Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

So you say that while you're officially neutral you want to be frank, and then make three non-commital comments exceeded in their neutrality only by their banality.

Way to get us excited that you and GPA finally got hold of some personality only to disappoint yet again.

I am sure that you actually prefer that I openly say what I think, however boring for you, rather than pretending that I am sharing exciting strong opinions that I don't have, though. You should know me a bit, after all: we aren't complete strangers.

Without sarcasm, my satisfaction about my neutrality and banality should not overshadow my sorrow that you didn't find in my comment the excitement that you were looking for. It's just not my fault that you're looking in the wrong direction.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats all to peace!

Special shout out to VE for fighting honorably as usual.

DH has ruled this world for a long time so this admission of defeat is significant in CN history.

I look forward to post war political manuevering.  I have a feeling the real fun starts now.

Judging by this thread DH/TOP are the same geniuses they were before the war. They are expanding nowhere. The real question is will their allies/fringe allies see that DH/TOP, the geniuses that led them down this dead end havent learned a thing and are unlikely to change with the times and will those allies stand by them as their half wit antics continue

Judging by this thread DH/TOP are the same geniuses they were before the war. They are expanding nowhere. The real question is will their allies/fringe allies see that DH/TOP, the geniuses that led them down this dead end havent learned a thing and are unlikely to change with the times and will those allies stand by them as their half wit antics continue

We are pretty damned smart indeed, thanks for recognizing.

Those of you running your mouths and basically spitting on this document and any talks of "strategic victory" or any of that mess needs to be ashamed of themselves. Not a single one of you has room to talk about anything as you peanut gallery run your mouths.

I, for one, was taken completely by surprise by these replies.

[hr]

::considers:: Im not even pr spinning.  I was and am genuinly under the impression that both sides of this war have a dislike of reps.  I know that has been CnG/DH's stance for a long time.  Its why the last gglobal war (and the first) you ever saw them take reps in was bi polar when they were pre-empted.   There have been no reps for the last three global wars from us.  And this has been a philosiphy, moving away from reps, that I think the EQ side has shared.

Is that a fact?  BiPolar was the last war that you and your allies took reps, back in 2010?

March 2011 [snapback]2650252[/snapback]

1.Olympus and the North American Confederacy agree not to re-enter the Doomhouse-NPO conflict.
2.The North American Confederacy agrees to 102 million in reparations to GOONS, which will be paid on their behalf by Olympus.
Olympus and the North American Confederacy hereby surrender to the combined forces of Doomhouse with the following conditions:

The Last Republic surrenders to the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. We fought a good fight and we enjoyed our battles but now it’s time to move on.

1. The Last Republic agrees to not re-enter the Doomhouse/NPO war for any reason,
on any front that can be tangentially related back to the primary conflict.
2. The Last Republic agrees to pay GOONS 100 million dongs to GOONS within 4 months,
the period of which starting after the Doomhouse/NPO war has come to a close.
3. If the conflict does not come to a close within two months of the signing of this agreement
because of a diplomatic impasse between one or more of the parties currently at war,
the reparation payment period is to begin then.

Carpe Diem surrenders to the forces of the Mushroom Kingdom and The Order of the Paradox. As part of its surrender, Carpe Diem agrees to the following terms:

1) Carpe Diem agrees to pay 18,000 tech and $150 million to the Mushroom Kingdom. 6,000 tech will come from its top
ten nations in peace mode at the time of this surrender. This debt shall not come due until the substantial conclusion of the current global conflict, a time decided by the Mushroom Kingdom.

2) Carpe Diem will accept no aid from outside sources for a period of two months or until reparations are paid, whichever comes later. This includes aid from foreign nations that temporarily fly the Carpe Diem banner.

NSO and ASU surrender to the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism

1. NSO and ASU agrees to not re-enter the Doomhouse/NPO war for any reason, on any front that can be tangentially related back to the primary conflict.

2. NSO agrees to pay GOONS 100 million dongs to GOONS within 4 months, the period of which starting after the Doomhouse/NPO war has come to a close.

