FnKa Disbandment Notice

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287382783' post='2486912']
A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen. Then it happened. Can you follow that? I'll say it again if you didnt catch it. [b]A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen, then it happened.[/b]

They disbanded now GOONS say they didnt want what they said they would get if the alliance didnt pay up high reps

If you dont believe me just ask Sardonic
[/quote]

You're trying too hard, there isn't some conspiracy at work here. They chose to disband of their own accord due to inactivity and problems with conducting a vote to secure peace, failing that, this was the best possible other option. Really, if you want to continue embarrassing yourself by alleging that we murdered them please, go on.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this part: For all those whining about the reps -

1) Are you paying the reps NO
2) Did you help FnKa and the few others in this war NO
3) Are you going to do anything NO

GOONs won its pretty much that simple, As they won then they have the right to place what ever REPS they wish on to those who was brave enough to fight, so all you Infra huggers and technology lovers out there complaining about so called high reps, maybe you should do more then just whine about it, or better still maybe you should have joined the fight.

Sure you will now say, Well we did not have a valid CB (On this point I would like to point out Karma War, OV had gotten information that was spied from NPO forums, yet you all protected OV) or we did not have a reason to fight, Well guess what you have no reason to complain about the reps it is not your problem, you made that clear by sitting the war out and watching.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287399832' post='2486971']
No. The mother alliance negotiated peace for themselves, meaning their academy is free to go as well.

e: as per SirWilliams's post:
[quote]1. Skeam Team, Port Elk, Free Irish States, Questopia, and Almut will pay reparations in the amount of $30 million each[/quote]

That's five nations, not every nation under the FnKa or FnKa Academy AA.
[/quote]

That's five out of seven nations who've surrendered so far, the other two are doing mercy board terms and according to the terms of surrender, the remaining nations will be offered the same terms, 30m or mercy board.

[QUOTE][b]3. GOONS extends the above options ($30 million in reparations, or the equivalent in tech at a rate of 100 tech for every $3 million, or a Mercy Board term) to the remaining FnKa AA nations, in order to attain peace.[/b][/quote]

See? There was no mention of the academy and I doubt any of them could cough up 30m anyway.

/me sends recruitment messages to FnKa Academy. (that's why I asked :P)

[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1287402306' post='2486985']
I think GOONS said that the mercyboard option is available to everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong. :ph34r:
[/quote]

I'm fully aware of that and think that requesting members of an alliance register on your forums to do these mercy board terms is ridiculous, which is why I didn't bring it up. It's one thing when it's a rogue but as far as I'm aware, this was an alliance war.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1287404944' post='2486992']
I've heard not-so-good things about that.

What the hell do you make them do there anyways?
[/quote]

Comics, poetry, and short stories, from what I've seen.

Pretty brutal.

[size="1"]Personally I was hoping some of these guys would take that route, I can think of some good ones for them that would have been more fun than clicking to accept money or tech.[/size]

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1287400509' post='2486972']
to all?

Who would that be? Not very many. Go back and count the replies by GOONS, its allies, or its sympathizers. Well over half the replies in this thread. The PR machine is stupidly roared up over imagined posts. These guys are all a bit dumb. The sit in their IRC channel talking to themselves about how it will be another anti-GOON thread and how tons of people will be protesting. Then they come here and begin to post in before whatever replies. [b]You guys see anti-GOON replies at every turn before anyone even says it.[/b] It makes your PR machine look so silly and like you guys are all talking to yourselves. Nobody really gives a damn because we all knew the result of this war when it was declared.
[/quote]
I am not a GOON, not allied to GOONS, personally neutral on GOONS to a point of "meh" and a huge critic of mercy boards, so be a bit more careful about how you throw around "You guys" That said there are far more than enough "were forced to disband" statements in this thread and elsewhere to justify my statement. Set your hatred a side at look closer at this one, FnKA got a decent deal.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287381345' post='2486897']
They tentatively agreed to pay 300 mil to end the war as an alliance, then, after the fact, decided to disband because of apparent inactivity issues in getting votes and sought out GOONS to modify the terms. The two are not connected, a surrender and reps agreement was found agreeable to all prior to disbandment. GOONS did not impose terms on a disbanded alliance, they imposed very lenient terms on an existing alliance, tried to finished the deal, then agreed to a modification proposed by the alliances leadership after the fact when they decided to disband.

What I was expressing is that he knows this and his decrying of the situation is transparent.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It does not change the fact that although FnKa has disbanded its members are still under terms. I would not argue against the reps had FnKa not disbanded, for as much as I disagree the policy would still be valid. But I think you may be deliberately ignoring the larger precedent that is being made here. While in the past terms were put in place so that the alliance, the organization as a whole could achieve peace, this no longer the case. It is being put upon the individual members, and not on FnKa.

Now, if GOONS can do this to an alliance that is well over fifteen members, why can it not do this to an organization of fifty, or a hundred? If an alliance of that size is to disband, are its members to have to pay $30 or $50 million, or maybe a thousand tech in order get peace? Will they have to humiliate themselves by entertaining GOONS on that joke of a Mercy Board they have? Believe it or not but there are quite a few people who cannot afford to pay the reps, and there are even more who will refuse to prostate themselves to adolescents by making a fool of themselves. Imagine how many rulers Bob will lose? If you can't see the doors this has opened then you truly are blind. So do not chide me with your accusations of "pettiness" when there are plenty of valid concerns to be had here.

