The Unholy Tech Race

Azaghul

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Deuterium Dawn' timestamp='1316134455' post='2801173']
On that scale, technicalities are irrelevant. But you have a point, that whole banner is tasteless and crass. Par for the course for both of you.
[/quote]

And the mention of a friend of mine in the same sentence?. Tasteless and crass as well. Par for the course for the average Polar member. Get out.

Swastikas have also been used in other various ancient civilizations around the world, it remains widely used in Indian Religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, primarily as a sacred symbol of good luck. All of which are religions nation rulers can choose for their nations, so I don't see why people are complaining about that and the hammer and sickle people can choose as their nation flags already. That MK is not letting public opinions and a few bad people using it in the past as reason not to use it, I think is a good thing. Free speech and all that is something worth pushing for, especially with the double standards some have towards the symbol.

Let people be offended if they don't have thick enough skin and the capacity to realize a symbol is just that, both bad and good people have used. That some bad people have used it shouldn't make the symbol taboo, although the hammer and sickle has no history of being used for anything good. Although we all knew TOP was evil already. :P

Edited by Methrage

OOC:
[spoiler][quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316349668' post='2802962']
Swastikas have also been used in other various ancient civilizations around the world, it remains widely used in Indian Religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, primarily as a sacred symbol of good luck. All of which are religions nation rulers can choose for their nations, so I don't see why people are complaining about that and the hammer and sickle people can choose as their nation flags already. That MK is not letting public opinions and a few bad people using it in the past as reason not to use it, I think is a good thing. Free speech and all that is something worth pushing for, especially with the double standards some have towards the symbol.
[/quote]

When you add a white circle on a red background you are doing a bit more than just using a ancient symbol, you use it as a symbol to offend people. You can talk all day long about it but it wasn't meant to of religious use or anything thing else. It's god damn insulting to even drag those religions in when the "Mushriech" use in it's way currently displayed, they even have signature images which displays the Nazi salute. Before you say it's also ancient you are pretty much wrong (there a important and visible to the Nazi and Roman one).

It's done for provocation and nothing more.[/spoiler]

IC:

No daily stat updates, I want to see who's winning :( .

Edited by xoindotnler