Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Karma war- GGA had to pay reps to Athens, AB had to pay reps to GOD, IRON had to pay reps to IPA/ARES/TOH/ROCK, Echelon had to pay reps to GOD/MK/MA/Athens/TTK, NPO had to pay reps to many alliances including CnG/MK, TPF had to pay reps to PC/FOB/MK/GR

*BiPolar War- UCN had to pay reps to GOONs, TOP/IRON/DAWN/TSO had to pay reps to a variety of alliance including those in CnG

KN-GOONs war- KN pays reps to GOONs

*PB-NpO war- DT pays reps to Legacy/CSN, KoH pays reps to Misfits, NpO/TKTB pays reps to SLCB

NG-UPN war- UPN pays reps to Venomous Larvae

*Grudge war- NpO pays reps to TOP/IRON/Valhalla/TSO, Ares (Jtkode) pays reps to TSO/ARES, KoH pays reps to AZTEC, CSN pays reps to DT

GOONs-Mongol war- Mongol/Kaskus pays reps to GOONs

*Dave War- No reps (unless you count the $9million paid from Bull Moose to Nuclear Fire)

So out of 5 major global conflicts since MK/CnG gained power, 4 of them had reps and all 4 had reps going to either MK/CnG or allies of MK/CnG. You were saying mate?

Hostilities in the GOONS-Mongols war were started by the Mongols. They took an aggressive action against us and when diplomacy failed, we responded.

In fact Neutrality isn't indifference. (I think that we're quoting someone but I'll pretend that I don't remember who they are.)

OOC - The game isn't approaching any death. That said, you're right that playing a game with fairness involves avoiding watering down stuff in order to "artificially" change the game play, but it also involves avoiding pushing the game features towards the breaking point. Game play has to be left a chance to survive and to preserve meaning, especially in games like CN where there's no ending and the features are far from being perfectly balanced. You can resume all of this with "game play balance".
[Please let's not derail the thread any further, but ofc feel free to blog this if you desire to continue the discussion.]

I wasn't disagreeing, merely hoping for the callous instead of the hippie neutrals some day. :P

ooc - I didn't say it was. My response to your suggestion that such a policy in place or such a need to retain players that would otherwise naturally be thinned from the herd is irrational and counterproductive. I provided the caveat with things "out of our hands." I didn't mean to derail the conversation, but I did mean to derail what has become a disturbing trend where those in prominent positions or stature within the community whom  provide intrigue/interest to the game continue to actively state their desire to do just the opposite in the (foolish in my opinion,) hopes of retaining members who otherwise would be replaced by a greater number of new entrants.

Edited by IYIyTh

i'm glad we reached peace, but it felt too soon for me personally, i was preparing for another tour after trading nukes with some INT members, i wanted to refocus my efforts on ODN,

oh well maybe next time,

well fought, INT, you were put in a difficult position defending an ally and facing the "overkill coalition" (or derp rush like others like to say), but never gave up, o7

thanks to our allies UCR and NATO and MCXA for making this experience a good one

o/ NATO

o/ LSF

o/ UCR

o/ MCXA

also our non-allies in the coalition, too many to name, but were always helpful when needed

o/ EQUILIBRIUM

o/ peace

Well we got one hell of a hiding but have a whole new set of axes to grind and at least Umbrella didn't have to accept those preposterous original terms.

A pleasure (in a sadistic way) fighting IRON and props to MW, UCoN and Deinos.

Officially I am neutral about this announcement, but to be frank I am glad that all the nations that were tired of the war and couldn't take it anymore can now enjoy peace and rebuilding. The war-happy ones also got their fun for sure, thus I think it's a victory for everyone.

To those that fought well and to those that didn't: YAY peace! :)

So you say that while you're officially neutral you want to be frank, and then make three non-commital comments exceeded in their neutrality only by their banality.

Way to get us excited that you and GPA finally got hold of some personality only to disappoint yet again.

Good thing I checked the OWF before finishing the second half of the quad. o.O
Barukh atah Adonai Eloheinu melekh ha‑olam.

You mean your alliance didn't immediately inform you of peace in-game? What kind of a cruddy, disorganised mess of an alliance are you a mem...oh, wait. I see.

Aren't you who has a long vendetta against NPO? It's cute to see you trying to gain the sympathy of OWF with your false pitiful tone. If you want to surrender, just decom you military improvements and ask for NPO protection while the terms last, I'm sure they will grant it. Now if you didn't wanted to be treated differently, you should have stayed at MK and not gone rogue just to grab some extra attention.

My leaving MK had nothing to do with this war. Believe it or not, attention is not what drives me. Nor am I a "rogue," but rather an independent allied faction of the Umbrella Coalition.

Pathetic end. Shoutout to VE who have been outstanding warriors and very classy. You have earned my respect and dare I say the respect of the majority of IRONers. o/ VE

I'll second that in every respect.

We salute you VE for a courageous fight with honour.

You can keep your horses, sir, and your swords.

As for the whiny AA shifting cowards of Umbrella; you may be crowing now about your intact upper tier but next time around, how many allies do you think you'll have left to cower behind? Methinks people will remember being used as meat shields to protect your precious warchests.