Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

I'm sorry to hear that. You should receive the same terms as everyone else. It's a shameful that you can't.
Yes, all wars in CN are started over the smallest reasons. And you can dispute whatever you'd like. I'm going to have my opinion, and you can agree for the most part, right?

Yeah I am down for that mate. Also, I do hope that RV gets peace soon as well. May not agree with much of what he says nowadays but he is still a cool dude.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is how do you plan to win next time when you have even less of an upper tier than you had going into this one.

I could easily ask you how you plan to use your upper tier if there's almost nobody in range.  We won this war after ceding the upper tier.  I don't want to do that again, but it worked despite tihs, even if it wasn't fully decisive. 

I see the many nukes have taken their toll on your nation's literacy rating. GOONS was founded the month of the karma war, roughly. We never claimed to usher in any new ages. Except for the ages of entertainment of course.

Also I have zero regrets in enforcing our rep policies, except that one specific instance.

So basically, Umbrella and MK just love embracing the very thing (or, at least, the functionally equivalent thing) they hated during Karma.

I will say that all of my enemies were either talented or talkative, sometimes both.  There was only one out of (I believe) 12 that I thought was a dick, so a pretty good percentage of good players.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

But not by Umbrella.  More white peace was seen in the DH era than ever before.  

True, Umbrella did not take reps. Though again, while more white peace was seen, the same is true of more reps/harsh terms depending on the alliance. While no alliance was "forced" to disband, I still contend that no alliance has ever been "forced" to disband prior and would have kept said opinion during the DH/CnG era as well.

I could easily ask you how you plan to use your upper tier if there's almost nobody in range.  We won this war after ceding the upper tier.  I don't want to do that again, but it worked despite tihs, even if it wasn't fully decisive.

Easier to sell down than buy up, my friend. As for it being a victory, Pyrrhus would like to thank you for continuing his legacy.

True, Umbrella did not take reps. Though again, while more white peace was seen, the same is true of more reps/harsh terms depending on the alliance. While no alliance was "forced" to disband, I still contend that no alliance has ever been "forced" to disband prior and would have kept said opinion during the DH/CnG era as well.

No alliance was ever "forced" to disband, but some alliances were told they would never see peace so disbanded instead of fighting on like FAN did when told they would never receive peace.

As for harshest reps ever, only a minority of wars ended with what you could call harsh reps.  Only a minority of alliances took reps at all.  And at least half of the alliance that  took reps in the DH era were in the EQ coalition this war.

Really I'm not sure how you can come to a conclusion that we are bad for our allies taking reps when your allies/coaliiton partners have done the same thing in the same wars.

Uh yeah, pretty sure everyone else considered that buried a bloody long time ago.

It was brought up in our embassy as a reason why ODN strives to give and absorb as much damage as possible. Yes, most have considered that buried a long time ago, and as someone originally from CnG I know that reputation has not reflected their true nature for a long time. But there is always someone that will pop up with another, "hurr durr optional," comment.

Also, on an unrelated note: Rontastic for Viceroy of the New Pacific Order!

No alliance was ever "forced" to disband, but some alliances were told they would never see peace so disbanded instead of fighting on like FAN did when told they would never receive peace.

As for harshest reps ever, only a minority of wars ended with what you could call harsh reps.  Only a minority of alliances took reps at all.  And at least half of the alliance that  took reps in the DH era were in the EQ coalition this war.

Really I'm not sure how you can come to a conclusion that we are bad for our allies taking reps when your allies/coaliiton partners have done the same thing in the same wars.

Actually I never stated anyone was bad for taking reps. I was simply stating that reps were taken.

You might also want to think of Pyrrhus when you claim this war as a victory for you.  Losing half your tech?  That hurts whether you won or lost.

That's true, however we were the outnumbered 'losing' side, and we still knocked off about half of AI's tech. I just found it amusing to see some of EQ's guys gloating about victory when no one is coming out of this in good shape.

You might also want to think of Pyrrhus when you claim this war as a victory for you.  Losing half your tech?  That hurts whether you won or lost.

True.  Yet we are still in the contending list for the most tech.  we can rebuild our tech.  So can you.

The difference is if you rebuild too much you will get back into the range of our upper tier, who is also rebuilding tech.  The same upper tier that defeated yours this war.  If you plan on coming for us you have a ceiling where you cannot win at.

The other thing is that, if we outnumber you 3 to 1, we can grow in overall tech 3 times faster than you.  What's better:  three 10K tech nations getting 3K teach each or one 15K tech nation getting 3K tech?

Rebuilding and shifting foreign policies will be key to the next war.  That and where it begins.

That's true, however we were the outnumbered 'losing' side, and we still knocked off about half of AI's tech. I just found it amusing to see some of EQ's guys gloating about victory when no one is coming out of this in good shape.

It's a matter of expectations I suppose. No one expected an easy war, so no one is shocked or surprised that damage was taken as well as received. We've all been to war before. 

Well, except Zulu. And they just rock.

Congrats on a useless war effort against no-name's Steve.

Non Grata admitting defeat and surrendering to MHA and App is kind of great.

Edited by IYIyTh

I'm in pretty good shape.

the citizens of cool place considered joining in on the discussion of what the landscape of the next war will look like and who will be left in a better position with the conclusion of this conflict before realizing that such a discussion is dumb as heck

OOC: seriously get off these boards and go play bioshock infinite

I'm pleasantly surprised to see this final peace agreement in the way that it is structured. Props to our opponents for that.

Most thanks, of course, to our fantastic allies in GOONS, VE, MK, Deinos, The International, TOOTR, TOP, and our friends in ODN as well as all of our coalition mates and allies of allies who fought hard and well throughout this conflict.