Top Posters In This Topic

how bout TGE-Nor? there was some serious bad blood between those two alliances

there also seems to still be some hostility between CSN-DT

also how bout UPN-GOD

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1305635760' post='2713604']
Anybody remember TPF-Atlantis?

-Bama
[/quote]
Oh lawdy! When I was in OPP Slayer went bananas over Atlantis approaching other OPP alliances about a trade bloc.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1305647762' post='2713667']
GOONS v CDS is a old one but I remember it being somewhat intense at least until CDS was forced off black team and into irrelevancy.
[/quote]
GOONS v VE/Obsidian Entente.
[quote name='John Rocker' timestamp='1189449293' post='20627']
Daemon I still have a great deal of personal respect for you sir. But I don't know, I myself as one of the ten founding members of the Obsidian Entente was really looking forward to joining the Black sphere, but you still decided to kick us off. I am curious if there should be an apology made to the OE
[/quote]

GATO v. NPO - The biggest one, to me. This defined my first months in this game.
NpO/NPO v. NAAC - And yet... a former NAAC leader became NpO emperor. Still, this was huge for so, so long.
Legion v. Valhalla - How quickly this is forgotten. This one was terrible for so long.
BAPS v. MK - So much vitriol on both sides, years later.
GPA v. Itself - No control. No ability to say no to members. Failure to recognize their fundamental problems in their alliance's being. They didn't deserve to get rolled, but they were certainly their own worst enemy.
IRON v. ODN v. FOK - A long time ago now, but this was a huge problem back in the day. The color wars of yore.

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1305611600' post='2713507']
TOP/Umbrella/Grëmlins vs fighting on the losing side of a war
[/quote]

We lost the war you betrayed us in, remember? :P

1. TOP-NpO probably wouldn't exist if NpO weren't back stabbers or liars(as demonstrated by Draztikus)
2. MK-NPO
3.Valhalla-STA
4.NPO-FAN

NPO and GATO. Nothing else came close or has come close. NpO v. NAAC may have been a big deal when it happened, but that rivalry only lasted as long as NAAC did and was over by mid 2007. The divide between NPO and GATO drove politics for most of 2006, 2007, and 2008, and only really ended when NPO was knocked too far down to pursue it in Karma (early 2009). If that war had gone differently, the two alliances probably would have gone at each other again.

#2 is definitely NPO and MK. Those two alliances don't go back as far as NPO and GATO but they've been glaring at each other since MK was founded in mid 2007 and have been the opposing sides of WoTC, Karma, TOP-CNG, and DH-NPO. NPO's policy of isolating MK before WOTC resulted in many of the alliances and players that didn't like NPO gravitating to MK and vice versa. In this way, NPO created an enemy in their own (opposite) image. Four wars later and they're still recruiting flunkies to throw at each other.

So in terms of greatest rivalry today, I think it's definitely NPO and MK. But in terms of greatest rivalry of all time, I think NPO and GATO edge that one out, mainly because GATO developed on its own and actually predated NPO. NPO intentionally or unintentionally created MK out of its own policies and is still paying for it.

Edit: and for the sake of argument, I'm not counting MK as LUE or LUE as MK. There were and are some former LUE among MK but there are also a lot of other people who have their own reasons for being there and I don't think it's fair to lump them in with LUE, which as an alliance ended in 2007.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1305651389' post='2713695']
So in terms of greatest rivalry today, I think it's definitely NPO and MK. But in terms of greatest rivalry of all time, I think NPO and GATO edge that one out, mainly because GATO developed on its own and actually predated NPO. NPO intentionally or unintentionally created MK out of its own policies and is still paying for it.
[/quote]
Plus GATO never punked out to NPO like ODN.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1305647762' post='2713667']
GOONS v CDS is a old one but I remember it being somewhat intense at least until CDS was forced off black team and into irrelevancy.
[/quote]

Yeah it was pretty intense for us back in CDS and then having to move to white and the whole renaming the alliance. Tough time.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1305632893' post='2713593']
Sincerely, stop waiting for someone else to tell you can, come and get us if you really need to. Last time I checked we were about to pass you again BTW, exactly how rebuilt would you like us? You don't have any chance ever of an element of surprise, we are ever vigilant against the snakes in the grass.

[/quote]

Would it mean more if I told you to rebuild your nations so you'd have at least a small percentage in our range for more than 3 days?

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1305612836' post='2713517']
NSO v. proper nation building
[/quote]
Oh really now?

First we'll look at aid slot useage, since that's a good indicator of an alliances economic ability and growth potential.
New Sith Order: 259 slots used out of a potential 442 slots, for a 58.6% rate of useage.
Global Order of Darkness: 225 slots used out of a potential 542 slots, for a 41.5% rate of useage.
Oh hey, look at that- we're not only using a greater percentage of slots than you, we're using more total slots, despite the fact that you have more potential slots to use!

Now let's take a look at growth rate. I picked a date, the 24th of April, and measured growth rates since then.
New Sith Order: 120,902 nation strength gained since 4/24, for a 10.9% increase in total nation strength.
Global Order of Darkness: 232,723 nation strength gained since 4/24, for a 6.02% increase in total nation strength. And hey, look at that, 40% of your nation strength increase in that period came from a single [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=12366"]large nation[/url] who joined GOD in that period.

So, in two important categories of nation building and growth, the NSO beats you out. If we're bad, what are you?

:smug: