FAN Announcement

mpol777

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296088923' post='2603721']
Notice, we have only acted this way towards NPO, and that's only because they continue to stick to their old habits. It [b]is[/b] brave new world. All the alliances that would have been rolled with NPO as head honcho are prospering.
[/quote]

Its not as if NPO-MK relations were peachy prior to that embassy ordeal. Did MK ever really give them a chance, or was it just assumed that MK and NPO would be on opposite sides for ever? Its not as if your allies weren't doing everything they could to habitually pick off and beat the living daylights out of an alliance that was close to NPO, NPO was, is, and will probably always be the boogeyman that has kept things in line for you and your allies, because you have no need care if they've reformed or not.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1296087390' post='2603663']
You know, all those terrible terrible things were paid for with Karma and the huge terms that NPO got at the end of that war. They are no justification for another war – you can't keep rolling people over and over for something they did years ago.

At least FAN get some sort of exemption for that because they never truly got the chance to pay back NPO for VietFAN II. The GPA war and other Continuum actions were avenged already.
[/quote]

The irony is overwhelming.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1296089151' post='2603728']
Actually, GOONS reformed before Karma because they had a joint NPO-NpO protectorate agreement.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Whatever. NPO still need no wrong to them following their reformation. My point still stands.[/color]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296089177' post='2603729']
Ahhh, I get it,[/quote]

I highly doubt it

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296089177' post='2603729']you're upset that you couldn't break the character and will of Pacifica as easily as they broke yours. What you seek is for them to be humiliated. Not just defeated, no, victory wasn't enough for you. Pacifica weathered the storm and proved themselves to be a far better alliance than yours, and you just couldn't deal with that.[/quote]

And I were right.

We don't want to humiliate them, and we don't want to break their will. We just want them to realize that they cannot act like they used to in the new world. And when did they prove themselves to be a "far better alliance"? Please, show me, I am genuinely curious.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1296089177' post='2603729']You failed to break Pacifica in the past, and I doubt you will succeed now. Unlike LUE, VE, GOONS, Gen[m]ay, and others, Pacifica will not disband.[/quote]

Unlike Pacifica, we don't want them to disband. We don't want to break them. We want them to learn the lesson they obviously didn't manage to learn the last time we came down upon them

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296089182' post='2603730']
Ok, let's see here. We could attack people and prove we are the same correct. So apparently what we did was not attack people in an effort to prove that we have changed. But that is not good enough for you.

I want to reconcile then. I forgive you :D Your turn...
[/quote]

You're just so plain out stupid that I will just refer you to the wise words of mpol:

[quote name='mpol777' timestamp='1296089076' post='2603726']
It's not about avenging some past action. It's the fact that they have and continue to act like !@#$%bags. I'm not trying to tell them how to act. That's their decision. I'm just pointing out that way they present themselves makes people want to punch them in the throat and they shouldn't be surprised when it happens.
[/quote]

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296089226' post='2603732']
No. See, we were going to kill you. You don't get to walk away and call it even.

But we decided to count to 10 and try to cool off. During that time a [i]smart[/i] person would try calm the water. Well, we got to 10 and said to ourselves "Gee, I still hate the farking NPO" and since no other information was submitted to offset that conclusion, well, here we are.

You guys sure are crying a lot for people who [i]say[/i] they welcome this.
[/quote]
Not crying at all. My war chest is increasing as each day passes.

You are not going to kill us sorry, you are stuck with us. Yes, here we are and here is where we will always be.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296089303' post='2603735']
NPO was, is, and will probably always be the boogeyman that has kept things in line for you and your allies, because you have no need care if they've reformed or not.
[/quote]

You are wrong, and let me show you why.

TOP was the bogeyman, allied to NPO, we are now allies
Umbrella was the bogeyman, allied to NPO, we are now allies
FOK was the bogeyman, allied to NPO, we are now allies
ODN was the bogeyman, fighting with NPO, we are now allies.

I am sure that even you can see a pattern here. They wouldn't have stayed the bogeyman, if they didn't want to themselves.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296088881' post='2603719']
You know, theres the whole walk away approach, but obviously that wouldn't satisfy an alliance like FAN, who are so full of themselves that they feel that they [b]deserve[/b] more. It would have been one thing if you grativated to the other side and opposed them in the next straight up war, but to attack them out of the blue, pre-emptively?
[/quote]

See, now you are just being an idiot. I know you feel the need to say something, [i]anything[/i], but at least try to make sense.