And Louisa, I believe you're not accurately representing what was done to NAAC. While I cannot vouch for the flag and biography hunting, and if true is a bit harsh, the AA attacking is quite valid. It is only when members get off the AA that they should be free from fear of attack. Most NAAC members were able to join any alliance not at war with the Initiative without many problems. The few who had to pay reps were former governing members. The average rank and file had little to worry about. That is definitely not the case with FnKa.[/color]

Man the more the hate squad posts, the more I like being in GOONS. I mean you all can't actually be serious can you? You type this stuff with a straight face?

Anyway...good fight FnKa. Best of luck to your members.

Edited by denkimon

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287372478' post='2486805']
[color="#0000FF"]Simply because they have accepted their lot does not mean your treatment of them is justified.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Why not? I would. I know of quite a few rogues who have attacked NSO who have been let off with white peace. It is a policy I have no qualms about continuing.
[/color]
[/quote]
Is that so? I'm kinda bored and have all these nukes costing me upkeep and as the NSO won't pursue reperations I will seriously consider going a few rounds against NSO nations of my choice. Deal?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287407619' post='2487000']
[color="#0000FF"]It does not change the fact that although FnKa has disbanded its members are still under terms. I would not argue against the reps had FnKa not disbanded, for as much as I disagree the policy would still be valid. But I think you may be deliberately ignoring the larger precedent that is being made here. While in the past terms were put in place so that the alliance, the organization as a whole could achieve peace, this no longer the case. It is being put upon the individual members, and not on FnKa.[/color]
[/quote]

Wow RV. It's almost as if FnKa disbanding is of no consequence to GOONS or something...

Fernando, the reason 95% of the posters here are not railing against GOONS here is because it is only the 5% who are lacking the information-processing capacity to compute that "GOONS didn't disband FnKa" when FnKa says "GOONS didn't disband us'".

[quote name='der_ko' timestamp='1287410788' post='2487010']
Is that so? I'm kinda bored and have all these nukes costing me upkeep and as the NSO won't pursue reperations I will seriously consider going a few rounds against NSO nations of my choice. Deal?
[/quote]

I doubt they will simply offer peace and handshakes the moment you get tired of it. That doesnt mean that once both sides are ready for peace they would be demanding large reparations, or any reparations at all.

Sad to see the disbandment of FnKa. Losing a home is never a good time.

Also, and this just bugs me... so I will get it off my chest.

I have heard some decry the use of the mercy board. Where I hail from, the act of conferring laughter on others... is of extreme wealth. It would be an honor to be allowed to show my prowess in delivering a piece of my own creation. To me, the mercy board is is one of the more novel tools to come out in some time and I could very much see myself utilizing such a term if it were offered. Not because I have a great attachment to my nations assets, but because I think conferring laughter is a win for all involved.

To be clear, there was no conspiracy theory here. I take my hat off to GOONS for reaching a very reasonable peace agreement with the former FnKa. This is much better than I had expected...maybe a point was proven here about GOONS, just not the one that was originally intended.

When preforming an experiment, you might start out with one hypothesis, but upon looking at the data, you reach a new conclusion. I for one have much more respect for GOONS coming out of this war than I had going in.

To those left in FnKa, good luck finding a new home.

:ph34r:

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1287413905' post='2487030']
Sad to see the disbandment of FnKa. Losing a home is never a good time.

Also, and this just bugs me... so I will get it off my chest.

I have heard some decry the use of the mercy board. Where I hail from, the act of conferring laughter on others... is of extreme wealth. It would be an honor to be allowed to show my prowess in delivering a piece of my own creation. To me, the mercy board is is one of the more novel tools to come out in some time and I could very much see myself utilizing such a term if it were offered. Not because I have a great attachment to my nations assets, but because I think conferring laughter is a win for all involved.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that if you happened to stop by and apply for mercy for no reason nobody would turn you away :v:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1287372431' post='2486804']
[GOONS] doesn't intend on letting parties that attack us off scot-free
[/quote]

Why not?
[/quote]

Because there would otherwise be no deterrent for people to attack us.

I would. I know of quite a few rogues who have attacked NSO who have been let off with white peace. It is a policy I have no qualms about continuing.
[/quote]

How you or NSO conducts itself is irrelevant.

Also, consenting to something does not mean they're happy with the outcome.
[/quote]

This, too, is ultimately irrelevant. When taking responsibility for one's actions and facing the consequences happiness is neither assured nor necessary.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1287405411' post='2486994']
See? There was no mention of the academy and I doubt any of them could cough up 30m anyway.

/me sends recruitment messages to FnKa Academy. (that's why I asked :P)

I'm fully aware of that and think that requesting members of an alliance register on your forums to do these mercy board terms is ridiculous, which is why I didn't bring it up. It's one thing when it's a rogue but as far as I'm aware, this was an alliance war.
[/quote]

To be clear, the only FnKa Academy nations that will be expected to fulfill a term (whether in the form of reparations or via the Mercy Board) are those that waged war against GOONS. Even then they'll be handled on a case-by-case basis.

That said, people needing to register on an alliance's forums to fulfill a term is ridiculous? Under what justification?