FAN Announcement

mpol777

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1296099642' post='2604092']
To not get rolled. He explained that. Keep up.

Also I am not paranoid of NPO. I just hate you guys. :wub:
[/quote]

How boring. I'd rather see people be their own alliances rather than be a lapdog like Sparta. Its because of people being all cozy with each other that nothing ever happens around here.

Edited by James IV

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1296102093' post='2604183']
How boring. I'd rather see people be their own alliances rather than be a lapdog like Sparta. Its because of people being all cozy with each other that nothing ever happens around here.
[/quote]
Last I checked NPO and MK were being far from cozy.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1296100584' post='2604134']
I agree with this message. NPO has always been the school bully. Eventually, everyone got sick of it, ganged up on NPO, beat him up. NPO said sorry, but it was a cold, insincere kind of sorry.

Instead of being sincerely sorry and approaching Karma with a handshake, they shirked away, started working out and sharpening knives, and just glared at us from the corner. This might have turned out different if NPO decided to just cut it out and maybe just made a tech deal or something with a Karma alliance, but they didn't.

People still hate NPO, and they've just never stepped up to try to calm that hate. The first thing a lot of Viridians thought when NPO got out of terms was "Who are they going to beat up first? Will it be us?" I'm sure a lot of Karma alliances thought so as well, and it's a failure of their foreign policy how they make everyone feel that way.
[/quote]

So to avoid all this, Pacifica should have engaged in tech deals to purchase back their tech from Karma alliances as a sign of forgiveness? That's pretty retarded.

Basically what you are saying is Pacifica should have capitulated to you all. I highly doubt that would ever happen, and it isn't Pacifica's fault you all were wetting your pants at the thought of them coming out of terms. I digress though. A war is a war is a war. Im sure NPO will bring it and so will FAN and Doomhouse.

Good luck to all participants. Except VE.

/just kidding VE, you ok.

Edited by Anonymous CEO

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1296102245' post='2604185']
Last I checked NPO and MK were being far from cozy.
[/quote]

Exactly. This OP talks about them not cozying up to people is why they were attacked. This is what keeps things moving around here is people not being cozy to each other.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296102078' post='2604181']
I sincerely doubt that.

But fine, Ex-Heg, don't listen to me. Killing you and giving you good FA advice are not mutually exclusive.
[/quote]

What makes you think you're any better than them at this point?
You've committed all the travesties you claim to be fighting a against. I don't see a point in all of this.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296082777' post='2603423']
Before embarking on a mission of revenge, dig two graves.
[/quote]

I'm not a huge fan of the current war, however I think this is one case where the graves have already been dug and FAN is just filling the empty one that was dug years ago.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296101133' post='2604153']
Probably all 3. ==> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55874&st=0

(ooc) I was referring to your nations age. (/ooc)
[/quote]

Thank you, Jocko. You just gave me the best laugh I have had in a long while. You talk a lot, but that is apparently all you do. You never were a part of Viet-FAN. You never endured what your current comrades did. Instead, you were a member of NPO. A bad member, but a member nonetheless. Until you got scared. Until, when faced with war in Karma, you surrendered because you didn't want to get rolled and then you justified it by claiming that your surrender was not motivated by fear, but because the "higher ups" were in peace mode. Of course, you didn't accept that banks are banks for a reason. You also didn't have either the intelligence to be able to recognize the necessity, or the motivation to look around and see that there were plenty of "higher ups" that weren't in hippy. Of course, your claimed reason for deserting was just a cover. The real reason was that you were sweating bullets. You were shivering so hard you couldn't hold a rifle. You were about to piss in your pants. So you ran. And now you are still so ashamed of your cowardice that you have to be the loudest voice in the mob. You have to prove to others that you are a big man, so that you can prove it to yourself. And yet, there you cower in FAN, sitting in hippy with all of your glorious 4400 NS. Is it because you are a vital part of your alliance's second wave? Or is it because, once again, you are too scared to do anything else?

To the rest of FAN, I will say the same to you that I said to Jack Tarr in your embassy. I respect your thirst for revenge. I will not wish you luck, but I do wish you enjoyment.

To the rest of the braying dogs of DoomHouse - spin and back pedal and threaten all you like. If you are so butthurt that we are won't kiss your posteriors, that is not our problem. You harassed us during terms. You harassed us after terms. You attacked our friends for no good reason just to lure us into an unwise fight. You failed to get us to jump to your tune, so you preempted and lost any credibility you might still have had. The mask is off and the rest of the world sees you for what you are. Whether or not that makes any difference in this war, you have already killed yourselves, though you are still walking.

Quote this for future reference. NPO will not surrender. NPO will not pay any reps. NPO will not disband. And, finally,

[size="7"]NPO will not kiss your ass[/size]

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296105401' post='2604651']
Thank you, Jocko. You just gave me the best laugh I have had in a long while. You talk a lot, but that is apparently all you do. You never were a part of Viet-FAN. You never endured what your current comrades did. Instead, you were a member of NPO.
[/quote]

Wow. Really? Wow. You really don't see it?

