FAN Announcement

mpol777

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1296094065' post='2603903']
They were hated once upon a time. Today is another matter. I've softened considerably towards them too.. Sardonic and SW are genuinely cool. And I *hated* GOONS a few months ago.
[/quote]

I've been around since '06 and never really hated GOONs, they could be slightly annoying, but nevertheless, never approached levels of "hate". Then again, I never hated NPO either....I guess I'm just weird.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296095309' post='2603933']
It's not a measure of conforming or acquiescence, a good diplomat doesn't need those things to get the job done. I didn't say NPO should have treatied MK, but they could have laid some issues to rest, put out some fires of hatred, that sort of thing. These are the sorts of tasks that require direct government intervention too, diplomatic efforts to improve relations should not be spearheaded by anything less than the high government and to be frank, I don't see or hear about NPO's higher government doing much of anything.Thank you good sir.
[/quote]

I don't think NPO really had any hard feelings towards any alliances that went against them in Karma, or any wars for that matter, and they expected them (their enemies) to be the same way. Just because you get a little angry because they didn't come to you and say "sorry" doesn't mean you should attack them for no reason that's less than a couple of years old. Saying that, it also does not mean that CB's should just be fabricated. It's also a possibility that you don't see/hear about NPO's higher gov't doing anything because they don't have "accidental" disclosures of information *cough* VE *cough* every few months.

None-the-less, war is war, and war is good, and regardless of the outcome of it, for the better or worse of planet bob, I support it...just because it's looking a little bit too much like a suburb than a war torn city.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296090080' post='2603759']
See, now you are just being an idiot. I know you feel the need to say something, [i]anything[/i], but at least try to make sense.

You are actually saying that after we were attacked 9v1, ate 3000 nukes, surrendered, were attacked again by NPO while we were still disarmed [i]and under NPO's protection[/i] then held in a 18 month long war with the only stated terms being "die" and even then only escaped due to an unrelated war taking NPO out. [i]After all that[/i] your position is that we are "full of ourselves" because we think we deserve something? You sir are an idiot.

Good day sir.
[/quote]

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296090906' post='2603791']
Ah, nothing like the good old devolution (see what i did there :ehm: ) of a discussion to convince even those most opposed to your viewpoint.
[/quote]
[size="5"]
[i]I said GOOD DAY![/i][/size]

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1296096874' post='2603963']
I don't think NPO really had any hard feelings towards any alliances that went against them in Karma, or any wars for that matter, and they expected them (their enemies) to be the same way.
[/quote]
In a world such as ours that's a terribly dangerous assumption to make. Hate can easily fester on its own, even without any contact at all from one party. Indeed that can amplify it.

[quote name='WarLaw' timestamp='1296094404' post='2603918']
since when are you still here? but you mean like less than half of your clan actually left peace mode? seems like your biggest achievement since, ever i suppose
[/quote]

What the hell? :blink:

That's the lamest snappy comeback I have seen in a while. 2 years late and inaccurate to boot. I guess the NPO short bus is on a field trip to the forums.

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296098101' post='2604018']
In a world such as ours that's a terribly dangerous assumption to make. Hate can easily fester on its own, even without any contact at all from one party. Indeed that can amplify it.
[/quote]

Yet, NPO, who recently became the alliance with the highest NS, still very much a political power, did not attack anyone preemptively, even though there was only one way for them to go, down. Unlike others, they didn't try to beat anybody down to maintain their standing, because they didn't harbor any hate...or any fear...or anything towards these alliances that have attacked them in an unrighteous manner. They were mature enough to get over what happened in Karma, and if YOU had gotten any closer to them, instead of waiting for them to get closer to you, you would have seen that they made changes for the better...and your coalition, obviously for the worse.

Edited by Cao Pai

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1296096874' post='2603963']
I don't think NPO really had any hard feelings towards any alliances that went against them in Karma, or any wars for that matter, and they expected them (their enemies) to be the same way.[/quote]

haha, oh wow. really? NPO not keeping hard feelings? were you born yesterday?

I think that the reality is quite clear. a whole bunch of people, real humans, experienced insane violence from NPO, "physical" (in the form of massive, month long curbstomps with 10:1 NPO:enemy NS ratios that ended with everyone being ZId and huge reps, kicking out gov, PZI and EZI, disbandments and viceroys), and/or psychological (fear of speaking up, critisizing, being singled out and rolled even if you were in the NPO side, etc).
And all these people are determined, in a way that those on the other side just can't get, to never, ever, ever be in such a situation ever again. and if that means DoWing on NPO "without a valid CB", so be it.
Not allowing NPO to bully anyone and have its way on other alliances the way it used to ever again is the best CB you can have as far as i'm concerned.

