Beauty

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1339520404' post='2981564']
I'm sorry for being diplomatic and reasonable. :(
[/quote]

There is a fine line between being diplomatic and being insipid. This... I don't know, man. I just don't know.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1339524374' post='2981593']
There is a fine line between being diplomatic and being insipid. This... I don't know, man. I just don't know.
[/quote]

Are you serious? Lets look at this for a minute: Dave (former leader/gov member of TIO) [i]asked for screenshots[/i] from Rotavele (a low-level gov member of CSN). He then gets said screenshots from Rota. There really isn't a more cut and dry CB out there. Even though it wasn't sanctioned by TIO, and we never even saw the screenshots until now, Dave clearly was trying to get sensitive information from Rota.

Why does having a candid conversation with CSN regarding a potential spy threat and subsequently resolving the issue in a matter of minutes to the satisfaction of both parties render one or the other spineless? Boiled down, this scenario is the definition of diplomacy.

I'm not trying to make a federal case out of anything. All I'm saying is, it's shocking to see an alliance hand over a senior member and former leader over an issue that happened.. how long ago? It's sort of telling that this is what you define as a satisfactory ending to this situation.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1339528582' post='2981622']
I'm not trying to make a federal case out of anything. All I'm saying is, it's shocking to see an alliance hand over a senior member and former leader over an issue that happened.. how long ago? It's sort of telling that this is what you define as a satisfactory ending to this situation.
[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. If you were simply hoping for a war. I get that. I hope we get a war this summer. I do feel bad for Dave as he is a friend and I hate to see him get ZIed, but the decisions he made were his decisions and they come with consequences. Secondly, and I hope everyone at TIO is fine with me saying this bit of commentary, but TIO probably could have just told CSN to fly off over this due to the power imbalance between the two alliances. However TIO instead rectified the situation even though they didn't have to. You obviously will likely disagree this characterization, but I think their decision was honorable.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1339527516' post='2981615']
Why does having a candid conversation with CSN regarding a potential spy threat and subsequently resolving the issue in a matter of minutes to the satisfaction of both parties render one or the other spineless?
[/quote]
Because everyone wants SF rolled again so that it isn't their turn.

[/quote]
It happened a few months ago, iirc. TOP/IRON just declared on Polar for grievances that are [i]years[/i] old. Would you please hop off MK's tip? It's really unbecoming of an alliance leader.

[/quote]

Oh come on Trotsky, you said yourself you'd do the exact same thing in CSN's position, don't be a hypocrite. They did the right and reasonable thing. If someone steps out of line they should be punished, regardless of who they are. Telling us to screw ourselves or whatever would have been a dick move. They were tactful and diplomatic when they didn't have to be. That shows a lot of class.

Edited by Sniper Joe

I think this whole thread, and just about everything Rotavele has been rambling on about for the last several weeks can be summed up with this great quote.

[quote]what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.[/quote]

As for this...

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1339464607' post='2981088']
Trust me, I dont think i'm coming back. I've been on my own in this game for the past 6 months. I've been isolated by many and endured more beatings than any of you ever will. I've rode the harsh waves. I've seen and done it all. Im proud of my time in CN, In my opinion... Im the strongest one here. None of you can say you've been through half of what I've been, and I take my battle scars proudly. I will be leaving soon, and hope for all of you to burn. I wont be back, Trust me. I've been through enough in this community to even consider coming back here.
[/quote]

I want you to go to the closest mirror and look at yourself and say what you see. If you see anything other than an immature, idiotic, servile self seeking flatterer whose incompetence, dishonesty, lack of loyalty, general incompetence and delusions of grandeur have managed to bring about a collective consensus among this community, which has hitherto never occurred, that in your time here you have been nigh completely insignificant and generally a worthless nuisance, then you my friend need to walk to the nearest emergency room and demand a cat scan because honey your brain is malfunctioning worse than the gas tank on a 1971 Ford Pinto and you'll want to get it checked out before it goes up in flames. This is a bloody nation simulator. "Battle scars"? "None of you can say you've been through half of what I've been through"? Let me go grab a Holocaust survivor and you can swap stories over the "harsh waves" you rode. I am sure they will thoroughly impressed. Grow up, learn the value of honestly, loyalty, and friendship. Go off to college and find better things to do with your time and have a good life away from this place.