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1296105966' post='2604702']
Wow. Really? Wow. You really don't see it?
[/quote]

That he was a FAN spy? Sure, but since the possibility existed that he wasn't, it felt good to rant a bit.

Anyway, mpol, you and FAN have fun. You, at least, are justified in your actions. The other pathetic fungi that have managed to ooze out from under their collective rocks - not so much.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296106608' post='2604765']
That he was a FAN spy? Sure, but since the possibility existed that he wasn't, it felt good to rant a bit.

Anyway, mpol, you and FAN have fun. You, at least, are justified in your actions. The other pathetic fungi that have managed to ooze out from under their collective rocks - not so much.
[/quote]

Alright that makes sense. And yeah... a good rant every once in a while does a person good.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296105401' post='2604651']
Thank you, Jocko. You just gave me the best laugh I have had in a long while. You talk a lot, but that is apparently all you do. You never were a part of Viet-FAN. You never endured what your current comrades did. Instead, you were a member of NPO. A bad member, but a member nonetheless. Until you got scared. Until, when faced with war in Karma, you surrendered because you didn't want to get rolled and then you justified it by claiming that your surrender was not motivated by fear, but because the "higher ups" were in peace mode. Of course, you didn't accept that banks are banks for a reason. You also didn't have either the intelligence to be able to recognize the necessity, or the motivation to look around and see that there were plenty of "higher ups" that weren't in hippy. Of course, your claimed reason for deserting was just a cover. The real reason was that you were sweating bullets. You were shivering so hard you couldn't hold a rifle. You were about to piss in your pants. So you ran. And now you are still so ashamed of your cowardice that you have to be the loudest voice in the mob. You have to prove to others that you are a big man, so that you can prove it to yourself. And yet, there you cower in FAN, sitting in hippy with all of your glorious 4400 NS. Is it because you are a vital part of your alliance's second wave? Or is it because, once again, you are too scared to do anything else?[/quote]

I have been a member of FAN for over 4 years. The thread you are referencing was simply one of many FAN operations designed to discredit NPO in the eyes of the masses and I have to say that thread was awesome. Laying on ebough heat that IO's felt the need to come to the OWF to defend their actions regarding their won members during wartime has hilarious and we all had a roaring good laugh about it back in the FAN party bunker while it was going on. :awesome:

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55874&st=0"]Here is the thread if you missed it.[/url]

Re-read it now but with the added knowledge that at that point I had been a FAN member all along and the entire post, and all that followed in that thread, were written simply to put the NPO in a tough spot publicly.

Regarding my current position. Yes I am in peace mode. It was tough to do but my entire group was ordered to do it so I did. Don't worry though, I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that I will be out in a short while and will be declaring on NPO members.

As to my nation size. I'm 4,400 NS and 750 days old. The reason I'm so small is because I am a "tail end charlie". My job is to watch the low end of our NS range and engage those in the lower ranges who wish to do us harm. That's why I am carrying a stockpile of nukes. You guys called those types of nations Super Soldiers or OSS squads. Except ours have nukes. Nothing like nuking a 4K nation who just wont listen to reason. I am this small by choice and need to be to perform a very specific job.

I understand your need to rant and I don't hold it against you.

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296108267' post='2604872']
I have been a member of FAN for over 4 years. The thread you are referencing was simply one of many FAN operations designed to discredit NPO in the eyes of the masses and I have to say that thread was awesome. Forcing IO's to come to the OWF to defend their actions during wartime has hilarious and we all had a roaring good laugh about it back in the FAN party bunker while it was going on. The fact that even now, even after I linked you to the post, you failed to see the obvious is just all the more more awesome. :awesome:

Regarding my current position. Yes I am in peace mode. It was tough to do but my entire group was ordered to do it so I did. Don't worry though, I can absolutely, 100% guarantee you that I will be out in a short while and will be declaring on NPO members.

As to my nation size. I'm 4,400 NS and 750 days old. The reason I'm so small is because I am a "tail end charlie". My job is to watch the low end of our NS range and engage those in the lower ranges who wish to do us harm. That's why I am carrying a stockpile of nukes. You guiys called those types of nations Super Soldiers or OSS squads. Except ours have nukes. Nothing like nuking a 4K nation who just wont listen to reason. I am this small by choice and need to be to perform a very specific job.

Your post has failed on every level. :smug:
[/quote]

Nah, as I confirmed to mpol, I was well aware of the probability that you were a spy. My rant was more directed at the real deserters every war; not just from NPO but from any alliance. I am glad to hear that you are strategically deployed. Perhaps when/if I get beaten down to your level, we can meet up and have some fun.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296108494' post='2604893']
Nah, as I confirmed to mpol, I was well aware of the probability that you were a spy. My rant was more directed at the real deserters every war; not just from NPO but from any alliance. I am glad to hear that you are strategically deployed. Perhaps when/if I get beaten down to your level, we can meet up and have some fun.
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw your post with mpol so I went back and edited my post to be a little less harsh. sorry. :awesome:

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296098495' post='2604033']
What the hell? :blink:

That's the lamest snappy comeback I have seen in a while. 2 years late and inaccurate to boot. I guess the NPO short bus is on a field trip to the forums.
[/quote]
no seriously why are you still here?

