FnKa Disbandment Notice

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1287376094' post='2486851']
Considering FnKA made a declaration with a bogus moralistic sounding reason when the actual reason (admitted to further down the thread) was far from it, anyone who does try has not been paying attention.

In my opinion, FnKa got a good deal here...and I'm in no way in support of GOONS policies.
[/quote]
Disbanding is usually an easy decision if its the only realistic way to get peace, I can fully understand why FnKa did it and can't imagine them realistically getting peace without disbanding.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1287376333' post='2486853']
Disbanding is usually an easy decision if its the only realistic way to get peace, I can fully understand why FnKa did it and can't imagine them realistically getting peace without disbanding.
[/quote]

Do you honestly believe everything you say?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1287376333' post='2486853']
[/quote]
You understand they told us they were disbanding AFTER we had negotiated reps and peace with them right? I mean did you even read the OP in which they said their active members no longer have time to commit to FnKa didn't you?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1287376648' post='2486856']
Do you honestly believe everything you say?
[/quote]
I can understand why they felt they needed to do this even if GOONS didn't tell them to disband, getting peace without disbanding is obviously a lot harder. Do you disagree?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1287372161' post='2486800']
Even if the alliance paying reps is totally fine with it.
[/quote]

So every term NPO and co. ever imposed was fine? Since someone, somewhere, agreed to it? :P

I'm not saying that I think NPOs terms were bad (or good even) but considering a lot of the arguments your allies ("were not as bad as NPO") have made, don't you see this as ironic? :)

Just for the record I'm not in support of some of GOONS policies, but (after some clarification) I do see this is a good deal for FNKA nations.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1287372501' post='2486807']
The terms make me cringe (30 mil from small nations?), however if they said, "Yeah, we'll pay reps", then guess what :unsure:
[/quote]
Fun fact, I read this and wondered what alliance you were from, so I looked up your nation. I saw "AcTi" and didn't know who you guys were, so I pulled up the stats. You have a 6.66 score, whose evil now? :awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1287377049' post='2486860']
I can understand why they felt they needed to do this even if GOONS didn't tell them to disband, getting peace without disbanding is obviously a lot harder. Do you disagree?
[/quote]

Yes we disagree you putz. They had already agreed to reps before disbanding, which you would know if you actually read the thread, but OL METHY IS TOO IMPORTANT TO DO THINGS LIKE THAT.

Edited by Mandolus

[/quote]

What.

They worked out a peace deal.

Then, they disbanded.

They already secured peace.

[/quote]

No, I don't see how disbandment is easy when achieving peace, as it leaves the individual members to fend for themselves. And makes it much easier for for the "oppressor" in this case GOONS to enforce what ever terms they want and the nations are voiceless to do otherwise. However, given the nature that is GOONS, at least the ones I've had the pleasure of speaking with, I don't see their goal as much oppression as I do entertainment. For Goons war is entertaining, for an individual or alliance to get peace, they must be either make it more profitable not to fight, or more entertaining than fighting.

To me, it simply a matter of perspective. They can be "evil" if you make them out to be, or they can be the life of the party if you simply go with the flow. My question though was less directed at the content of your post, as it was the context. Do you truly believe that these individuals are any better off since disbanding? Do you truly believe GOONS were the chief catalyst in their disbandment?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1287377700' post='2486869']
No, I don't see how disbandment is easy when achieving peace, as it leaves the individual members to fend for themselves. And makes it much easier for for the "oppressor" in this case GOONS to enforce what ever terms they want and the nations are voiceless to do otherwise. However, given the nature that is GOONS, at least the ones I've had the pleasure of speaking with, I don't see their goal as much oppression as I do entertainment. For Goons war is entertaining, for an individual or alliance to get peace, they must be either make it more profitable not to fight, or more entertaining than fighting.

To me, it simply a matter of perspective. They can be "evil" if you make them out to be, or they can be the life of the party if you simply go with the flow. My question though was less directed at the content of your post, as it was the context. Do you truly believe that these individuals are any better off since disbanding? Do you truly believe GOONS were the chief catalyst in their disbandment?
[/quote]
I still get offers from alliances on me joining them, I'm sure most of these nations did. Disbanding and joining an alliance that is offering to take care of peace for you is much easier. Sticking together and figuring out a way to get peace without making the alliance fall apart and subjected to harsh terms I think is harder.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1287379067' post='2486877']
Congratulations to FnKA and GOONS.

Methrage, your turn to peace out now.
[/quote]
GOONS have always frowned upon me offering white peace and my nation has nothing to give, so I'll have to await an offer from them if it comes.