Edited by Venizelos

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296094682' post='2603922'][quote name='King Louis the II']
:wub: Fan.

One of the best posts in BOB's history.[/quote]
How? All they said was "we still don't like you because you never came to us and tried to kiss and make up" there really wasn't anything over-powering or un-expected in this.[/quote]

You don't get it, and that puts you in danger of making the same mistakes NPO have.

But since you seem to have genuine difficulty in understanding the obvious, let me help:

If you try to kill someone, make sure you succeed.
If you don't succeed and can't finish the job, try to make amends.
If you cant make amends then keep a gun handy, you are going to need it.

NPO didn't succeed in killing us and didn't try to make amends. That's fine, but now they are shocked, SHOCKED that we have confronted them in a dark alley on their way home from work.

Only a fool would be shocked this has happened. Are you one of these fools?

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296098101' post='2604018']
[/quote]
What you described is paranoia. Hate to the point that you begin to think we are planning your destruction and it festers and amplifies and you attack out of the blue...yeah, that's paranoia. Your hate grew to paranoia which grew to fear which caused you to attack us out of the blue. Since we are supposed to be all about getting over things, I forgive you for you do not know what you've done.

o/ FAN

On the whole, I'm not a fan of the war on NPO, but FAN is something I can always get behind! As I said in another thread, I don't necessarily see the justification of the others at war with NPO, but with FAN, well, we all know NPO once sought an eternal war with them.

Have fun, FAN!

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1296098653' post='2604041']
Yet, NPO, who recently became the alliance with the highest NS, still very much a political power, did not attack anyone preemptively.[/quote]

Yet, NPO, who recently became the alliance with the highest NS, still very much a political power, did not attack anyone preemptively.

Exactly. And NPO displayed the greatest of leadership characteristics in her restraint of power and her ability to adopt and reform new alliances into her fold; a most unusual tendency in one with highest NS, is to show restraint. Nevertheless, NPO has shown remarkable restraint of power in recent months, even years, unlike her current aggressors.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1296098653' post='2604041']
Yet, NPO, who recently became the alliance with the highest NS, still very much a political power, did not attack anyone preemptively, even though there was only one way for them to go, down. Unlike others, they didn't try to beat anybody down to maintain their standing, because they didn't harbor any hate...or any fear...or anything towards these alliances that have attacked them in an unrighteous manner. They were mature enough to get over what happened in Karma, and if YOU had gotten any closer to them, instead of waiting for them to get closer to you, you would have seen that they made changes for the better...and your coalition, obviously for the worse.
[/quote]
Sorry but my FA objectives are clear and getting closer to NPO is not one of them. It is not my responsibility to go to hostile alliances to convince myself that they are better than I thought, that's the exact opposite of how it is supposed to work. Regardless, it is not with GOONS that NPO needed to mend bridges first, but I have no reason to believe that there was any real attempt at reconciliation on their part with any of their long term enemies. It feels like in the post-karma age NPO lost any will to do any meaningful FA at all other than refusing to fill sanctions, or they were unsuccessful and unable to bridge the gap and gave up too early. They are suffering for it now. I guess you could say that Karma made NPO lose their Mojo.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296093589' post='2603889']
Also,
- A preemptive strike against an enemy that would've inevitably entered
[/quote]

You could try to use that one, but there's already been the one I forgot to mention in my original list:

- You were going to try to stay out of this

edit: typo

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1296083214' post='2603445']
Why should NPO have to like or suck up to anyone?
[/quote]
To not get rolled. He explained that. Keep up.

Also I am not paranoid of NPO. I just hate you guys. :wub:

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296093202' post='2603871']
Don't forget the GPA killing of which 3 of their allies participated in but it was only us that gets blamed - (TOP, FOK, Umbrella)
[/quote]
Seriously? So you are saying that TOP, FOK, Umbrella would have pulled the trigger on the GPA? Yea...no. NPO used them to get the the #1 spot since it couldn't get their own it's own. That's why it pissed off so many people. You had to destroy an innocent hippy alliance to feed your ego and insecurity about being the #1 alliance.

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1296099514' post='2604083']
Exactly. And NPO displayed the greatest of leadership characteristics in her restraint of power and [b]her ability to adopt and reform new alliances into her fold[/b]; a most unusual tendency in one with highest NS, is to show restraint. Nevertheless, NPO has shown remarkable restraint of power in recent months, even years, unlike her current aggressors.
[/quote]

This is so utterly beautiful coming from a member of Legion I can hardly believe my eyes.