FnKa Disbandment Notice

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287382783' post='2486912']
A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen. Then it happened. Can you follow that? I'll say it again if you didnt catch it. [b]A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen, then it happened.[/b]

They disbanded now GOONS say they didnt want what they said they would get if the alliance didnt pay up high reps

If you dont believe me just ask Sardonic
[/quote]
If you don't believe us, or the official FnKa message about it, I'll just leave you to your conspiracy theories. Really, I don't think it gets any stupider than the third party saying "This isn't how it happened," and then anti-GOONS haters show up and say "YES IT WAS!!" Your anti-GOONS propaganda should at least [i]make sense[/i].

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1287382783' post='2486912']
A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen. Then it happened. Can you follow that? I'll say it again if you didnt catch it. [b]A GOONS leader said this (eternal war, disbandment or very high reps) would happen, then it happened.[/b]

They disbanded now GOONS say they didnt want what they said they would get if the alliance didnt pay up high reps

If you dont believe me just ask Sardonic
[/quote]

They agreed to reps, then disbanded.

Try again.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1287385282' post='2486922']
I'm not a GOONS fan, but i can't say that these reps are insane or Fnka were forced to disband. If someone say that should read the announcement again.
[/quote]

That won't do any good...the "negative PR for GOONS" lackeys are already stating that we forced FnKa to post the OP. Apparently, anytime anyone has anything good to say about us, we're holding a knife to their spine.

On topic, my apologies to FnKa for the disbandment...I hope you guys find decent homes. Also, sorry that this thread became yet another negative PR campaign for GOONS, even after you asked it not to be...it seems certain people don't mind trampling graves to chase cars. :(

The terms are extremely lenient. Given the cost of infra destroyed on high-end nations, 30m per nuke would not be excessive. Around 8k, it starts to cost 300mn to bulk 1k, so only 150 infra would cost 45m to replace.

Asid efrom that, regarding the availability of aid slots, the war criminals can pay off their debt in only 20 days, 30 days at most if GOONS bungles the reps receipt.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1287385282' post='2486922']
I'm not a GOONS fan, but i can't say that these reps are insane or Fnka were forced to disband. If someone say that should read the announcement again.
[/quote]

Echoing both yourself and White Chocolate...FnKa knew what they were getting themselves into, knew (and agreed to) what it would cost to get themselves out of it, and disbanded of their own volition. The conditions of their surrender aren't particularly harsh in any context, less still when you consider that they just up and attacked GOONS.

Pick your battles better, Alterego; the only effect your version of events will likely have on third parties is to convince them that you're not quite grounded in reality.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1287393705' post='2486935']
The terms are extremely lenient. Given the cost of infra destroyed on high-end nations, 30m per nuke would not be excessive. Around 8k, it starts to cost 300mn to bulk 1k, so only 150 infra would cost 45m to replace.

Asid efrom that, regarding the availability of aid slots, the war criminals can pay off their debt in only 20 days, 30 days at most if GOONS bungles the reps receipt.
[/quote]

war criminals?

Quite a extreme definition don't you think? If not, please feel free how you came to that conclusion that they are so.

I just wanted to throw this out to all the "you forced them to disband" folks. No one can force you to disband an alliance, that is a choice only that alliance can make for themselves. All one has to do is look at FAN for proof of this. As a original member of \m/ v.1 I state as fact Sponge didn't force \m/ to disband any more than GOONS forced FnKA to or NPO forced CIS to. FnKA choose this action for themselves. There is nothing what so ever the GOONS could have done to force this, nothing at all, so get over it.

PS: The terms were very light, even those complaining know this deep down.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1287393705' post='2486935']

[/quote]

Reps historically never have accounted for the whole damages of war, I hope you knew that.