No matter how this went down it will forever show FnKa were unable to get peace without disbanding. FnKa disbanded after GOONS repeatedly said that they would disband FnKa and GOONS still demanded reps from the disbanded alliance.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285865877' post='2469859']
Really, they'll probably just disband, but that's on them for engaging us. There is a price to be paid in attacking us, and if they're not interested in paying it, the war will continue.
[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287380564' post='2486889']
No matter how this went down it will forever show FnKa were unable to get peace without disbanding. FnKa disbanded after GOONS repeatedly said that they would disband FnKa and GOONS still demanded reps from the disbanded alliance.
[/quote]

This, one hundred times this.
[size="1"]
No, I'm never sarcastic, why do you ask?[/size]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287368584' post='2486747']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I'd have just let them go. The alliance is disbanded. I[b] fail to see what is to be gained from imposing terms on a now dead alliance. Not a precedent I'm overly fond of.[/b] In the past, when alliances such as the NAAC, or CDS, etc. disbanded the nations that remained were allowed to go in peace, without being pursued. The only exception was when CIS disbanded and the NPO still followed their members, which is more or less what GOONS is doing here unless they are paid off.

Don't get me wrong. I am aware that FnKa is fine with it this. I doubt they're particularly enthused to be paying GOONS money, but it is something they're willing to do in order to get peace. I can't blame them, and I'd likely do the same in their place. But this is not about FnKa so much as it is about GOONS, and how they operate. I disagree strongly with their methods, and I will make sure that they will be changed soon enough.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287369259' post='2486759']
And this whole sentiment right here is a perfect example of why you're little movement and sense of outrage can never really gain meaningful legs.

Pick your battles, [b]some things you just aren't going to be able to decry without your words looking petty[/b] and your motives being transparent; thus resulting in two steps back. This is one of those things.
[/quote]

Wait, how is this petty? FnKa agreed to rep payments and then disbanded so GOONS is in the clear, but what is specifically wrong with RV's post?

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1287380978' post='2486894']
Wait, how is this petty? FnKa agreed to rep payments and then disbanded so GOONS is in the clear, but what is specifically wrong with RV's post?
[/quote]

They tentatively agreed to pay 300 mil to end the war as an alliance, then, after the fact, decided to disband because of apparent inactivity issues in getting votes and sought out GOONS to modify the terms. The two are not connected, a surrender and reps agreement was found agreeable to all prior to disbandment. GOONS did not impose terms on a disbanded alliance, they imposed very lenient terms on an existing alliance, tried to finished the deal, then agreed to a modification proposed by the alliances leadership after the fact when they decided to disband.

What I was expressing is that he knows this and his decrying of the situation is transparent.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287380564' post='2486889']
[/quote]

Remember this?

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1287362843' post='2486660']
Also, before the peanut gallery tries to use FnKa as thier PR banner, just don't. GOONS didn't force us to disband.
[/quote]

It was put there for you and Methrage.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1287381719' post='2486904']
Remember this?

[/quote]
People say a lot of stuff when they are in the process of agreeing to terms and at the mercy of the other alliance.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1287381719' post='2486904']
Remember this?

[/quote]
I remember NSO were forced to post someone elses words recently. If it can happen to them it can happen to a small alliance that GOONS already said they would disband by means of eternal war as punishment for attacking them if they didnt pay up whatever super reps they are known to demand.

It wasnt put there for me or methrage it was put there for GOONS most likely by GOONS

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287382140' post='2486908']
I remember NSO were forced to post someone elses words recently. If it can happen to them it can happen to a small alliance that GOONS already said they would disband by means of eternal war as punishment for attacking them if they didnt pay up whatever super reps they are known to demand.

It wasnt put there for me of methrage it was put there for GOONS most likely by GOONS
[/quote]

I love this insane conspiracy theory. Do tell me more.

If GOONS don't want to force Kerberos Nexus to disband or subject us to harsh reps we have no reason to stay at war with them or fight them at all, I'd like for them to prove me wrong and show themselves to be an alliance that can let go of grudges without taking things as far as they possibly can.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1287382241' post='2486910']
I love this insane conspiracy theory. Do tell me more.
[/quote]
A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen. Then it happened. Can you follow that? I'll say it again if you didnt catch it. [b]A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen, then it happened.[/b]

They disbanded now GOONS say they didnt want what they said they would get if the alliance didnt pay up high reps

If you dont believe me just ask Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285865877' post='2469859']
Really, they'll probably just disband, but that's on them for engaging us. There is a price to be paid in attacking us, and if they're not interested in paying it, the war will continue.
[/quote]

Edited by Alterego