You are actually saying that after we were attacked 9v1, ate 3000 nukes, surrendered, were attacked again by NPO while we were still disarmed [i]and under NPO's protection[/i] then held in a 18 month long war with the only stated terms being "die" and even then only escaped due to an unrelated war taking NPO out. [i]After all that[/i] your position is that we are "full of ourselves" because we think we deserve something? You sir are an idiot.

Good day.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296086192' post='2603603']
I vote fear. yeah, that's it. I'm scared !@#$less.

For your theory to hold water then the NPO must have been terrified of us to try to kill us that badly and for so long.

Sorry, you lose, thanks for playing. bye.
[/quote]

you dont believe a corrupt dictator fears the people hes ruling after a while?

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296089662' post='2603744']
Not crying at all. My war chest is increasing as each day passes.
[/quote]

It's great that way down there your warchest is increasing, either in the actual amount you hold or in terms of how many days bills it covers, but only the latter is the case up here for your comrades, and there are several alliances you can ask how long that tends to last.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296089572' post='2603742']
We don't want to humiliate them, and we don't want to break their will. We just want them to realize that they cannot act like they used to in the new world.
[/quote]
Show one example of NPO acting like it used to before Karma since leaving terms.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296090207' post='2603766']
Show one example of NPO acting like it used to before Karma since leaving terms.
[/quote]

The callout?

Closing their embassy and throwing a fit would be one.

Accepting Sir Paul's antics, which genuinely pissed of a lot of MK members would be another

Denying GOONS a sanction request is a third

Providing support to an enemy coalition would be #4

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1296090198' post='2603764']
It's great that way down there your warchest is increasing, either in the actual amount you hold or in terms of how many days bills it covers, but only the latter is the case up here for your comrades, and there are several alliances you can ask how long that tends to last.
[/quote]
It's increasing because I attack and win money. I get attacked and win money. It's great!

I know what my comrades are going through. I know they have it alot tougher than me. But if you think that you 4 alliances will break us, you are very wrong. We will be at this point again in the future. Will you attack us again because we are so awesome and recovered all our strength? Will you bad mouth us during that time to keep other alliances away from us? You will never break us. You will tire and you will fail and we will prevail. Pacifica Prevails!

ahhhh so FAN basically gives justification for vietFAN. awesome. so because FAN never once did anything to stop the negative perception of FAN by NPO/others, then vietFAN and the 2 years of perma-war were completely justified. so, that is yet another ebil thing NPO did that can now shut up about since it is obviously totally justified.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296090080' post='2603759']
See, now you are just being an idiot. I know you feel the need to say something, [i]anything[/i], but at least try to make sense.

You are actually saying that after we were attacked 9v1, ate 3000 nukes, surrendered, were attacked again by NPO while we were still disarmed [i]and under NPO's protection[/i] then held in a 18 month long war with the only stated terms being "die" and even then only escaped due to an unrelated war taking NPO out. [i]After all that[/i] your position is that we are "full of ourselves" because we think we deserve something? You sir are an idiot.

Good day.
[/quote]

Ah, nothing like the good old devolution (see what i did there :ehm: ) of a discussion to convince even those most opposed to your viewpoint.

SpiderJerusalem, you are so full of !@#$ it's amazing you can see the Post button. NPO has done nothing in over a year. We've kept to ourselves and tried to rebuild our shattered nations. The closing of your embassy was entirely justified as it was blatantly apparent that the Mushroom Kingdom had no desire to pursue diplomatic relations and rather would prefer to insult and goad.

I'll be the first to admit MK is the first alliance I've ever hated. FAN was annoying, but they had a certain honor to them was undeniable. Vox Populi was a royal pain in the ass, as was MK. But I never hated you until this war. I don't hate you for wanting to destroy us. I don't hate you for gathering all your buddies together before facing us. I hate you for being hypocrites. You touted your morality for years, decried everything that NPO did, and then turned around and became exactly what you claimed to have fought against. But you couldn't own up to this, oh no, you had to apply a paper morality to the war to try and pretend like you are somehow justified in your actions. So take your tainted moralism and feel better when you sleep tonight, but know that no one is buying your BS.

mpol and jocko (and FAN in general), you might be some brash SOBs, but I do not begrudge you your due vengeance. I find your partnership with these tools disheartening, but I do hope you get the satisfaction from this war that you've craved these many years.

o/

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296083567' post='2603461']
*cough* Voodoo being involved in WCE *cough*.
[/quote]

Voodoo is the type to listen to his friends, listen to his enemies, then go home and make up his own mind. He is practically a sphinx sometimes. :P Just being in a channel is reason enough to condemn someone now?

