Hell Freezes Over

Beauty

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339535501' post='2981689']
What? You're all a bunch of turds.
[/quote]
yeah you can't play that game and try to defend someone who's widely hated.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1339534270' post='2981667']
This isn't a political view tbh. It's a matter of principle. I just couldn't quite tell Rush to hop off MK while I was wanting to stay tied to JGoods.
[/quote]
Sure you could. I tell Trot to get off MK's dick all the time. :awesome:

What? You're all a bunch of turds.

Even if Rotavale is someone you isn't like, he/she is clearly just a younger person. We've all seen "that person," before in an alliance. Even if that person only stays one day, a week, two weeks, a month, what have you -- that's fine. That's one less day of work a potential competitor isn't getting and I have plenty of work for any individual. Rotavale's issue isn't that he/she is a terrible person, it's of boredom. Bored people who aren't kept busy with no motivation have no incentive to stick and one spot and of the type of person I'd characterize Rota's energy is focused into something non-productive or he/she just goes and does her own thing. I don't know if anyone else is mature enough to manage an alliance of varied personalities that aren't punished the minute they say/do something you don't like, but it's really not as hard as you might think. I'd like to think R&R would be able to keep any individual busy.

It really is no wonder that the same people who talk about why the game is dying aren't in the same conversation of how to keep it going.

Also for christ sakes keep this OOC thread OOC.
[/quote]

I agree somewhat, but there's really no reason to get so angry at this game that you write castration stories, tell people to die, and then log dump on all your friends. I was nice to Rotavelle before this, and I wish her good luck in real life. It's not good to see the fit she is throwing here though.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1339535684' post='2981695']
Dave was already resigning and said he'd take full accountability/responsibility for the episode. Plus he was looking forward to fighting [i]anyways[/i] on his way out. Just providing some context there.
[/quote]

Ah, see I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1339513923' post='2981523']It's because nothing happened, so to speak. She went from one alliance to the other, rerolled several times, occupied minor offices and never did anything productive with them. She's not shaking things up, much in the same way that a 0.5 earthquake isn't making the news. She just thinks she was really important somehow.

On another note, when you have people from all over the cyberverse saying "good riddance" at your departure, you should probably reflect on that.[/quote]
You are correct on both counts, but neither is really a reason to gather to throw OOC "hate" against anyone (I am not talking of you, obviously).

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1339519986' post='2981563']Yeah, I'm sorry Jerdge but I'm going to have to say that nobody's intent while whining about the lack of things happening was to hear the obnoxious, insignificant ramblings of an attention-starved failure who's biggest and most lasting contribution to this game is the thread she leaves in.[/quote]
Rotavele might have done "nothing" and she might be delusional about her impact, and she might have even been a truly terrible player: those are good enough reasons to make a bit of sharp fun of her - similar to the jabs she threw to a few people - but probably not to fill her OOC goodbye thread with this many snarky bitter comments.
(I am not talking of you personally either.)

tl;dr - This is just an OOC goodbye thread. She will likely come back. You're all saying she's irrelevant. Guys, really... Don't get all that agitated! :)

Also for christ sakes keep this OOC thread OOC.
[/quote]

Yeah people, let's keep this all OOC and write fantasy about slicing KingXander to pieces and wishing death upon him.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339534352' post='2981668']
When you re-roll join R&R.
[/quote]

Uhm... No. Honestly, if someone constantly screws over his friends... We have a soft spot for martyrs, but not THAT soft.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339534352' post='2981668']
When you re-roll join R&R.
[/quote]

See I don't think this is a good idea, even though lots of people like to crap on R&R and despite the existence of Myth, I feel like RnR has higher sta

[quote name='katashimon13' timestamp='1339537345' post='2981722']
its amazing how much energy bob wastes on one person....

rawr
[/quote]

oh

welp

I don't think King Xander is bothered by Rotavele, nor do I really think many here have something to stand on when it comes to ethos IC. (Some OOC.)

Also, the IC revilement of an individual and the OOC berating of an individual are two separate things.

I don't really care what Rota did but if you can't see that it's just someone younger playing an internet game then I really don't know what to tell you.

So yeah, get your kicks...or something.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Margrave' timestamp='1339552519' post='2981839']
One more terrible writer gone; 9001+ to go.

I would sacrifice a million Rota's for one more good post from Dilber.
[/quote]

It is hard to resist a longing for the days of old while reading a thread like this. Perhaps we have always complained of a devolution in the quality of posting on the OWF, but at this point I don't see how it could get any worse. I fear I will be proven wrong in the coming years.

[quote name='Margrave' timestamp='1339552519' post='2981839']
One more terrible writer gone; 9001+ to go.

I would sacrifice a million Rota's for one more good post from Dilber.
[/quote]

Your wish is granted. I'll accept my giant sacrifice now.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1339559422' post='2981893']
All I got from this is a whiner who didn't get enough attention from people in a internet game.
[/quote]

And people giving it to him/her *

[s]You forgot that part. [/s] Well actually in fairness I guess you didn't.
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]

Edited by IYIyTh