Edited by WarLaw

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296110767' post='2604999']
It is a nice one. By the way, congratulations. You nefarious plot to ensnare unwary travelers by posting a link to a 2 year old thread nabbed a not so observant victim.
[/quote]

Unintentional but an added bonus. That will confuse the hell out of people now.

And here we thought those graves we were digging were going to be empty :awesome:

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296110767' post='2604999']
It is a nice one. By the way, congratulations. You nefarious plot to ensnare unwary travelers by posting a link to a 2 year old thread nabbed a not so observant victim.
[/quote]
Bah.. it was just Steve, it is hard to notice anything when you are riding a white horse and keep shouting the same song all day.

For FAN, I always enjoy fighting along you and against you, I only hope that we will see some more posting in the OWF from you guys (well not from everyone, but you get the point :P)

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296085364' post='2603557']
It's posts like these that just make yourself and your alliance look foolish. If you took a poll of somewhat neutral (everyone is connected these days) I know you'd find that FAN is still very respected militarily, just like your own alliance is. Now I'm sure the NPO and allies PR brigade will disagree, but we all know the truth. I know you are just trying to troll, but it only makes you look stupid fyi.

edit: Awesome post mpol, I completely agree with you.
[/quote]

It's posts like these that just make yourself and your alliance look foolish. Respected military alliances don't wait until an alliance is getting attacked by 3 other alliances and jump on their coat tails to get in on the action as well. FAN clearly only entered the war because they knew they couldn't lose with all these numbers on their side. No Doomhouse announcement= No Fan announcement. What has FAN done recently that shows they are still a military powerhouse like they once were (4 years ago?). And please don't cite winning those idiotic war games.

Edit: Also, if your poll was a random selection of nation rulers, I bet most would not really know who FAN is considering FAN has done nothing in 4 years and the average nation ruler does not read the OWF.

Edited by lakerzz8

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296084849' post='2603531']
FAN? respected military?

Sounds like 2006.

What have they done since? Gotten beat down, and then prove to be opportunistic scum who lack the testicular fortitude to do what until victory is already assured.
[/quote]

That was my point. How times have changed. FAN has gone from being a military powerhouse to a bandwagon alliance that needs bigger and stronger alliances to forge the way while they get sloppy seconds.

Funny enough, it was diplomacy which brought NPO back after GW1. Seems like they miss a character like Dilber.

And yeah, the message might be antagonistic, but the kernel bears some truth. You cant expect people to just stop hating you if you sit around doing nothing. You need to make strong allies or reconcile with your enemies. NPO failed at both.

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1296116169' post='2605160']
It's posts like these that just make yourself and your alliance look foolish. Respected military alliances don't wait until an alliance is getting attacked by 3 other alliances and jump on their coat tails to get in on the action as well. FAN clearly only entered the war because they knew they couldn't lose with all these numbers on their side. No Doomhouse announcement= No Fan announcement. What has FAN done recently that shows they are still a military powerhouse like they once were (4 years ago?). And please don't cite winning those idiotic war games.

Edit: Also, if your poll was a random selection of nation rulers, I bet most would not really know who FAN is considering FAN has done nothing in 4 years and the average nation ruler does not read the OWF.
[/quote]

If they don't read the OWF, how would they really know about anything that goes on? I mean, if they don't read the OWF, while they'd notice a war like this, I doubt they'd look up alliance stats or anything, so they'd have no idea how good anyone was at fighting.
Besides, there hasn't really been any breakthroughs in military theory since VietFAN II at least, when they were one of the most battle-hardened alliances out there

[quote name='Anonymous CEO' timestamp='1296102629' post='2604201']
So to avoid all this, Pacifica should have engaged in tech deals to purchase back their tech from Karma alliances as a sign of forgiveness? That's pretty retarded.

Basically what you are saying is Pacifica should have capitulated to you all. I highly doubt that would ever happen, and it isn't Pacifica's fault you all were wetting your pants at the thought of them coming out of terms. I digress though. A war is a war is a war. Im sure NPO will bring it and so will FAN and Doomhouse.
[/quote]

No, there's no correct solution. If anyone thinks that tech deals or NAPs or reps will solve everything, they are pretty retarded. FA is a difficult thing, because no matter what you do, you'll piss someone else off.

I'm just saying that this is a war declared not out of boredom, but out of fear and hate. NPO haven't worked on fixing their boogeyman image. The fear and hate just blew up and resulted in a war. They should've made friends instead of isolating themselves to their old clique. Nobody likes an ass kisser, and any ass kissing would've resulted in even more hate. Just sincerely make friends, treat them as equals. Nobody is superior/inferior, nobody being another's lackey, puppet, overlord, etc.

The "bring it" attitude, while respectable, is not going to help in the long run. People will just keep bringing it and beating them down in the future until they're convince that NPO will never be a threat.

I'd personally rather NPO have a talk - one as equals, instead of this imperialist attitude, and figure out why people hate them so much. It might lead to an actual era of peace and prosperity. Who knows? MK and NPO might even sign a treaty if that happens.

But if NPO thinks that talking equates to kissing ass, go ahead. Get curbstomped again the next war.