3. ASU agrees to pay 80 million dongs to GOONS within 4 months, the period of which starting after the Doomhouse/NPO war has come to a close. (NSO can assist in the payment)

4. Rebel Virginia (RV) agrees to join GOONS for a minimum period of 30 days. If Rebel Virginia leaves GOONS unprompted, NSO will be considered in violation of the spirit of the agreement and be levied 300 million instead of the above 100 million. If RV is cast out of the alliance for unironic spying or any such unpleasantness unsanctioned by NSO, NSO will be charged 200 million total.

1) The Order Of Light surrenders and admits defeat to the forces of the Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella.
2) TOOL will transfer 26,000 units of technology to MK at a rate of 3 million dollars for 100 technology, with payments not to begin for a period of 3 months from the signing of these terms.

May 2011 [snapback]2704610[/snapback]

Reparations

1. The Legion, The Phoenix Federation, Regnum Invictorum, Cult of Justitia, The Sasori Initiative, 64Digits, Sanitarium, NADC, and SNAFU, (Henceforth referred too as Team Rocket) shall pay $2,427,000,000 to The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism.
--1a. This will be paid in a total of 809 aid slots of $3 million each.
--1b. This will be paid over a maximum period of 15 cycles, with a minimum of 20% (485,400,000) being paid every 3 cycles.
--1c. Each cycle will have an agreed upon start date set between GOONS and the alliance sending the aid, each alliance's cycle is independent of one another.
2. Over the course of the reparations the payers will be allocated 162 slots that they can be 5 days or more late on.
--2a. For every late slot after the allocated 162, an additional $3,000,000 will be added to the cumulative terms.
3. Reparations payments shall commence no later than thirty days after the date on which the limited war is over. Team Rocket must pay all reparations within four months thereafter.

CSN-
1) Surrenders to those at war with them.
2) No re-entry into current conflicts*.
3) 2.5k of tech from Liz, 2.5k from anyone in CSN and 5k 3/100

1. The New Polar Order shall pay to TOP and TSO reparations totaling 125,000 units of technology, to be distributed as those alliances see fit.

2. All reparations shall originate from current member nations of the New Polar Order.

3. The New Polar Order shall make the payment of these reparations a priority, and shall complete payment within four months.

1. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, its allies, Mongols, and Kaskus agree to masturpeace.
2. Mongols and Kaskus agree to pay the sum of $177 million to GOONS.

"No reps for the last three global wars?"  Are you a glue-sniffer with a fried memory, or do you just take us for fools?  The fact of the matter is that The Dave War was the first time that DH and its allies did not take reps, ODN fought for and signed terms for reps in every war, and by the time Dave rolled around you all simply did not have the capital to demand reps.  "A philosophy"?!  Hahahaha  A philosophy of trying to save your own skins, perhaps.

Edited by Schattenmann

I don't think you'll need to wait that much.

I would wager that there is a grouping of alliances most will be gunning for a lot sooner than that.   And I think it is safe to say it's not DH/C&G.

You have been defeated as I posted in that OOC thread you quoted me from. You realize this by the fact of surrendering. Logic some of you present, is contradictory to your actual actions as if things were exactly as you paint there would be effectively no incentive for you to surrender. Do not insult common sense with this sad grandstanding. You surrendered, and I can easily point why:

TOP in particular got hammered bellow 400k tech, 3.6 mil strength. Umb bellow 600k tech. 90% of your alliances, a significant part of it in the previous "highest tier", got trashed. Those previously high end nations are not returning there anytime soon. It so seems, Umb will as well receive a membership hit.

Indeed, it would be better if we continued this and got TOP below 300k tech, or Umb below 500k tech. That you managed to avoid that, is to no extend a victory. Also, it would be better for the bigger side if they weren't so nice with the surrender terms. I am still expecting Pingus apology who was already predicting the return of the hated Pacifican L'Ancien Régime. Of course, its easier to just run your mouth and not owning up to it later on.

And as I posted in that OOC thread, while the war was settled as lost for the smaller side, post war world is a new one. Time for people to try to do their best in it. Cut your losses and lick your wounds. Do not rawr as a lion here, you aint one any longer (this especially goes to the tech farm/lowest tier attachment to Umb/MK-- get a grip).

