FAN Announcement

mpol777

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1296085653' post='2603570']
That's exactly what he did, actually. He refounded the most hated alliance in history (beside perhaps NPO) and persuaded whole load of people who were in permanent war with them (like VE) to change their opinions. Today, GOONS are in a bloc with those people, and are one of the most politically powerful alliances on the planet. That's *places*. That's what a competent FA department can do.
[/quote]

I was unaware GOONS was one of the most hated alliances. I like them, actually. They're not afraid to have a little fun.

Now the question comes up, why would NPO even want to be allied with people like MK? And to what measure would NPO have to change to "conform", if you will, to MK and company?

The behavior of junior pacifica members and lackeys being exhibited towards an elder statesman of our community is shocking and reprehensible.
This personage deserves their respect, empathy, and support for his service.

I, for one, appreciate Moo for his recent acknowledgement of the greivious ill done to FAN and welcome his return to the only medium where adult differences can truly be settled, the battlefield.

Instead of parroting rhetoric I suggest you larvae attempt to learn from your elder's acknowledged mistakes.

I've got to say mpol that was a beautfilly crafted post.

You are of course completely correct.

There are too many people in this thread attacking the OP.

Pacifica. People will hate you while you remain isolationist, while you remain in the powersphere you control.

Enemies, Friends, Allies.. Noone said it was easy going from one to the other, what's the worst thing that could happen?

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1296092082' post='2603827']
I've got to say mpol that was a beautfilly crafted post.

You are of course completely correct.

There are too many people in this thread attacking the OP.

Pacifica. People will hate you while you remain isolationist, while you remain in the powersphere you control.

Enemies, Friends, Allies.. Noone said it was easy going from one to the other, what's the worst thing that could happen?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I could care less about FAN. As much as I like FAN, and as much as I do not blame them for attacking NPO, I simply do not care. FAN is not my enemy. Doomhouse on the other hand embodies everything I detest, and it deserves to burn for the cowardice and hypocrisy it has demonstrated over the last year.[/color]

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296090080' post='2603759']
See, now you are just being an idiot. I know you feel the need to say something, [i]anything[/i], but at least try to make sense.

You are actually saying that after we were attacked 9v1, ate 3000 nukes, surrendered, were attacked again by NPO while we were still disarmed [i]and under NPO's protection[/i] then held in a 18 month long war with the only stated terms being "die" and even then only escaped due to an unrelated war taking NPO out. [i]After all that[/i] your position is that we are "full of ourselves" because we think we deserve something? You sir are an idiot.

Good day.
[/quote]
You are 100% correct. The first FAN war was justified. The Continuum blitz was not, and neither was the subsequent demands that you "die".

I cannot fault you for your actions here.

Its just that for all the Karma talk Mushroom Kingdom and others have cried, and from the whining about TOP's blitz, their behavior is a bit of a shocker.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296092413' post='2603836']
You are 100% correct. The first FAN war was justified. The Continuum blitz was not, and neither was the subsequent demands that you "die".

I cannot fault you for your actions here.

Its just that for all the Karma talk Mushroom Kingdom and others have cried, and from the whining about TOP's blitz, their behavior is a bit of a shocker.
[/quote]

It's always ok as long as they're the ones doing it. Don't you get that yet?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1296092413' post='2603836']
their behavior is a bit of a shocker.
[/quote]

As well as the ever-revolving CB.

- We Don't Like You
- STA & NpO Were Protecting You
- You Didn't Sanction Methrage
- You Didn't Become Allies With Us

[color="#FF0000"]So pretty much, NPO exists in an isolated turtle shell, both politically and idealogically, and stuck it's head out only to tell the cavemen "Hey look I'm food", and then is surprised when the turtle get crushed club weilding cave man. No surprises there.

(Insert cliche about glass houses and stones)[/color]

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1296092886' post='2603856']

- We Don't Like You
[/quote]
Don't forget the GPA killing of which 3 of their allies participated in but it was only us that gets blamed - (TOP, FOK, Umbrella)

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1296092886' post='2603856']

- We Don't Like You
[/quote]

Also,
- A preemptive strike against an enemy that would've inevitably entered

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296083078' post='2603437']
ummm ok? I don't think anyone is mad that NPO was hit. It was the way they were hit that matters.
[/quote]

Yes, is true. And way they hit is appropriate.
One year of hiding because they are under hot spotlight is not reform.

I can't fault FAN for saying "Get Sum" to the NPO. They have the best reason for simply attacking because they don't like the NPO and want some payback. The others, well they were wronged but they were so juvenile in their reasoning and came off so preachy and hypocritical that it really just makes them look petty.

So cheers for Doomhouse riding the coattails of FAN against the NPO ... :awesome:

[quote name='bkphysics' timestamp='1296093819' post='2603894']
I can't fault FAN for saying "Get Sum" to the NPO. They have the best reason for simply attacking because they don't like the NPO and want some payback. The others, well they were wronged but they were so juvenile in their reasoning and came off so preachy and hypocritical that it really just makes them look petty.

So cheers for Doomhouse riding the coattails of FAN against the NPO ... :awesome:
[/quote]

Or we just don't like NPO, either.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1296091853' post='2603820']
I was unaware GOONS was one of the most hated alliances. I like them, actually. They're not afraid to have a little fun.
[/quote]

They were hated once upon a time. Today is another matter. I've softened considerably towards them too.. Sardonic and SW are genuinely cool. And I *hated* GOONS a few months ago.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296090654' post='2603782']
The callout?

Closing their embassy and throwing a fit would be one.

Accepting Sir Paul's antics, which genuinely pissed of a lot of MK members would be another

Denying GOONS a sanction request is a third

Providing support to an enemy coalition would be #4
[/quote]
These are all things you don't like. Although I'm not sure what you're talking about with #4.

However in what way do they resemble, say, threatening to permazi nations who enter peace mode in an alliance war?

Now the question comes up, why would NPO even want to be allied with people like MK? And to what measure would NPO have to change to "conform", if you will, to MK and company?
[/quote]
The Goon Order of Neutral Shoving was a very much reviled alliance in its time.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1296094087' post='2603906']
:wub: Fan.

One of the best posts in BOB's history.
[/quote]

How? All they said was "we still don't like you because you never came to us and tried to kiss and make up" there really wasn't anything over-powering or un-expected in this.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296094682' post='2603922']
How? All they said was "we still don't like you because you never came to us and tried to kiss and make up" there really wasn't anything over-powering or un-expected in this.
[/quote]

Or mature even.

[/quote]

It's not a measure of conforming or acquiescence, a good diplomat doesn't need those things to get the job done. I didn't say NPO should have treatied MK, but they could have laid some issues to rest, put out some fires of hatred, that sort of thing. These are the sorts of tasks that require direct government intervention too, diplomatic efforts to improve relations should not be spearheaded by anything less than the high government and to be frank, I don't see or hear about NPO's higher government doing much of anything.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1296094065' post='2603903']
They were hated once upon a time. Today is another matter. I've softened considerably towards them too.. Sardonic and SW are genuinely cool. And I *hated* GOONS a few months ago.
[/quote]
Thank you good sir.

Edited by Sardonic