or treatying an alliance can be separated from support of that alliance and its policies, there isn't much for us to talk about.

Else, you also have to blame many of your current allies who stood by the GOONS in 2011, much like ODN did.

The only AA in EQ which fought on DH's side in that war is FAN, but good try.

So, OsRavan stated "DH/CnG" have not taken reps "since BiPolar" and not in the "past 3 global wars," recounting a history that never occurred and assigning it to moralistic underpinnings which did not exist.  I have shown that he was factually incorrect.  You can keep replying, but that's that.

Edited by Schattenmann

I would disagree.  Instead of Doomhouse being a threat that needed to be put down, the EQ coalition proved beyond any shadow of doubt that they are a threat to Doomhouse.

You started this war, own up to it.

Now we can either move on or plan for a rematch at some later time.  From the sounds of it you lot want a rematch.  The first time didn't go well for you.  What makes you think the second one will be any easier?

If the first time didn't go well for EQ, it went even worse for DH coalition since you're the ones who admitted defeated and surrendered. So I can do the same question for you: What makes you think the second time wont end with another defeat for you? Is the hope that a civil war starts among EQ? If you I pity you, because despise all differences, DH is the threat to be combated.

Time will tell.

If you took a look at TWiG you probably saw that Competence wasn't that united too. In any coalitions there will be disagreement and discussions but the same way SuperGriveances stayed together despise said internal problems, EQ will stay together as long DH and their respective upper tie pose as a threat to all the alliances who formed EQ. I know that DH only hope to escape another war in a near future and face a much bigger defeat this time is that DR/NPO decides to fight XX/SF/NpO, may be you think that NG and CnG will convince DR/NPO to do that, but as I said, if that is your hope, I pity you all, because that was the same hope NPO used to nourish to escape from their beat downs and as you know the SG coalition just broke when NPO become a harmless alliance and until the same happens with DH I don't see EQ disbanding, unless they are a bunch of fools and if so, they will deserve their fate. 

Edited by D34th

No matter the outcome of the war, the spirit of victory thunders in the hearts of Competence--so the roaring shall go on!

You are parading in your own surrender thread. That is just sad, really. My point being, this type of propaganda is for internal use among the defeated parties to make themselves feel better, not here as its going to be dismissed by anyone outside your circle making it pointless.

Cutting to the chase here. The world has changed. Pointless parading aside, its time for all to get busy and do some hard work now.

Then my apologies.

Your point does not stand.  You cannot separate a treaty or going to war for someone from support for what they are.  When ODN attacked CoJ, we went several weeks with no war, so we approached ODN about a ceasefire; OsRavan declined because we were still at war with GOONS, and refused any discussion of peace until we agreed to pay GOONS its money.  CoJ paid the highest reps per capita of that war--$200M for 20 nations, equal to TPF--with OsRavan putting the weight of ODN behind it the entire time. 

If you honestly beleive that going to war for an alliance, or treatying an alliance can be separated from support of that alliance and its policies, there isn't much for us to talk about.

I do and always will.  The difference between some of those alliances and ODN is that OsRavan has been has been ODN's SecGen the entire time, and its Senate is a very small rotating pool. 

So, OsRavan stated "DH/CnG" have not taken reps "since BiPolar" and not in the "past 3 global wars."  I have shown that he was factually incorrect.  You can keep replying, but that's that.

You do realize that in those same wars members of the EQ coalition also took reps, right?

Are you mad at reps, or just when CNG/DH take reps?

Oh do save the bluster.  You don't have the political support for a permanent war and you know it.  There wasn't even internal support for mild war extending terms.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by Sardonic

Oh do save the bluster.  You don't have the support for a permanent war and you know it.  You didn't even have internal support for your mild war extending terms.

So that's why Hal is upset, thanks for the insight.

You do realize that in those same wars members of the EQ coalition also took reps, right?

Are you mad at reps, or just when CNG/DH take reps?

You asked a question that I answered in the post you quoted.  The alliances which took reps because they could while they were playing the Six Degrees of Doom House were just as wrong as ODN still is.

Reparations have their place and use, they're only good or bad in their execution.

Oh do save the bluster.  You don't have the support for a permanent war and you know it.  You didn't even have internal support for your mild war extending terms.

The war extension was dropped because it was not what anyone in the coalition wanted.  But if you're so sure that we're weak-willed, we're all still militarized; give it a go!

Edited by Schattenmann

So PZI is making a return?