I do not contest that defeat is defeat, but it may be unwise to play the tech card. I haven't run new figures on my other computer yet to check all alliances, but AI alone lost some 450,000 tech in the course of this conflict. I do not believe any other alliance for eQ took quite so much damage, but there was substantial injury across the board. As far as defeats go, this was a pretty bearable one for Competence.

No matter the outcome of the war, the spirit of victory thunders in the hearts of Competence--so the roaring shall go on!

Schattenman, I think that OsRavan's use of the "us" refers solely to ODN or, if anything, to C&G.

You can't blame ODN for reparations taken by the GOONS in 2011.

Oh but he will. Wait momentarily and he'll happily angrily explain why he can! Edited by Ardus

Schattenman, I think that OsRavan's use of the "us" refers solely to ODN or, if anything, to C&G.

Yes he can. You can't stop the spin machine. I am sure there is currently a reply being formulated to show you how wrong you are!

I'll second that in every respect.

We salute you VE for a courageous fight with honour.

You can keep your horses, sir, and your swords.

As for the whiny AA shifting cowards of Umbrella; you may be crowing now about your intact upper tier but next time around, how many allies do you think you'll have left to cower behind? Methinks people will remember being used as meat shields to protect your precious warchests.

Tell us how you really feel.

I would wager that there is a grouping of alliances most will be gunning for a lot sooner than that.   And I think it is safe to say it's not DH/C&G.

I see you're already trying to sowing the mistrust and use the divide and conquer strategy, unhappily for you DH is still the biggest threat to everyone else. 

Oh but he will. Wait momentarily and he'll happily angrily explain why he can!

Yes he can. You can't stop the spin machine. I am sure there is currently a reply being formulated to show you how wrong you are!

Let's examine the post in question:

I know that has been CnG/DH's stance for a long time.  Its why the last gglobal war (and the first) you ever saw them take reps in was bi polar when they were pre-empted.   There have been no reps for the last three global wars from us.

CnG/DH is the antecedent.  In grammar, the antecedent is a noun, noun phrase, or clause to which an anaphor refers in a coreference.

Them, they, and us are the anaphora.  Anaphora are a type of expression whose reference depends upon another referential element. Pronouns.

A coreference is when multiple expressions in a sentence or document refer to the same thing.

And you guys aren't even members of NEW or Grämlins.  AirMe, I'd expect even the most blind toadie to at least recognize his own language even in a political situation.

Oh, I guess ODN fought all those wars in support of reps taken because they just despise them.

Edited by Schattenmann

Hey everyone Airme wants to hit Polar and XX again!!! Nudge, wink, cough, weird signal.

I have no control over future events, but for Eq not to remain with a common foe would be obvious suicide.

I see you're already trying to sowing the mistrust and use the divide and conquer strategy, unhappily for you DH is still the biggest threat to everyone else. 

I would disagree.  Instead of Doomhouse being a threat that needed to be put down, the EQ coalition proved beyond any shadow of doubt that they are a threat to Doomhouse.

You started this war, own up to it.

Now we can either move on or plan for a rematch at some later time.  From the sounds of it you lot want a rematch.  The first time didn't go well for you.  What makes you think the second one will be any easier?

There was one condition, to admit defeat and surrender. Looks to me like the one and only condition has been broken meaning the war has not ended.

You're trying too hard.

You're trying too hard.

If we asked for a billion dollars and peace was announced only for you to turn around and say we arent paying it would be war again. There is no difference. Breaking a peace agreement is breaking a peace agreement.

I would disagree.  Instead of Doomhouse being a threat that needed to be put down, the EQ coalition proved beyond any shadow of doubt that they are a threat to Doomhouse.

You started this war, own up to it.

His post was referring to future events not past ones. Yes we beat you up and took your crown, because you were pretty shitty kings. You probably won't get it back, because you'll have to exit peace mode to even have a shot. Life goes on. Edited by Omniscient1

That is a very unsafe bet.

Caliph, congrats on coming out of peace mode on the day the war effectively ended.

Edited by Commander shepard