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1296085364' post='2603557']
It's posts like these that just make yourself and your alliance look foolish. If you took a poll of somewhat neutral (everyone is connected these days) I know you'd find that FAN is still very respected militarily, just like your own alliance is.
[/quote]

As a somewhat neutral person in regards to military affairs, I would agree with you. I've seen people comment that they were a little rusty in their first War after they got peace, but most everyone seemed to agree they were at least competant. I'm sure they've improved since then too.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296088923' post='2603721']
Notice, we have only acted this way towards NPO, and that's only because they continue to stick to their old habits. It [b]is[/b] brave new world. All the alliances that would have been rolled with NPO as head honcho are prospering.

The fact that you haven't been in a war, does not mean that you have changed. You haven't been in a war because you haven't had the chance, or the strength to be in one. And until you show that you have changed, for real, and that you want to reconcile, you won't get that chance either.
[/quote]

What old habits would those be? I thought I was paying attention to the forums since karma, I must have missed a lot. What exactly is this 'change' you keep referring to, that you want to see?

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296090029' post='2603757']

I am sure that even you can see a pattern here.
[/quote]

...you want them to be your allies? Is that it? :huh:

Edit: re: the OP- I for one enjoy seeing the niceties taken care of, and a DoW post from Mpol is always worth reading. I was surprised you didn't make this thread sooner, going all low-key and letting DoomHouse take the limelight didn't seem in character.

Edited by Mirreille

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296090654' post='2603782']
The callout?

Accepting Sir Paul's antics, which genuinely pissed of a lot of MK members would be another

[/quote]
Oh come on. None of that is REMOTELY like the old NPO.

Also CoJ didn't sanction for GOONS. I don't see why we don't get flack for it. Though it's pretty clear why.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296090654' post='2603782']
The callout?

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]1.) When you insult them in their own embassy what do you expect? Hugs? Even ignoring that, the NPO, as a sovereign alliance, has the right to shut down any embassy it wants, with or without a reason.

2.) Are you kidding me? Are your little egos so fragile that you can't handle a little criticism or satire? And I was told you guys were supposed to have such a great sense of humor.

3.) Considering MK's and GOONS' little Red Safari (that was not merely raiding red - it was targeting red with the express purpose to bait and provoke NPO), why were they obligated to? You didn't exactly create a lot of goodwill or give them any reason to not dislike you. And finally, senators have an obligation to their teams, and not to the whims of MK or GOONS.

4.) NPO hasn't been in any coalition channel. Not even in this war. Allies have discussed with them the possible expansion of the war, and scenarios of that nature, but not in conjunction with the coalition. Allies do that. But since you'll twist my words, I'll go out and say it: the NPO had not been taking part in any coalition channels.

That said, this is the best you can do? NPO hasn't been worshiping you and has at times expressed dislike for you? That's them being up to their old ways? Jesus Lord is that material weak. Besides, you fellows have hardly been examples of respectable behavior. Not only do you act like complete jackasses all of the time, as I have said may times before, you extort in backrooms, you declare wars with shoddy CBs, you harass and blacklist certain alliances. NPO has done nothing since Karma except apparently fail to provide you boys with the emotional support you are so direly need in need of.[/color]

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1296090029' post='2603757']

I am sure that even you can see a pattern here. They wouldn't have stayed the bogeyman, if they didn't want to themselves.
[/quote]

You've kinda missed my point.

There is a reason that we're not all in GPA, and its because we like war. There is no movement for 'world peace'. Obviously, in a world such as this, you need to have the side on top, and the side not on top. I find it hard to believe that MK would have ever embraced NPO and called them friends in any circumstances, because its one thing to make friends with those who did the dirty work, its another to make friends with those who master-minded the plans, particularly when your rise to the top was pushed by a promise to be a better alternative.

Besides that, MK didn't need to make friends with NPO, and it was in their best interests not to. Obviously your 'side' had the numbers to win consistently, and by continually painting NPO as 'evil', I assume that was of great help in keeping the people who assisted you in making the Karma war a victorious effort to stay on your side, because you manipulated their fear and convinced them that the alternative was not better.

I just really don't believe that MK had any intentions to be friends with NPO, regardless of how NPO behaved.