Edited by shahenshah

Well good luck (ex) FnKa members and I hope that you had some fun at least :)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287368584' post='2486747']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I'd have just let them go. The alliance is disbanded. I fail to see what is to be gained from imposing terms on a now dead alliance. Not a precedent I'm overly fond of. [b]In the past, when alliances such as the NAAC, or CDS, etc. disbanded the nations that remained were allowed to go in peace, without being pursued.[/b] The only exception was when CIS disbanded and the NPO still followed their members, which is more or less what GOONS is doing here unless they are paid off.[/color]
[/quote]

The bolded bit is not strictly true, how ever, Your Holiness. As ruler of my birth country I myself spent a week or two hunting down NAAC remnants on Admiral Sponge's orders not to let any of them escape GW3. Of course, they could get out of that by clearing their countries of NAAC memorabilia (biographies, flags, AAs), which I totally understand that many refused to do (and it impressed me too), but still it was more like your NPO-CIS example than it was any "let them free out of the goodness of our cold Polar hearts" :P

Your unconditional "reps = extortion" stance is a bit strange to me, and so is your apparent view that these terms are some sort of "first" on Bob (since I interpret your message as meaning that GOONS is setting a precedent here). The NPO-CIS situation is not exactly unique either, since I am pretty certain that virtually all Alliances that disband during a war will continue to be targets until they arrange for peace. (Such disbandment has never been the same as being allowed to just walk away.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287398392' post='2486963']
I look forward to GOONS paying out 1000 tech per nation in the first war that they lose.
[/quote]

What justifies this comment? Have we ever made anyone pay out 1000 tech per nation? Use your head.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287398798' post='2486964']
What justifies this comment? Have we ever made anyone pay out 1000 tech per nation? Use your head.
[/quote]

30m or it's equivalent in tech at a rate of 3m /100 would be 1000 tech wouldn't it? Although, in my opinion, taking into account the size of the nations involved, that's not exactly an excessive amount.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but what of the nations on the FnKa Academy aa? Are those nations expected to pay the same sum of money?

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1287399715' post='2486970']
30m or it's equivalent in tech at a rate of 3m /100 would be 1000 tech wouldn't it? Although, in my opinion, taking into account the size of the nations involved, that's not exactly an excessive amount.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but what of the nations on the FnKa Academy aa? Are those nations expected to pay the same sum of money?
[/quote]

No. The mother alliance negotiated peace for themselves, meaning their academy is free to go as well.

e: as per SirWilliams's post:
[quote]1. Skeam Team, Port Elk, Free Irish States, Questopia, and Almut will pay reparations in the amount of $30 million each[/quote]

That's five nations, not every nation under the FnKa or FnKa Academy AA.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1287394937' post='2486938']
I just wanted to throw this out to all the "you forced them to disband" folks.
[/quote]
to all?

Who would that be? Not very many. Go back and count the replies by GOONS, its allies, or its sympathizers. Well over half the replies in this thread. The PR machine is stupidly roared up over imagined posts. These guys are all a bit dumb. The sit in their IRC channel talking to themselves about how it will be another anti-GOON thread and how tons of people will be protesting. Then they come here and begin to post in before whatever replies. You guys see anti-GOON replies at every turn before anyone even says it. It makes your PR machine look so silly and like you guys are all talking to yourselves. Nobody really gives a damn because we all knew the result of this war when it was declared.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1287400509' post='2486972']
to all?

Who would that be? Not very many. Go back and count the replies by GOONS, its allies, or its sympathizers. Well over half the replies in this thread. The PR machine is stupidly roared up over imagined posts. These guys are all a bit dumb. The sit in their IRC channel talking to themselves about how it will be another anti-GOON thread and how tons of people will be protesting. Then they come here and begin to post in before whatever replies. You guys see anti-GOON replies at every turn before anyone even says it. It makes your PR machine look so silly and like you guys are all talking to yourselves. Nobody really gives a damn because we all knew the result of this war when it was declared.
[/quote]

I take it you're not able to see blue text.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1287399715' post='2486970']

[/quote]
I think GOONS said that the mercyboard option is available to everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong. :ph34r:

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1287402457' post='2486987']
Blue text is not a horde of protesters hence the "to all?" in my post that you replied to.
[/quote]

You're also unable to see Alterego's, Haflinger's, your own, etc.

Seriously, if you're going to focus on a negative point, make sure it's actually there next time.