Greatest Alliance Rivalries

Hyperion321

[quote name='Draztikus' timestamp='1305611600' post='2713507']
TOP/Umbrella/Grëmlins vs fighting on the losing side of a war
[/quote]

I don't believe Sparta and MHA have [i]ever[/i] been on the losing side. I missed bi-polar, but they were both on ~ in the unjust war, The coalition in NoCB, Karma in karma, and on the winning side this last war.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1305667780' post='2713837']
We've been out of the war for quite some time now actually. Our rebuilding ended a while ago. We're above our pre-war ANS. And you fail to even address our higher rate of slot useage. Good try.

Edit: Here's an example: LoSS, who's ANS is similar to ours, has only grown 3.4% in that same period.
[/quote]
And yet you still have tiny nations which are easier to grow, "rebuilt" or not. I didn't address your slot rate usage because I addressed where you are categorically wrong from even a cursory look from an outside perspective, which you were with respect to growth rates. Small nations can buy infra cheaply and quickly inflate their NS, and you have nearly 4 units of infra to every unit of tech. That's paper strength in a nuclear war, whereas GOD's ratio is a much nicer 2:1. Blowing cash on infra is growth, but it isn't strength, which is what's going to matter in a war.

But if you want to brag about how weak your alliance will be in a war (which is the end result of this growth you prize), I suppose that's your prerogative, so I'll leave you to that.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1305673125' post='2713876']
General incompetence.
[/quote]
and the fact the "rogues" had more money on one nation than all of AcTi put together....

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1305611676' post='2713508']
you've got some of the usual ones like:
TOP vs. NpO
Valhalla v. STA
GOD vs. DT+NoR

also you can have some of the more amusing Doitzelesque ones like:

CSN v. 'Sovereign'
JB v. The World

etc.
[/quote]

I hate to be that guy, but the only alliance I would characterize us as having a "rivalry" with would be Illuminati way back.

No one else has come within a mile of the collective hatred the old guard had for Terry Howard.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1305677598' post='2713933']
I'm surprised TPF-PC hasn't been mentioned yet. It pretty much defined PC in its earliest days.

Really anything involving TPF and former members of TPF ended in bad blood, except for NEW.
[/quote]

That was a rivalry, but I don't think it classifies as a "greatest." It didn't really change anything outside of the two alliances and their allies.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1305681234' post='2713973']
I hate to be that guy, but the only alliance I would characterize us as having a "rivalry" with would be Illuminati way back.

No one else has come within a mile of the collective hatred the old guard had for Terry Howard.
[/quote]

I enjoyed the lolumati war that came out of that rivalry.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1305682060' post='2713984']
Unjust Path vs The Mods
[/quote]

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1305682291' post='2713987']
PC vs. The Mods
[/quote]

Posts like this v. The Forum Rules

which will lead to

Me v. Your Warn Level

Please knock off this kind of discussion, folks. Thanks.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1305661984' post='2713781']
Heheh, that was pretty good. I wonder if they knew how many alliances were gunning for them at the time.
[/quote]
I think they thought the NPO treaty would keep them safe (hint: it would not have).

-Bama

EDIT:

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1305677598' post='2713933']
I'm surprised TPF-PC hasn't been mentioned yet. It pretty much defined PC in its earliest days.
[/quote]
While it did not really affect world politics, this was definitely one of the most hateful rivalries at one point.

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1305667845' post='2713839']
I don't believe Sparta and MHA have [i]ever[/i] been on the losing side. I missed bi-polar, but they were both on ~ in the unjust war, The coalition in NoCB, Karma in karma, and on the winning side this last war.
[/quote]
lol, this always makes me giggle.

Actually we were probably as heated with STA at one point as we were with anyone else. But those leaders departed the planet and STA as it turns out is one of the best alliances out there.

Atlantis back in the earlier days, they folded up shop though.

PC, there was lots of dislike there from certain members and other members thought of those guys as friends even though all the Karma stuff happened how it did.

Athens was pretty heated for a while, they've been pretty cool in the current war however. So has LOST for that matter. You guys are alright in my book.

Probably #1 on the rivalry list these days is still the former UJP members. Mainly because they never seem to want to get over anything and keep attacking us.