Bonne chance

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1339529983' post='2981628']

It happened a few months ago, iirc. TOP/IRON just declared on Polar for grievances that are [i]years[/i] old. Would you please hop off MK's tip? It's really unbecoming of an alliance leader.
[/quote]

You change your CN political views more than Rota changes AA's, Rey. :P

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1339530402' post='2981632']
Oh come on Trotsky, you said yourself you'd do the exact same thing in CSN's position, don't be a hypocrite. They did the right and reasonable thing. If someone steps out of line they should be punished, regardless of who they are. Telling us to screw ourselves or whatever would have been a dick move. They were tactful and diplomatic when they didn't have to be. That shows a lot of class.
[/quote]

And like I said, the concept of hypocrisy only exists here on planet bob if we first accept that morality does. Otherwise it's a flawed concept because it assumes that everyone is to be held to the same standard. And they're not. I guess it just depends on who you ask.

My comment wasn't meant as a slide against CSN, for the record. More like a general condemnation of so easily forking over the former leader of ones alliance, even if in the name of diplomacy.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[/quote]

So? Its a matter of principle Rey. We conduct ourselves with pride and class in the FA arena towards friend and foe alike, and more often than not we are met with the same level of pride and class. While that isn't necessarily the way some other alliances roll, I'd say it has worked out for us thus far. Put any alliance in CSN's shoes and I can promise you our reaction would have been identical. Principles, my friend.

[/quote]

Um... I agree with you. What the... :unsure:

[color=purple][b]*Dark Temptation[/b][/color] goes to take a shower.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1339531531' post='2981637']
My comment wasn't meant as a slide against CSN, for the record. More like a general condemnation of so easily forking over the former leader of ones alliance, even if in the name of diplomacy.
[/quote]

Oh, come now Trotsky, I don't think anyone in TIO is happy with the result. But Dave made a decision, and he will pay the price for that decision. It's as simple as that. It really is.

I agree with Trotsky to a point. At the very least, they could've negotiated reps or limited war of a few rounds. Of course, it's possible CSN was like "yeah, no, we want ZI and that's it", but I highly doubt that was the case. Either way, I wouldn't be caught dead in an alliance who would throw me to the wolves over dumb !@#$ like this.

I'm not sure Dave did anything dishonorable or ZI worthy. Didn't he just ask to take a look at what Rota had?

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1339531531' post='2981637']
You change your CN political views more than Rota changes AA's, Rey. :P
[/quote]
This isn't a political view tbh. It's a matter of principle. I just couldn't quite tell Rush to hop off MK while I was wanting to stay tied to JGoods.

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1339532163' post='2981648']
So? Its a matter of principle Rey.[/quote]
I was just answering your question!

[quote]Um... I agree with you. What the... :unsure:

[color=purple][b]*Dark Temptation[/b][/color] goes to take a shower.
[/quote]
I tend to be right.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1339534199' post='2981665']
I'm not sure Dave did anything dishonorable or ZI worthy. Didn't he just ask to take a look at what Rota had?
[/quote]
Take another look. Rotavele claims that Dave sent her to CSN specifically. Whether that's true or not, he did ask for the screenshots as proof.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1339534116' post='2981663']
I agree with Trotsky to a point. At the very least, they could've negotiated reps or limited war of a few rounds. Of course, it's possible CSN was like "yeah, no, we want ZI and that's it", but I highly doubt that was the case. Either way, I wouldn't be caught dead in an alliance who would throw me to the wolves over dumb !@#$ like this.
[/quote]

Dave was bored, this is all the fun he wanted :P.

[/quote]

To be fair, I don't think your application to TIO would be accepted anyway, so it's all good.
Being thrown to the wolves? :lol1: That's just ridiculous. Ask Dave if he feels he's been thrown to the wolves. When I talked to him, he said he was looking forward to tearing CSN's lower tier.

What? You're all a bunch of turds.

Even if Rotavale is someone you isn't like, he/she is clearly just a younger person. We've all seen "that person," before in an alliance. Even if that person only stays one day, a week, two weeks, a month, what have you -- that's fine. That's one less day of work a potential competitor isn't getting and I have plenty of work for any individual. Rotavale's issue isn't that he/she is a terrible person, it's of boredom. Bored people who aren't kept busy with no motivation have no incentive to stick and one spot and of the type of person I'd characterize Rota's energy is focused into something non-productive or he/she just goes and does her own thing. I don't know if anyone else is mature enough to manage an alliance of varied personalities that aren't punished the minute they say/do something you don't like, but it's really not as hard as you might think. I'd like to think R&R would be able to keep any individual busy.

It really is no wonder that the same people who talk about why the game is dying aren't in the same conversation of how to keep it going.

Also for christ sakes keep this OOC thread OOC.

Edited by IYIyTh

[/quote]

Dave was already resigning and said he'd take full accountability/responsibility for the episode. Plus he was looking forward to fighting [i]anyways[/i] on his way out. Just providing some context there.